• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I went to make some breakfast... I thought Fruitdealer was gonna play? Or is he playing with the AZK-nick?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Mairu said:
$$$$

Philippines isn't that far from South Korea though compared to some other international tournaments they pass up. It sucks that we probably won't get any Tastosis Code S matches this week because of this awful event.
oh god....mlg soon isnt it too? lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Genuine question, if a zerg 15-hatch ninja-expands to gold, how can he spend his minerals? I mean, larva is a bitch and early tier units doesn't cost enough minerals... Panda, halp?

Haunted

Yoshichan said:
Genuine question, if a zerg 15-hatch ninja-expands to gold, how can he spend his minerals? I mean, larva is a bitch and early tier units doesn't cost enough minerals... Panda, halp?
Mass Queens

Yoshichan

Haunted said:
Mass Queens
With what, in-base hatcheries :p? It's so slow!

Yoshichan

That was... just wow.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
take a third. the trick to taking a gold is that you need less drones for the same economy, so just do a normal build and cut about 10-15 drones to hit your timing faster with the same econ as a standard 3 base timing.

also, taking your nat gives you a useful safe place to retreat your drones if your gold is sniped.

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
take a third. the trick to taking a gold is that you need less drones for the same economy, so just do a normal build and cut about 10-15 drones to hit your timing faster with the same econ as a standard 3 base timing.

also, taking your nat gives you a useful safe place to retreat your drones if your gold is sniped.
Thanks man!

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
roaches are good way to spend larvae too.
not against terran though

Yoshichan

Zen said:
Have you cleaned out your PM box yet :p
The real question is how d3vil managed to use all 1000 message-slots...

Yoshichan

And lots of them, at that.

Q8D3vil

Zen said:
Have you cleaned out your PM box yet :p
yeah, i cleaned it when u posted about it in this thread.

too bad i don't play terran now (not switching to zerg but all my ladder time go for them).

The real question is how d3vil managed to use all 1000 message-slots...
i'm like the godfather, everyone want to ask me for a favor.

Yoshichan

I feel disgusted by quoting that filthy zerg-traitor now.

*spits on the ground*

Yoshichan

I guess you're right, Panda...

Then again, it's just a matter of time until he switches to toss :( One does not simply ignore the replicator for too long.

Yoshichan

fanboi, I've seen you have that avatar for ages now... but which avatar did you use before that? I can't remember ._.

fanboi

Banned
Yoshichan said:
fanboi, I've seen you have that avatar for ages now... but which avatar did you use before that? I can't remember ._.

I will neve rever tell you... and I also spent a good hour looking for it... fuck you!

It was a god damn pokemon which I didn't realize

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
dam stephano.

surprise 15 void rays, stops it with 3 corruptors, 6 infestors and 3 queens.

just now he went fast third against a 3gate expand zealot/sentry 6gate.
held it with only lings despite forgetting ling speed.
droned and expanded while he was being attacked and then proceeeded to win the game with only speedlings vs a robo build.

Dooraven

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take some time to apologize for what happened last night on our stream. We should have taken better care in selecting a partner in South East Asia to run our qualifiers with. We received assurances that ended up not panning out and we ended up going along with it due to the venue's short timetable for testing availability. We should have screened the quality of the event more intensely. Our intent was to help StarCraft 2 gain popularity across the globe, and we should have done our jobs better. What we thought was going to be something that progresses the scene in SEA has actually done the opposite.

I want to address a couple points that have come up.

1) Regarding YoonYJ's situation (http://www.sc2sea.com/showthread.php?t=2699)

This is a terrible situation that we had no information about until when we read his post. We feel like our part in this has been misrepresented and wanted to clarify that our agreement with the PPSL included a schedule for payments which we were up to date on - PPSL was never waiting for money from us.

2) Regarding our involvement in the event

Our involvement in the event was limited to providing money to support the event as well as providing a streaming channel. We also wanted to support the event by taking its winner to IPL 4. We spent time reviewing what they were planning, as well providing them with production assets and we felt fairly secure that they could run a decent event with what they had promised us. However, we should have been more involved with anything that had to do with the IPL name. We feel this name has come to mean quality entertainment to the community and we apologize for letting everyone down. This is a lesson we will be taking with us for future events with other regional partners. While we realize that our regional partners cannot hold something of the scale of a main IPL event, we feel like at the very least they should have significantly less issues in streaming gameplay and more of a responsiveness to the community.

3) Casters

The only casters we were aware of going into this event was Tastosis. We were under the impression they would be casting the entire event. Regardless of the quality of the other casters, this was something that should have been communicated, as I know many people tuned in specifically for Tastosis.

4) HoNslaught

We had no idea they were going to be trying to run a HoN event alongside SC2. We apologize to the HoN players who were mislead and wasted their time coming to the venue.

What is going to happen now:

We do not feel confident that the PPSL can present a watchable product. As such, we have taken away their streaming privileges from our channel. They may end up streaming on another channel but it will not be through the IPL channel. We have been promised replays from the event and we will be sorting through them and will be broadcasting the top notch games from our own studios, with our own casters. For tonight we will be streaming games from our Multiplay Qualifier #2 that happened this past weekend. Note we are not pulling our support from the PPSL event itself, so players can rest assured that the event (and prize pool) still has funding.

In short, we apologize, we never imagined it would be so terrible and we will work hard in the future to prevent a failure of this magnitude from happening again. You all expect a certain level of product and we completely wasted your time last night. This is completely unacceptable to us and we are sincerely sorry. We hope everyone still recognizes the level of quality that we at the IPL work hard everyday to present to the community and has trust that we will do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you.

Edit: My apologies in advance is any of this is factually incorrect, this post was made based of the information we received from the community, messages with people at the venue and from what we observed from the event last night.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=283544

Edit: Bah Mairu ><

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
IPL is my esports waifu.

they have ever done anything wrong. they're making the rest of ign look good by association. >_>

Mairu

Pandaman said:
IPL is my esports waifu.

they have ever done anything wrong. they're making the rest of ign look good by association. >_>
IPL has done a lot of things pretty well with IPL3 but to say they've done nothing wrong is... wrong

I mean, they hired HDStarcraft & PainUser for one :p

Dooraven

Their Public Relations is top notch yeah, respect increased a lot after this one.

Hopefully the Multiplay Tournament in the UK goes well.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mairu said:
IPL has done a lot of things pretty well with IPL3 but to say they've done nothing wrong is... wrong

I mean, they hired HDStarcraft & PainUser for one :p
thats strategy! painuser as a former player has good input and HD came with a prebuilt fanbase.

IPL is the real deal, and showing us what a esports can look like when done professionally with money. No one can compare to what they're capable of; if it wasn't for the freak accident that took out the internet at IPL3, it would have been a nigh perfect event.

The community outreach is unparalleled. They're actually growing the "amateur" scenes, not just focusing on the same 10-20 players we see at every tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom