• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

Finally back after nearly three days of utter despair!
Just bought a new computer this Sunday, but the first mobo I got was dead...

Keikaku

ACE 1991 said:
Any tips for dealing with early ling harass in PvZ? Trying to 3 gate robo.
How early are we talking. With a 3 gate robo build I think you should be perfectly safe against everything except like a 6-8 pool.

Jeff-DSA

So the EMP range nerf sucks for trying to hit Infestors. I think that ended up being a ZvT buff more than a TvP nerf.

I think to address the fact that Ghosts murder Protoss, they could try a new HT ability. Make this expensive to cast, so it can't be done repeatedly in a battle, maybe once per HT. Have them cast an AOE support move that recharges shields quickly for units in the area. It wouldn't be an instant recharge, but a very fast one. Units would need to stay in the spot in order to recharge, but it would give them a fighting chance against Ghosts.

The reason it has to be expensive and just an AOE is that it could make blink play almost too powerful if you had some support HTs.

Don't know if it would work, but it seems like a fun idea.

Jeff-DSA

ultron87 said:
That'd be a Protoss buff against everything. And the best counter would still be Ghosts.

Doesn't Protoss need a general buff anyway? And yes, Ghosts would be the counter, but there would still be some hope for Protoss in large engagements.

ACE 1991 said:
Any tips for dealing with early ling harass in PvZ? Trying to 3 gate robo.
3-Gate Robo into expand? You usually have a good amount of sentries with this build. Force fields are pretty good against Zerglings. If you're not so faithful in your micro, just get some more Zealots and maybe delay your second gas, so you can still expand fairly early. Overall though, that's a build you need to do some pressure with, if you want to be on even footing with your Zerg opponent in the mid-game, or he'll just take an early third and drone up.

Zen

Banned
Destiny being coached by CombatEX on ZvP.
http://youtu.be/_SWWu9T9Wko?hd=1

Destiny/CombatEX have a great rapport, and it's great to listen how spot on CombatEX is about ZvP, hopefully he helps Destiny improve. Combat doesn't get much credit, because people don't want to give it to him based on past behavior, but he's a very cerebral player.

Also Hold out for when Destiny
starts BMing CombatEX style

CombatEX sounds like a proud father.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
combats a lot better than he gets credit for, that is true. his approach to PvZ has always been worth paying attention too.

WedgeX

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Its mlg brah

neogaf_dude.gif

ACE 1991

Newbie question: do you guys assign all your units that you plan to attack with to a single hotkey and then each unit type to it's own hotkey, or just the latter?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ACE 1991 said:
Newbie question: do you guys assign all your units that you plan to attack with to a single hotkey and then each unit type to it's own hotkey, or just the latter?
Depends. Newb level 1 hotkey is probably fine but eventually you want to use multiple hotkeys for your army. Some like to keep one for whole army and use separate ones from within that one for others.

I tend to keep air units on separate hotkeys. Still practicing on keeping shit like HTs on a separate hotkey and control well.

Striek

TBH most players, even most pros seem to have the main army on 1 and then 'special' units on 2 (HT, Mutas, infestors, Medivacs whatever). Its rare to watch a stream where a playing is rocking 3 control groups normally, notably HuK. But that doesn't mean you just 1a all the time. The better you get the more you manipulate your units outside of control groups.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Right now with my noob status I do the entire army on 3 and then Seige tanks on 2 so that I can move them in and out and seige them up more quickly.

Vaporak

ACE 1991 said:

Back a ways in the thread we all posted our hotkey setup and it turned out pretty diverse, but I think most people have one of their hotkeys as their whole army. I personally keep 5 hotkeys for my army and don't use any hotkey as a "whole army" hotkey.

Aylinato

Vaporak said:
Back a ways in the thread we all posted our hotkey setup and it turned out pretty diverse, but I think most people have one of their hotkeys as their whole army. I personally keep 5 hotkeys for my army and don't use any hotkey as a "whole army" hotkey.

1 main army(or if i want to separate my zealots, my zealots go in 1)

2 is casters

3 is other army(see part 2 of number 1)

4 gateways(or barracks/starport/factory)

5 nexus/hatch/CC/PF/OC

6 probe builder

7 cybercore for when i go air

8 stargates

9 spires, robo bays

0 forge, armory, engineer bay, evo chamber

MrKnives

Oh come one someone really doesn't want me to play SC2. First Dota 2 key, now D3 key, damn my luck.

Looking forward to MLG this weekend though ^^ I'm interested to see which Nestea will come to the event

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Found a list of War3 players for WCG

Really REALLY wish Grubby had tried to qualify, would have made it amazing

WE.GIGABYTE.Sky
Fly100%
TyLoo.TH000

Moon
PanDa.Lyn

yAwS
Empire.Hawk
eSahara.Cash
Nicker
Ct-Serry
eSahara.Sonik

Zen

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
So the EMP range nerf sucks for trying to hit Infestors. I think that ended up being a ZvT buff more than a TvP nerf.

I think to address the fact that Ghosts murder Protoss, they could try a new HT ability. Make this expensive to cast, so it can't be done repeatedly in a battle, maybe once per HT. Have them cast an AOE support move that recharges shields quickly for units in the area. It wouldn't be an instant recharge, but a very fast one. Units would need to stay in the spot in order to recharge, but it would give them a fighting chance against Ghosts.

The reason it has to be expensive and just an AOE is that it could make blink play almost too powerful if you had some support HTs.

Don't know if it would work, but it seems like a fun idea.

As soon as they announced the EMP nerf I knew it was going to be a nerf versus infestors more so than HT. Infestors are so big and fast that they're much harder to EMP than the smaller slower and far more clumpable HTs.

MrKnives said:
Oh come one someone really doesn't want me to play SC2. First Dota 2 key, now D3 key, damn my luck.

Looking forward to MLG this weekend though ^^ I'm interested to see which Nestea will come to the event

hey there girl, where are you going so fast?
stop right there.
I am looking for a spare DOTA 2 key.
You'll give me the key, and I will... I will thank you for giving me your key.

MrKnives

mescalineeyes said:
hey there girl, where are you going so fast?
stop right there.
I am looking for a spare DOTA 2 key.
You'll give me the key, and I will... I will thank you for giving me your key.

Sorry I don't have any :( I got invited with the first invites through raphier. He sent me one of his 2 extra keys so I didn't get a pair of keys to give away.
I'm lookig for some extra keys myself really. I want to invite my friend because we used to play Dota together all the time.
So sorry :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yay! I just got a buddy to buy this game! Will tell him the truth about races as soon as he installs it.

Deadman

I smile when i see gaffers' comments on other websites, like TL or reddit.

Or just now when i saw yoshi comment on combofiend vs fanatiq. <3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Deadman said:
I smile when i see gaffers' comments on other websites, like TL or reddit.

Or just now when i saw yoshi comment on combofiend vs fanatiq. <3
That's not me! It's clearly Yoshifraud, not Yoshichan :(

Yoshichan

Deadman said:
Someone stole the name yoshichangaf on youtube? lol how mean.
&#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hazaro said:
Hey, that is micro!
Not going to be happy until every single unit is microed from every player. At least early game PvP lends itself to that much more so we can see it some times.
Hey look haz is impressed....kinda.

Aylinato

Hazaro said:
Hey, that is micro!
Not going to be happy until every single unit is microed from every player. At least early game PvP lends itself to that much more so we can see it some times.
Your on a troll today

ACE 1991

Thanks for the responses about hotkeying, guys. From what I gather I should really be focusing on my macro game almost exclusively as a lowly bronze player. MOAR QUESTIONS: What should I be doing after I finish the 3 gate robo opening? Should I expand after getting that first colossus and continue massing gateway units/building more gateways and robotics facilities? Lastly, I still don't really know what I should even be doing with the expansion after the Nexus finishes in terms what buildings I should be making. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom