• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

I was kinda hoping BW pros switching would make use of 5 control groups for units but it seems they all get lazy too and put everything on 1 and 2.

The day we don't see casters suicide rushing ahead into battle without energy is the day we see truly good play.

jasonng

Deadman said:
I don't get it. He recalled his Dragoon army to get taken out mines. Why?

Anyway,

lOAXv.png

Once again I have to miss out on Gaf Night. Still haven't gotten around to getting that external drive so I can reformat. Doesn't help that I'm much too distracted with Deux Ex just like the lot of you are distracted by that god awful game Skyrim. Will catch you guys on the stream.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

WedgeX

Banned
jasonng said:

<3

Once again I have to miss out on Gaf Night. Still haven't gotten around to getting that external drive so I can reformat. Doesn't help that I'm much too distracted with Deux Ex just like the lot of you are distracted by that god awful game Skyrim. Will catch you guys on the stream.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
&#9829; &#9829; &#9829; ShallNoiseUpon &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

a176

Banned
jasonng said:
I don't get it. He recalled his Dragoon army to get taken out mines. Why?

you dont usually see so many mines in the base because they will also blow up your own units. you can see nearly all of flash's scvs pop :p

but having your entire recall pop is pretty humiliating in itself

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
a176 said:
you dont usually see so many mines in the base because they will also blow up your own units. you can see nearly all of flash's scvs pop :p

but having your entire recall pop is pretty humiliating in itself

I've just had a vision of defensive shredders in terrans mineral lines.. pull you SCV's the moment you see a drop coming! skirt in and out of the field!

Mairu

HolyCheck said:
You just jelly it's all about SEA! lololol
CSN should be the one taking responsibility for letting that awful "interview" even air. A guy has a reputation online of being someone who ran away with S2's money for HON, ditched a travel agent he hired, and managed to be out of reach on the first day of the tourney (and more, the summary threads on TL list quite a lot) and they let that shitty apology air? There were no hard questions, there was no bringing up evidence or posts by the organizers or players. They just let him say whatever he want. I have no idea why they bothered to air it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
You just jelly it's all about SEA! lololol
no ones jelly of SEA.
not even marmalade.

edit:
*incontrol cannon rushes a zerg on tal*
incontrol: if a zerg goes hatch first like that, he deserves what he gets.
*incontrol scouts a building nydus wurm and still manages to lose to it*
incontrol: im just going to sit here and ban people for a little while.

lawl.

Zen

Banned
I have a million papers to write and I haven't attended class since Thursday and I barely worked on homework in that time because I kept saying "I'll take the day off to do homework" and stressed out instead so i wouldn't sleep well and would end up too tired to do good homework the next day.

Awesome story bro.

fanboi

Banned
Corran Horn said:
T2Ppz.png

So you need more points to get promoted into each league, thus proving how much better NA is over EU.

But, SEA was higher then SK which was lower then NA... YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tashi0106 said:
WTF I thought points didn't really matter for leveling different leagues
they dont.

it isnt saying you need 1,200 points to make it into silver from bronze.
its saying if you have 1,200 points at the end of the season, the consequence of accruing that many points would place your mmr within the range of silver and most likely give you a season turnover promotion despite your unsettled mmr.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Pandaman said:
they dont.

it isnt saying you need 1,200 points to make it into silver from bronze.
its saying if you have 1,200 points at the end of the season, the consequence of accruing that many points would place your mmr within the range of silver and most likely give you a season turnover promotion despite your unsettled mmr.

Oh I see.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
Yes, no, maybe?
you're questioning if the point spread proves na>eu by pointing out that SEA>KR

however you're neglecting the possibility of SEA>KR out of hand.

basically you're assuming the data is flawed to prove that the data is flawed, you would have to provide some alternate means to demonstrate that KR>SEA is actually true or provide an alternate explanation for the point spread.

all you have to say is that the point spread demonstrates the variance between leagues within a server and that its meaningless to compare server skill with it. it could be that despite having the largest variance between the lowest master and grand master, that lowest master is still 'better' than any player on any other server. thats perfectly possible with the data corran presented. its also possible that the best player in na is 'worse' than the worst player of any other server. So i think we can all agree that if both of those things can be true, the information isn't very useful for comparing skill across servers.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:

basically you're assuming the data is flawed to prove that the data is flawed, you would have to provide some alternate means to demonstrate that KR>SEA is actually true or provide an alternate explanation for the point spread.

all you have to say is that the point spread demonstrates the variance between leagues within a server and that its meaningless to compare server skill with it. it could be that despite having the largest variance between the lowest master and grand master, that lowest master is still 'better' than any player on any other server. thats perfectly possible with the data corran presented. its also possible that the best player in na is 'worse' than the worst player of any other server. So i think we can all agree that if both of those things can be true, the information isn't very useful for comparing skill across servers.
GakOe.jpg

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:

trollface-copy.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Deadman said:
Oh shit the Ultimate Weapon is back.
Yes
Yessssssssss
Zzoram said:
I was kinda hoping BW pros switching would make use of 5 control groups for units but it seems they all get lazy too and put everything on 1 and 2.

The day we don't see casters suicide rushing ahead into battle without energy is the day we see truly good play.
I know right. Wait until Ghost move speed gets lowered for "Better caster control"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
after thinking about it and getting betrayed ( i'm looking at you yoshi :mad:) i decided to buy skyrim
Nooooooooooo :(!

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
got it, downloading now :D
Enjoy sir!

Don't forget to change the stupid smooth mousing, and sensitivity :D

Mairu

Haunted said:
NeoGAF is down on the first day of MLG Providence.

What's our contingency plan, guys?
there's always irc, there was #sc2gaf or something on quakenet but I stopped going since it was dead all the time

Haunted

[13:16] == Haunted [bc6bfb63@gateway/web/freenode/ip.] has joined #sc2-gaf

My body is ready.

34 hours to go!

edit: wait, #sc2-gaf or #sc2gaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom