• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Milabrega said:
Can someone fill me in, who exactly is Deezer and what does he do?
deezer is a hacker/streamsniper in the grandmasters league who uses the opponents stream to ensure he almost always matches up with the same person over and over again and then watches that stream while he plays so he knows what his opponent is doing.

so for example; on destinys stream you'd see like 5-10 games in a row where deezer does proxies, rushes and blind counters based off of what he sees destiny building on his stream. he also trolls the whole time he's doing this.

and he's Quebecois.

AmFreak

Dude is a bitch, an asshole who makes it harder for progamers to stream and makes it harder for us viewers to watch, he doesn't owe idra or idras viewers anything and if idra cant deal with that he should just stop streaming.

Milabrega

Thanks guys. Didn't know such an asshole character like that existed, kind of hilarious. Streamers could always plan around the character knowing he exists.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Milabrega said:
Thanks guys. Didn't know such an asshole character like that existed, kind of hilarious. Streamers could always plan around the character knowing he exists.
how would you do that? :p

nilbog21

Banned
L7HnM.jpg

did he really say it like that

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Milabrega said:
The only ways people do atm is to blank out their screen which then causes people to leave the stream, so less money for them. But if they love this game as much as they said, less money shouldnt be an issue!

Mairu

byun got banned from tournaments by Prime as well apparently & gomtv is angry that byun used profanities during the game

serious shit

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Corran Horn said:
lol. Korea has to take is much seriously after savior/others incident
it IS serious.

do you know what chaos it would cause if the Australian cricketing team through a game to allow say, the Afghani cricket team to qualify for the world cup, over New Zealand?

Yes I know it's not on the same scale, but the principles the same.

BigAT

HolyCheck said:
it IS serious.

do you know what chaos it would cause if the Australian cricketing team through a game to allow say, the Afghani cricket team to qualify for the world cup, over New Zealand?

The madness! They might even have to get the Prime Minister involved.

tumblr_l7plvrhice1qdoghio1_500.png

HolyCheck

BigAT said:
The madness! They might even have to get the Prime Minister involved.

tumblr_l7plvrhice1qdoghio1_500.png

Or send them to Jail.

Pakistan trio Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir were jailed in London earlier this month after being found guilty of conspiracy to cheat and conspiracy to accept corrupt payments during last year's tour of England.

Yes, again, a grander scale.

But still, draw the line.

Corran Horn

HolyCheck said:
it IS serious.

Im just saying the rest of the sc2 world doesnt atm but Korea has to due to the incident in the past. Hell Idra/Demuslim thing just happened recently. Same with TT1/Fenix not long ago.

HolyCheck

Corran Horn said:
Im just saying the rest of the sc2 world doesnt atm but Korea has to due to the incident in the past. Hell Idra/Demuslim thing just happened recently. Same with TT1/Fenix not long ago.

All of them should have lost all the prize money.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So... I just don't understand the drama going on right now. Is it a two-pronged drama? The thing with Holden? And now this whole byun-thing?

Corran Horn

Yoshichan said:
So... I just don't understand the drama going on right now. Is it a two-pronged drama? The thing with Holden? And now this whole byun-thing?
Also Matt Schaub is out for the year, poor Texans.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm so confused...

Yoshichan

SteveWinwood said:
I'm so behind on all the silly soap opera stuff in the sc2 world.
Yeah same... and I've only been gone for three days. So stupid.

Dooraven

Screw waiting for OT 4, I petition a name change to Dramacraft.

On the serious side, this is some pretty bad stuff, glad GomTv stepped up the mark here.

Corran Horn

Dooraven said:
Screw waiting for OT 4, I petition a name change to Dramacraft.

On the serious side, this is some pretty bad stuff, glad GomTv stepped up the mark here.
Gom punished someone in past for rock paper scissor in mass ladder games. Think it was choya.

Haunted

I have no sympathy for people who throw games to let their buddy advance. It destroys the legitimacy and integrity of tournaments they participate in. It's the principle of the thing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Milabrega said:
No, he actually stalks you for hours. Like hours. Just to stream snipe you.
Then he gets your alt and stream snipes that because he made a diamond account to match your alt's MMR.

Zen

Banned
Pandaman said:
deezer is a hacker/streamsniper in the grandmasters league who uses the opponents stream to ensure he almost always matches up with the same person over and over again and then watches that stream while he plays so he knows what his opponent is doing.

so for example; on destinys stream you'd see like 5-10 games in a row where deezer does proxies, rushes and blind counters based off of what he sees destiny building on his stream. he also trolls the whole time he's doing this.

and he's Quebecois.

French Canadians in general are a little odd.

zoukka

Hazaro said:
No, he actually stalks you for hours. Like hours. Just to stream snipe you.
Then he gets your alt and stream snipes that because he made a diamond account to match your alt's MMR.

Introduce a small delay to your stream.

Pandaman said:
Its not bullshit at all. Why should idra have all the benefits of streaming and playing a public ladder and never have to deal with the issues that come with that system?

Deezer doesn't owe idra or idras viewers anything and if idra cant deal with that he should just stop streaming.

It is bullshit. Whether or not you agree with what Idra is saying is irrelevant. What i'm saying is i don't like something that is actively effecting someones livelihood being just called 'internet business' almost implying that it's childess to get angry about it. Getting upset about a post on neogaf? That's childish. Getting annoyed because someone is potentially costing you a fair amount of money? I don't have any problem with that.

I'm not saying deezer owes Idra anything but it's pretty easy to understand why it annoys him.

FoxSpirit

Blizzard should introduce a system that can flag people so after a certain amount of complaints by players, you can set someone to AMM ignore. Only for Master/GM league players.

Because yeah, stream cheaters are annoying as hell. I bet he only does it because "it's not illegal" and he just likes to troll people.

Yoshichan

Hell yeah, it arrived!

NZmX0.jpg

Operation Dreamhack Winter has just STARTED!

FoxSpirit

HolyCheck said:
And lose the interactivity with your fans?
You can set up a 1 minute delay which you can constantly catch up on between matches. Means 1 minute delay at the start of every match of the stream but if you make it controllable, you can reserve that honour for people like Deezer. Or make it 2 minutes, just for him, your fans will hopefully understand.
Not sure how difficult it is to implement that though.

Also, interesting article on Team Liquid:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=285603

edit: a whiteboard with markers?

Yoshichan

FoxSpirit said:
Yes, that's usually how a bank robbery starts too!

mcrae

FoxSpirit said:
You can set up a 1 minute delay which you can constantly catch up on between matches. Means 1 minute delay at the start of every match of the stream but if you make it controllable, you can reserve that honour for people like Deezer. Or make it 2 minutes, just for him, your fans will hopefully understand.
Not sure how difficult it is to implement that though.

Also, interesting article on Team Liquid:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=285603

yeah, i dont understand why they dont set up such a delay. i would think that they wouldnt lose as many fans doing that vs going black screen, and plus they'd get a 2 minute pee break at the end of each match

No wonder there's drama: after what seemed like weekend after weekend of big tournaments, things have cooled down a bit. GSL is happening but meh, don't really care. I payed for it and have barely watched any games.

Haunted

PhoenixDark said:
No wonder there's drama: after what seemed like weekend after weekend of big tournaments, things have cooled down a bit. GSL is happening but meh, don't really care. I payed for it and have barely watched any games.
MLG Providence will save us! 3 days.

(._.)

Banned
I skipped this season of GSL. First one I haven't purchased since I got into it a year ago. Just don't have time to watch it with all these games coming out plus I want to play SCII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom