• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

Hazaro said:
Portrait is nice. Shoulda sold my card for more.
You would've got more not selling it the instant you got it and selling it 10 minutes later when we were in line than you could get for it now on ebay :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
yeah, i'm kinda of psycho.
not as much as yoshi though :)
What is this psycho you speak of!

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
What is this psycho you speak of!
psycho_norman.jpg

For the first half of the last page I thought we had a new guy on sc2gaf, didn't know it was devil

Should be really interesting (in a funny way)

and go Sen, crush this noob who only wins on timings

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheThunder said:
For the first half of the last page I thought we had a new guy on sc2gaf, didn't know it was devil
Yep. it sucks.

edit: hey guys, I'm gonna PM a mod so that he can change my username to something completely different. Then change my avatar to some random thing. No one will ever know it's me!

Q8D3vil

TheThunder said:

Should be really interesting (in a funny way)

and go Sen, crush this noob who only wins on timings
yeah i've been playing zerg exclusively for a week now.
aside from 90% zvz im having a blast, its like playing a new game.

offracing without real ladder sucks, if anyone want to offrace he gotta do it in ladder.

Sen totally rolled that scrub

Q8D3vil said:
yeah i've been playing zerg exclusively for a week now.
aside from 90% zvz im having a blast, its like playing a new game.

offracing without real ladder sucks, if anyone want to offrace he gotta do it in ladder.
I was the opposite, I switched from zerg to terran because ZvZ is bullshit plus I thought Terran = Masters ezpz

Q8D3vil

TheThunder said:
Sen totally rolled that scrub

I was the opposite, I switched from zerg to terran because ZvZ is bullshit plus I thought Terran = Masters ezpz
i didn't switch to zerg.

i'm just got my friend account (his 1v1 ladder is clean) so i got into diamond after placement, but got demoted into platinum after my mmr got stable.

Master ezpz = protoss
high diamond to master is extremely hard as a Terran.

i played like 8 terran, 10-15 protoss and 40 zerg.
zvz is garbage :/

Yoshichan

Yeah, that was a nice thing to say by Sen :). Foxer vs Moon after this.

Yoshichan

wtf, F-Zero music XD?

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

AdventureRacing said:
ZvZ is by far the best mirror matchup.
Not even close. There are a total of two other mirror matches that are better.

Come on panda give me some support lol. I don't even think it's a contest ZvZ is just much more exciting.

It's the main thing that is making me regret playing protoss and terran.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
Come on panda give me some support lol. I don't even think it's a contest ZvZ is just much more exciting.

right now its killing the zerg inside me :(
fucking zvzvzvzvzvzvzzvzvz

AdventureRacing said:

"man that guy out srrrrrrrrrrr'd the other guy so hard"

Q8D3vil said:
right now its killing the zerg inside me :(
fucking zvzvzvzvzvzvzzvzvz

Yeah but just think if those had been tvtvtvtvtvtvttvtvtvt you would have been 80 years old before they finished.

TheThunder said:
"man that guy out srrrrrrrrrrr'd the other guy so hard"

Spoken like someone who has no understanding of the matchup at all.

Yoshichan

I guess ZvZ isn't "boring" but it's uninspiring, often too quick and way too fragile.

How is ZvZ more boring than TvT? Seriously i just don't understand this. I could maybe understand that from a spectators point of view but not actually playing the game.

ZvZ can be fragile but that's part of why i love it. It's just constant pressure, it starts early and goes for the whole game.

AdventureRacing said:
How is ZvZ more boring than TvT? Seriously i just don't understand this. I could maybe understand that from a spectators point of view but not actually playing the game.

ZvZ can be fragile but that's part of why i love it. It's just constant pressure, it starts early and goes for the whole game.
I'm speaking mostly from a spectator's point of view, but when it comes to playing, I hate all mirror match ups but every ZvZ of mine was some random ling/bling shit that I don't have the micro/apm to pull off so I always lose, but I'm a gold player so take that for what it's worth.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:

zvz is not dynamic at all because of how zerg tech tree works.
you mass roaches and some other stuff and you attack if it was macro game or bling ling war in the beginning.
but i think its better than pvp from a player pov.

tvt is a much better matchup because there is tons of options (you can be aggressive with bio drops or turtle with mech)

Q8D3vil said:
you mass roaches and some other stuff and you attack if it was macro game or bling ling war in the beginning.

not necessarily true, Mutas are still making a comeback but it can be rather risky.

Yoshichan

Look what just hatchet out of the egg :D!

DP8Eo.jpg

3X9xg.jpg

G0aJm.jpg

DmzgP.jpg

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:

tvt is a much better matchup because there is tons of options (you can be aggressive with bio drops or turtle with mech)

You just proved that you have no understanding of ZVZ at all. Anyway.

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
You just proved that you have no understanding of ZVZ at all. Anyway.
lets play some zvz and see
i can probably beat u easily after playing 1 week with zerg (since i get 90% zvz) :)

edit: we just played
me 2 - 1 Arnold :D
he refused to go baneling to stop early agression >_>

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
pure ling easily beats baneling aggression though.

banelings are only for plat leaguers who don't understand how to zvz.

V_Arnold

Yeah, I destroyed Devil with Mutas after his first failed baneling rush.
Then I lost to a baneling attack (13/13?).
Then he did a...*surprise* baneling attack again. While I was destroying his exp with a LOT of lings.

Yeah, Devil totally proved me how much he knows about ZVZ :D
(Funny thing is that it almost made me go and try to practice SCII again so that I can single-handedly stop all dumb bullshit Baneling agression... but it is NaNoWriMo month, and it would be wasted time.)

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
pure ling easily beats baneling aggression though.

banelings are only for plat leaguers who don't understand how to zvz.
teach me the way to do it.
>_>

but why are koreans still doing it ?
i saw it yesterday in code A

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
teach me the way to do it.
>_>

but why are koreans still doing it ?
i saw it yesterday in code A

It is an allin.
Koreans do allins all the time. That does not teach you anything about the matchup.
It is like saying you learn TVT by doing 2rax proxy pushes all the times. Or by going for banshees always.

Yoshichan

pony = gosu on gaf?

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
It is an allin.
Koreans do allins all the time. That does not teach you anything about the matchup.
It is like saying you learn TVT by doing 2rax proxy pushes all the times. Or by going for banshees always.
blah blah blah
i defeated and you need to accept that.
i can play with or without baneling but every baneling in the ladder so i do it just to prepare.

Yoshichan

FoxSpirit said:
Nooooooooo, Stephanos stream crashed
:-(
don't worry, random diamond player can replace him - right D3vil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom