• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
HolyCheck said:
We can have our game on the big stage!

Battle of the Bronze!

clearly the highlight of the day

I'm on now if you wanna play. Or anyone for that matter. I have an idea for a build order and I wanna put it to the test.

Also, I'm trying to get my stream up and the screen keeps flashing. Shit is annoying. I have no problems streaming Halo, it's just when I capture from my pc.

edit: Apparently it's only when I'm in the game. Not in the menus or anything like that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tashi0106 said:
Also, I'm trying to get my stream up and the screen keeps flashing. Shit is annoying. I have no problems streaming Halo, it's just when I capture from my pc.

edit: Apparently it's only when I'm in the game. Not in the menus or anything like that.
your PC is dropping frames, get a better pc.

when you're streaming halo, the xbox is the one doing the heavy lifting for the game while the pc just renders the video, with starcraft your pc has to do both.

Tashi

Pandaman said:
your PC is dropping frames, get a better pc.

when you're streaming halo, the xbox is the one doing the heavy lifting for the game while the pc just renders the video, with starcraft your pc has to do both.

Ahhh ok. I did low my game settings a bunch too but I guess it can't handle it. Ok, no biggy. Thanks

Haunted

Deadman said:
Not surprising.

Koreans won't appear there because there's only GSL for them and Idra is a lock for most of the Invitationals.

Also, the selection of tournaments counted is very limited. It wouldn't surprise me if any of these 5 wouldn't make the Top 10 most games played if you include online cups. People like Goody, Kas and Nerchio probably crank out more tournament games in a week than others do in a month. :)

edit: that said, I love stats! :p

Haunted

and because I love them so much:

TLPD Korea + International stats (so, only recorded tournament games)

Goody 1164
Kas 1025
Strelok 860
Sjow 846
Mana 797
Dimaga 795
Nerchio 783
Socke 764
Morrow 689
HasuObs 625
Idra 517
Huk 479
MC 360
Puma 215
MMA 173
Bomber 159

Just did it until Idra fell out of the Top 10 :)p), so I probably missed a couple prolific players. :)

Also note that TLPD is by no means complete.

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Why is there an uproar about it?

The Canada Cup stream was one of the first streams in the FGC that offered a paid premium service. You would get 720HP HD quality stream and access to the VODs.

Unfortunately, the stream was plagued with tons of issues. The 720P paid people paid for wasn't that good, the free service stream looked super sketchy, had lag, and went down several times. The stream also experienced quite the few audio issues, and the biggest uproar came with how many ads were played. Matches in fighting games are done in 2-3 minutes, and a set is 5-6, so they played ads pretty much after every match. They started to play them so much so, that when coupled with the lag issues, the ads would cut into mid match or right at the end when you were about to see an outcome.

One more thing that shit it up is that in the FGC stream chats, we troll, and it's accepted. Of course going overboard will get you banned, but a lot of stuff flies. One mod in particular started to just ban everyone for anything, and if you typed 895 at all, boom banned for 10+ minutes. The slow mode got ramped up to like 6 minutes, and even I got banned for saying, "oooooh damn" at the end of a SUPER hype match where Momochi won with his Cody doing something I had never seen. Luckily, Jared the new Twitch boss master who has deep roots in the FGC saw this, and side barred him and remedied that issue.

It was a FANTASTIC tournament, but one of the worst streams ever.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
zlatko said:
The Canada Cup stream was one of the first streams in the FGC that offered a paid premium service. You would get 720HP HD quality stream and access to the VODs.

Unfortunately, the stream was plagued with tons of issues. The 720P paid people paid for wasn't that good, the free service stream looked super sketchy, had lag, and went down several times. The stream also experienced quite the few audio issues, and the biggest uproar came with how many ads were played. Matches in fighting games are done in 2-3 minutes, and a set is 5-6, so they played ads pretty much after every match. They started to play them so much so, that when coupled with the lag issues, the ads would cut into mid match or right at the end when you were about to see an outcome.

One more thing that shit it up is that in the FGC stream chats, we troll, and it's accepted. Of course going overboard will get you banned, but a lot of stuff flies. One mod in particular started to just ban everyone for anything, and if you typed 895 at all, boom banned for 10+ minutes. The slow mode got ramped up to like 6 minutes, and even I got banned for saying, "oooooh damn" at the end of a SUPER hype match where Momochi won with his Cody doing something I had never seen. Luckily, Jared the new Twitch boss master who has deep roots in the FGC saw this, and side barred him and remedied that issue.

It was a FANTASTIC tournament, but one of the worst streams ever.
Was this first time fighting game streams had premium stream? SC2 has been like this for awhile so no surprise on that. Although the commercial spam is just bad all around. Surprised the paid memebers dont get ads.

a176

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Was this first time fighting game streams had premium stream? SC2 has been like this for awhile so no surprise on that. Although the commercial spam is just bad all around. Surprised the paid memebers dont get ads.

why would they need a premium stream
didnt EVO hit like a record number of viewers?

all free and no lag

gg no re

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
a176 said:
why would they need a premium stream
didnt EVO hit like a record number of viewers?

all free and no lag

gg no re
So does MLGs Blizzcon with the record high number of viewers and they have pay model too.

WHen it comes to business side, they want more money and be able to survive easier.

Striek

AdventureRacing said:
That should be good enough to get you into the group stages at MLG.
3zfWP.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Tashi

I had fun tonight. Also, I just made 4th in the division. I just wanna keep on shitting on people so I can get to silver. That's going to be a lot of fun.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:

Did you have any interest in the DOTA 2 beta, or did you get in yet? I don't think one of my buddies took the key I offered him, so if you want it it's yours.

Edit: Bah just as I typed this he got back to me and took it.

:( Sorries.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zlatko said:
Did you have any interest in the DOTA 2 beta, or did you get in yet? I don't think one of my buddies took the key I offered him, so if you want it it's yours.

Edit: Bah just as I typed this he got back to me and took it.

:( Sorries.
This is perfectly fine for me ♥ I'm not interested in DOTA2 :D Thanks though!!

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
So long thread for awhile!

I'll miss you.
Where are you going?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom