• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PDs new avatar... disgusting ._.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What do I do if I scout a guy early on and he's building an Amory. Obviously getting Thors. How should I counter?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tashi0106 said:
What do I do if I scout a guy early on and he's building an Amory. Obviously getting Thors. How should I counter?
You're terran, right? And you scout your guy building an armory? He might be upgrading his mech army (hellions, siege tanks) but he might also be building Thors... and Thors are the shittiest unit in the game pretty much. Keep on producing marines, they counter it.

Tashi

Yoshichan said:
You're terran, right? And you scout your guy building an armory? He might be upgrading his mech army (hellions, siege tanks) but he might also be building Thors... and Thors are the shittiest unit in the game pretty much. Keep on producing marines, they counter it.
Hmmm yea. It just happened to me tonight I didn't handle it properly at all. I expanded too late, didn't build enough SCV's and got destroyed by seige tanks. He built like 6 Thors. I still have a bad habit of not building shit but instead trying to build more units and vehicles from what I have.

Yoshichan

Tashi0106 said:
Hmmm yea. It just happened to me tonight I didn't handle it properly at all. I expanded too late, didn't build enough SCV's and got destroyed by seige tanks. He built like 6 Thors. I still have a bad habit of not building shit but instead trying to build more units and vehicles from what I have.
Don't let it bother you man, we all lose to shitty stuff sometimes. If you see someone building an armory, it should never stop you from expanding/producing stuff/making SCVs constantly. Just do your regular build and try get air superiority (if he goes for viking/siege tanks).
PhoenixDark said:
i knew pussy made you uncomfortable

Sase v MKP, plz no lag
I've got tons of pussy cats in my house~

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q5DHZ.jpg

Tdzed.jpg

two down, the world to go...

Yoshichan

Way too easy for Foxer, gb2 Korea
or Sweden
plz

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh Panda, some guy at Blizzcon has Day9 sign his MLP toy that was boxed. I saw 3 people with MLP shirts too.
Tashi0106 said:
My logic: lots of early investment tech for 1 unit = no econ and no transition. Also gas limited.
Make marauders and kill him.

Again it depends on the timing of things because an early armory and a rush to armory are two different things.

Scouting is important.
Rescouting is the most important.

Tashi

Yoshichan said:
Don't let it bother you man, we all lose to shitty stuff sometimes. If you see someone building an armory, it should never stop you from expanding/producing stuff/making SCVs constantly. Just do your regular build and try get air superiority (if he goes for viking/siege tanks).

I've got tons of pussy cats in my house~
True. I just gotta keep making SCVs and supply depots.

Also, sensor towers are pretty awesome.

Yoshichan

Tashi0106 said:
True. I just gotta keep making SCVs and supply depots.

Also, sensor towers are pretty awesome.
Yeah! Especially if you're worried about drops~

Yoshichan

Sase doing 4gate all-in on Crevasse.

Yoshichan

lol get the heck out of here Sase

Yoshichan

D3vil, that's his job y'know :)

Haunted

Still watching Day9 freak out playing Amnesia. Going to watch the Pacific qualifiers right after, I promise.

Pandaman said:
two down, the world to go...
These guys used to be cool. I feel confused and betrayed right now. :(

23Nna.gif

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
no, thats called fanboyism.
Never change D3vil, never change :)

Haunted

Tuning into the qualifiers right now... Tastosis have become a lot more feminine since the last time I saw them.

Also more Australian.

Yoshichan

D3vil new avatar puts him on the ignore list.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Haunted said:
Tuning into the qualifiers right now... Tastosis have become a lot more feminine since the last time I saw them.

Also more Australian.

It was linked here before, but everyone needs to read this

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=283600

some of this shit. holy fuck.

Instead of approaching YoonYJ, Gus offered mOOnGLaDe a qualifying spot and paid flights/accommodation, on the condition that he is required to join Team AZK. (GLaDe declined)
If your mind hasn't started connecting the dots yet, just consider their alleged acquisition of viOlet and now NEXSickness. Also ex-WeMadeFOX players Moon and Soccer being tagged as AZK players. Yeah.

Haunted

Terran populace on GAF is rapidly dwindling.

Also, lol at the local Philippine scene, 14 out of 32 players participated and not a single one made it out of the groups. >_>

Sen and Naniwa are the only remaining non-Koreans. Fighting!

Haunted

HolyCheck said:
It was linked here before, but everyone needs to read this

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=283600

some of this shit. holy fuck.
Yeah, I've seen the thread. Apparently that Guz guy lied to the players and his sponsors (IPL), as well as embezzling the prize money for the HoN tournament that never took place.

Aside from his reputation in the community being destroyed, he's most likely going to get sued by IGN.

HolyCheck

Haunted said:
Yeah, I've seen the thread. Apparently that Guz guy lied to the players and his sponsors (IPL), as well as embezzling the prize money for the HoN tournament that never took place.

Aside from his reputation in the community being destroyed, he's most likely going to get sued by IGN.

I hope he does.

This has set the SEA community back heaps :(

Haunted

HolyCheck said:
I hope he does.

This has set the SEA community back heaps :(
Well, I'm hoping that none of the big tournaments uses this as an excuse to shun the region for qualifiers (IPL, IEM).

What Alex said in the IGN apology post is that they will be screening potential partners more closely, which implies that they do want to do further outsourcing/partnerships.

We can't let a bad apple ruin the harvest.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
say what you want but its the best unit in the game in a broken way (muta are too).

You didn't really switch to Zerg did you? :p You are more like Artosis switching to Protoss so he can legitimize his balance whining.

HolyCheck

Haunted said:
Well, I'm hoping that none of the big tournaments uses this as an excuse to shun the region for qualifiers (IPL, IEM).

What Alex said in the IGN apology post is that they will be screening potential partners more closely, which implies that they do want to do further outsourcing/partnerships.

We can't let a bad apple ruin the harvest.

They should have just asked FXO Boss :(

He would in turn point them to unstable, who would point them to dox, benjilol et all.

everything would have been ok!

Yoshichan

Idra: Roach is the worst unit in the game
D3vil: Roach is the best unit in the game

Yoshichan

Dooraven said:
How in the world does idra think roaches are worse than hydras?
Hyperbole when he lost

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=283573
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.4.2

General

“Alert Fade” under Sound Options has been renamed to Game Volume During Alerts. Its tooltips have also been changed for clarification.

The fade-in for game sound during alerts changed from .5 seconds to 2 seconds.

• Play-Time Schedule under Parental Controls now applies World of Warcraft settings to StarCraft II

Bug Fixes

Fixed a truncation on specific resolution if the current and maximum supplies are 3 digits.

Fixed an issue which prevented footprints from being edited in the Footprint Editor.

Fixed an issue that caused the game to have missing icons and images on low end graphics cards.

Balance

PROTOSS
Forge
The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 1 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 200/200

The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 2 has been decreased to 225/225, down from 300/300

The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 3 has been decreased to 300/300, down from 400/400

The cost of Upgrade Ground Weapons Level 2 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 175/175

The cost of Upgrade Ground Weapons Level 3 has been decreased to 200/200, down from 250/250

The cost of Upgrade Ground Armor Level 2 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 175/175

The cost of Upgrade Ground Armor Level 3 has been decreased to 200/200, down from 250/250

TERRAN
Ghost
EMP radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5

aaa-6.jpg

Yoshichan

Still no avatar and feats of strength.

Tashi

I just played the dumbest 47 minute match ever. Basically some guy kept building nukes while I just went around destroying his bases until eventually, he had no SCVs, no supply depots or anything. He sent all his remaining bases to each corner of the map and forced me to build a bunch of vikings and shit and chase him down for about 15 minutes. So fucking annoying.

Yoshichan

Tashi0106 said:
I just played the dumbest 47 minute match ever. Basically some guy kept building nukes while I just went around destroying his bases until eventually, he had no SCVs, no supply depots or anything. He sent all his remaining bases to each corner of the map and forced me to build a bunch of vikings and shit and chase him down for about 15 minutes. So fucking annoying.
You better get used to that ._.

Tashi

Yoshichan said:
You better get used to that ._.

I just hit top 10! Get used to that!

I love seige tanks btw. I like running along the side of a base where they have unsuspecting marines or building chillin, I throw down siege mode and just scan there and do work. They get all scared and shit. Then I stim up the front door and shit just starts falling apart.

"GG"

YESSSSSS

Yoshichan

HolyCheck

Tashi0106 said:
I just hit top 10! Get used to that!

I love seige tanks btw. I like running along the side of a base where they have unsuspecting marines or building chillin, I throw down siege mode and just scan there and do work. They get all scared and shit. Then I stim up the front door and shit just starts falling apart.

"GG"

YESSSSSS

NA Bronze I take it?

I wish I faced games like that. fucking SEA

Yoshichan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom