• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

Haunted said:
[13:16] == Haunted [bc6bfb63@gateway/web/freenode/ip.] has joined #sc2-gaf

My body is ready.

34 hours to go!

edit: wait, #sc2-gaf or #sc2gaf?
NO HIGHLIGHTS?

~oh nvm, webchat :<

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
terran horse is SEXY

Façade

Neo Member
Haunted said:
Why the hell are people in the sc2-gaf room I've never seen.

ksan I know, but who is the other guy!

Me :D One of the sole residents of the EUgaf battle.net channel, nobody plays on eu :/

Haunted

Façade said:
Me :D One of the sole residents of the EUgaf battle.net channel, nobody plays on eu :/
I salute you, sir.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Wait, there is an SC2GAF irc channel? What server?
We're just trying to find a place to talk about the first day of Providence. #sc2-gaf on Quakenet seems to be the meeting spot.

Haunted said:
New TL horse mascots, anyone?

ZxG7d.jpg

The Zerg one is fucking creepy.

it's shit like this why art directors are important. this is a mess. also, brown t-shirts are awful. no one (should) wear(s) that anymore. what are you, the UPS guy?

nilbog21

Banned
the zerg one is pretty fugly

Wish they would have made these into shirts:
sketch.jpg

steelsketch.jpg

might pick up the terran one, anyone know what brand shirts they print on?

ACE 1991

ACE 1991 said:
Thanks for the responses about hotkeying, guys. From what I gather I should really be focusing on my macro game almost exclusively as a lowly bronze player. MOAR QUESTIONS: What should I be doing after I finish the 3 gate robo opening? Should I expand after getting that first colossus and continue massing gateway units/building more gateways and robotics facilities? Lastly, I still don't really know what I should even be doing with the expansion after the Nexus finishes in terms what buildings I should be making. Thanks!

Just bumpin' for new page. Would love some help here! =)

ACE 1991 said:
Just bumpin' for new page. Would love some help here! =)

3 gate robo sounds like a terrible opening unless you are planning to go all-in.
I mean sure you can use it to practice getting confident at macroing one base, but in the future try to survive expanding a little earlier and surviving/scouting the enemy's first pushes.

ACE 1991

mescalineeyes said:
3 gate robo sounds like a terrible opening unless you are planning to go all-in.
I mean sure you can use it to practice getting confident at macroing one base, but in the future try to survive expanding a little earlier and surviving/scouting the enemy's first pushes.

Hmmm, I was under the impressions (according to Team Liquid) that 3 gate robo is one of the safer Protoss openings in any matchup... I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about, though.

Zzoram

ACE 1991 said:
Hmmm, I was under the impressions (according to Team Liquid) that 3 gate robo is one of the safer Protoss openings in any matchup... I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about, though.

3gate robo is safe against Protoss and Terran but awful against Zerg.

Against Zerg you either do a Forge fast expand (into 6gate/4gate+1stargate), or do a 3 gate sentry fast expand (into 6gate or 4gate+robo).

the TL shirts look ridiculous. why would anybody over 18 want to walk around with a giant horse head on their shirt.

they need something that isn't so loud, not everybody wheres heavy metal band t-shirts.

V_Arnold

finalboss2 said:
the TL shirts look ridiculous. why would anybody over 18 want to walk around with a giant horse head on their shirt.

they need something that isn't so loud, not everybody wheres heavy metal band t-shirts.

If you have issues with that (are you Hugoboss21? Oo), then you kinda need to man up :D
A horse head is not neccessrarily a symbol of being a heavy-metal lover or a child. Chess? :p

V_Arnold said:
If you have issues with that (are you Hugoboss21? Oo), then you kinda need to man up :D
A horse head is not neccessrarily a symbol of being a heavy-metal lover or a child. Chess? :p

anyone out of college should be embarassed to wear any of those.

that, or has no taste.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
mescalineeyes said:
anyone out of college should be embarassed to wear any of those.

that, or has no taste.
And yet people still buy EGs fugly team shirt. Not like many people are going to be wearing these out on the street.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
interview with BW progamer/former progamer Hiya

DE=There is speculation that you may transfer to Starcraft 2.
Hiya=It would be a lie if I said I hadn't thought about it. After Hwaseung disbanded, I tried SC2 at home for a week. I hit diamond very easily. I thought it might be possible, but then I played against fOrGG who recently switched to SC2, and I got absolutely demolished. He was off-racing as Zerg at that, so I gave up right then and there. I am planning to join the military rather than to play SC2.

Dooraven

That Crank build was actually really really awesome, It seems like a perfect counter to the super early 3 base drone drone drone because protoss can't do anything after FFE stuff.

Millennium are being super super unprofessional here.

Mairu

Dooraven said:
That Crank build was actually really really awesome, It seems like a perfect counter to the super early 3 base drone drone drone because protoss can't do anything after FFE stuff.

Millennium are being super super unprofessional here.
I had planned on watching despite IPL casters but I forgot about the time. I didn't bother watching after the first 4 games had been played but I see they just forfeit the last game anyways. Why did they play Stephano first?

edit: Also, where did SlayerSCrank come from?! He just started playing in the ESV weeklys in like the past week or two and he's done extremely well. I hope he qualifies for Code A next season :O

Hazaro said:
How did he lose to drewbie
No clue! Who watches NASL? :p
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=286381
I like the French apologists that pop up every time Stephano loses.

Haunted

Reading that Hiya SC2 answer, I want to make a quip about skill ceilings and the prodigal ability all BW progamers are supposed to have... but I won't. Maybe forGG is just that good that he makes other BW pros lose hope. :p His next match in Code A Ro32 is against Polt, I'm looking forward to that.

Pandaman said:
thisiswhatprotossplayersactuallybelieve
Zen said:
Thisiswhatzergplayersactuallybelieve
At least we can all agree that Terran is the best race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom