• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BigAT said:
We live in this weird, futuristic generation called the 2010s where TeamSpeak hasn't been relevant for 10 years. Your keyboard has finally joined us in this timeline, why not have the rest of your computer come as well?
My keyboard and my everything else if I may so myself.
ksan said:
yes :mad:(((((
And that IMMEDIATELY puts you on my ignore list :mad:

*Puts you in my List Full of ♥♥♥'s

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zoukka said:
Skype is where it's at.
Yeah... until I got my mechanical and everyone heard absolutely everything I was pressing ._.

ksan

Yoshichan said:
Yeah... until I got my mechanical and everyone heard absolutely everything I was pressing ._.
More like you mean you became too awesome to use skype!

I'm using skype right now cause my friend who's hosting our vent is out of the country :(

To be honest, I don't like skype cause everyone with shit microphones ruins it pretty much.

Yoshichan

:( How did we end up talking about this anyway?

Oh right, I was asking SOMEONE to join my TS-channel as I've been alone in here for the past 5 hours :( No likey Yoshichan?

ACE 1991

I think I'm finally starting to "get" this game a teensy bit more. My problem with this game is whenever I try to get into it, I end up getting overwhelmed and sort of give up. (Yes, this makes me a weak person.) Anyways, I posted a thread on Reddit about the best way to start my SC2 journey as a protoss and it was suggested that I learn the infamous 4 gate. I practiced the build order all yesterday (About 15 matches against easy AI to get timings down) and just tried it in one of my placement matches which I won quite handily. Some satisfying shit right there, I can see what keeps you guys coming back.

Yoshichan

ACE 1991 said:
I think I'm finally starting to "get" this game a teensy bit more. My problem with this game is whenever I try to get into it, I end up getting overwhelmed and sort of give up. (Yes, this makes me a weak person.) Anyways, I posted a thread on Reddit about the best way to start my SC2 journey as a protoss and it was suggested that I learn the infamous 4 gate. I practiced the build order all yesterday (About 15 matches against easy AI to get timings down) and tried it one of my placement matches which I won quite handily. Some satisfying shit right there, I can see what keeps you guys coming back.
Yep, you've now learned 4gate. Enjoy going all the way to Masters, bro. And I'm not even kidding, that's the sad part.

Come at me, sis!

ksan

btw yoshi, why are you never in the gaf channel, or don't you play EU?

then again I haven't played sc2 in over a month, workworkwork, but I have three weeks vacation now

ACE 1991

Yoshichan said:
Yep, you've now learned 4gate. Enjoy going all the way to Masters, bro. And I'm not even kidding, that's the sad part.

Come at me, sis!

Now you're making me feel bad!

I kid, I'm aware of how overused the 4 gate is.

Yoshichan

ACE 1991 said:
Now you're making me feel bad!

I kid, I'm aware of how overused the 4 gate is.
Don't worry, there's at least ONE toss in here that likes you :D
ksan said:
btw yoshi, why are you never in the gaf channel, or don't you play EU?

then again I haven't played sc2 in over a month, workworkwork, but I have three weeks vacation now
I don't like the EU GAF channel :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
*elcheris playing terran*
*cheese him every time so he goes back to zerg*
hehehe, you cant escape the swaaaaaaaaaaaaarm!

Jasonng, did you try running the audio wizard again in mumble?

EDIT: I really like how close MC and HuK are. It makes the rivalry between them so enjoyable.

Holden

Awesome Animals said:
Jasonng, did you try running the audio wizard again in mumble?

EDIT: I really like how close MC and HuK are. It makes the rivalry between them so enjoyable.

ya, but imo huk and mc are only winning cause moslty what they play are pvz and pvp. PvP is just a 4 gate fest and PvZ is kinda retarded where u can just mass up blink stalker and basicly win vs anything but infestors ( even beat infestor if you have a good timming ). I dont think either mc nor huk can play somebody good at tvp ( puma , bomber )

i relly hope bomber wins GSL, he is 15-2 in TvP :D, but his game vs destiny made me kinda sad ;/

edit: at dreamhack, if his TvZ was better and could of beated Moon, i think he would of crushed Huk

Hugoboss21 said:
ya, but imo huk and mc are only winning cause moslty what they play are pvz and pvp. PvP is just a 4 gate fest and PvZ is kinda retarded where u can just mass up blink stalker and basicly win vs anything but infestors ( even beat infestor if you have a good timming ). I dont think either mc nor huk can play somebody good at tvp ( puma , bomber )

I really don't understand this considering how close MC and Puma were at the NASL finals. I won't comment on huk but MC has definitely showed he can compete with the best of any race.

Also it's not like MC just masses blink stalkers in PvZ. In fact in the series against sen he was doing lots of void/phoenix play.

As for PvP everyone faces the same situation and MC is the one who comes out on top. He can only beat what he is faced with. Also at least recently PvP hasn't just been 4-gate.

Glueball

Neo Member
AdventureRacing said:
I really don't understand this considering how close MC and Puma were at the NASL finals. I won't comment on huk but MC has definitely showed he can compete with the best of any race.

Also it's not like MC just masses blink stalkers in PvZ. In fact in the series against sen he was doing lots of void/phoenix play.

As for PvP everyone faces the same situation and MC is the one who comes out on top. He can only beat what he is faced with. Also at least recently PvP hasn't just been 4-gate.

Pretty much how I feel too. MC's PvT looked absolutely top notch when he was playing Puma - if he hadn't gone (basically) all-in on that game 7 and played more standard I think he could've pulled the comeback.

Holden

AdventureRacing said:

I wouldn't consider puma as "the best of any race" he's relly good sert. But i think he's playing in a team that i would consider mediocre team since fruitdealer + trickster left. I think if he was in a better team like startale, he would of dominated MC

Ya, for the blink stalkers i was moslty talking about Huk oblilerating Idra on crevasse

meh, oGs has a good (not in my opinion) team of protoss's ( huk, mc, inca ). I guess they should be winning PvP. And ya PvP is still moslty 4gate, whenever huk streams he does like 4gate all the time and he says its the best build on PvP but ya on certain maps players can hold a 4-gate easier then tech up and win but on certain maps you pretty much cant ( taldarim, scrap station, crevasse )

Hugoboss21 said:
I wouldn't consider puma as "the best of any race" he's relly good sert. But i think he's playing in a team that i would consider mediocre team since fruitdealer + trickster left. I think if he was in a better team like startale, he would of dominated MC

Ya, for the blink stalkers i was moslty talking about Huk oblilerating Idra on crevasse

meh, oGs has a good (not in my opinion) team of protoss's ( huk, mc, inca ). I guess they should be winning PvP. And ya PvP is still moslty 4gate, whenever huk streams he does like 4gate all the time and he says its the best build on PvP but ya on certain maps players can hold a 4-gate easier then tech up and win but on certain maps you pretty much cant ( taldarim, scrap station, crevasse )

I was just commenting on the Gamesmanship :/

Hugoboss21 said:

I think puma has shown that he is one of the best terrans around at the moment. MC has also had competitive matches with marineking and bomber.

As for the thing about his team. Fruitdealer has sucked pretty much since season 2 and trickster hasn't done much of note either. I don't think they're the best team but they're certainly not the worst.

I also don't really think OGS is as good as you're making out. They underperform every team league and if you take out MC they suddenly don't look like such a good team.

The discussion is kinda an aside anyway. It's like me saying that if dong rae gu was on slayers he would have won a bunch of GSL's by now. It's all hypothetical and we can only discuss actual performances.

Hugoboss21 said:

Fair enough, i was really only concentrating on MC.

Hugoboss21 said:

I don't play protoss so i can only talk about what i've seen but in the GSL there definitely seems to be plenty of pvp matches that aren't just 4 gate.

I'm still not sure where i rate MC but surely he has done enough to be considered amongst the top players.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Is there some sort of meme Im missing where you say X player is Day9's smurf account? I get that from time to time on my stream and sometimes I see it on others.

jersoc

wooo. good milestone today imo. 50 wins and I got my win 5 in a row achievement too.

also infested terror and raining blood all in one game hahaha. the dude left right after that.

Corran Horn said:
Is there some sort of meme Im missing where you say X player is Day9's smurf account? I get that from time to time on my stream and sometimes I see it on others.
It's been like that for a while on Huk's stream, not sure if it started there.

Q8D3vil

am i the only one who think major was behaving really well after he joined sixjax ? i thought he was better. well, we can't have it all.

Holden

AdventureRacing said:
I think puma has shown that he is one of the best terrans around at the moment. MC has also had competitive matches with marineking and bomber.

As for the thing about his team. Fruitdealer has sucked pretty much since season 2 and trickster hasn't done much of note either. I don't think they're the best team but they're certainly not the worst.

I also don't really think OGS is as good as you're making out. They underperform every team league and if you take out MC they suddenly don't look like such a good team.

The discussion is kinda an aside anyway. It's like me saying that if dong rae gu was on slayers he would have won a bunch of GSL's by now. It's all hypothetical and we can only discuss actual performances.

Ya, puma might have the one of the best TvP, marineking euhhhh, marineking is doing relly poorly atm, hes 0-10 in his last games and bomber hasn't relly played vs mc much, he won a bo3 and lost a b01 that isn't many games, thats why i hope both players will be in finals to get a good bo7

Hmm, i would consider TSL as the worst korean team atm imo (actually MVP ;/ ).
and i think oGs would still be a good team if mc wasn't there, im pretty sure they have the most Code S players

dongraegu is doing bad in GSL he sayed he's relly nervous.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I dont know why but Im replaying the single player for the 10th time. This time on casual...and skipping all story bits...

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
Ya, puma might have the one of the best TvP, marineking euhhhh, marineking is doing relly poorly atm, hes 0-10 in his last games and bomber hasn't relly played vs mc much, he won a bo3 and lost a b01 that isn't many games, thats why i hope both players will be in finals to get a good bo7

and i think oGs would still be a good team if mc wasn't there, im pretty sure they have the most Code S players

i think the worst korean team is probably Prime.
MKP didn't do well in gsl but he's doing very well in online tournaments (winning 3 online tournaments in the same day).
oGs suffer from inconsistency, you see all of their player dominate in the code s group stage then start falling in the next round.

i thought tsl was the worst team in korea, but they still have few good players in their sleeve (very strong in the GSTL so far).

Holden

ya i think slayers is gonna dominate the gsl, or startale. I hope ;/

and i heard slayers does the hardcore training ( 10 - 14 hours per day ). Dunno about startale.

Mairu

Hugoboss21 said:

When TSL makes it to the playoffs and MVP is back in the finals for GSTL I'll come back here to laugh at this post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom