• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=245003

said "holyshit" when I saw this thread, this is big!

fOu is now FXO.

FXO will provide money to FXOKorea monthly, and will also provide flight/hotel fees for foreign tournaments, and they will also be able to practice in the malaysia practice house. fOU will be wearing FXO's uniform starting Week 6 of GSTL, and depending on record they will even be able to get a salary.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
can't believe i just won two games with cloak banshee (after scouting).
i love greedy toss :D
nice!

HolyCheck

MrKnives said:
FXOBoss figures he can't get FXO as good as the koreans so he just buys them? That guy must have some serious cash behind him.
Congrats to them though.

Yeah that's totally what went down. *roll eye emoticon*

MrKnives

HolyCheck said:
Yeah that's totally what went down. *roll eye emoticon*

I know fou was the one to suggest it at first but I wouldn't put it passed the FXOBoss to just think how of a great opportunity it is to actually get some players who can play the game.
No offence to FXO but only good players they have is Qxc and Sheth. The others haven't showed much in GSTL or anywhere else for that matter.
At least when I compare them to teams like Dignitas.

It wasn't really a negative comment. It was a joke that easily could have some truth behind it.

HolyCheck

MrKnives said:
I know fou was the one to suggest it at first but I wouldn't put it passed the FXOBoss to just think how of a great opportunity it is to actually get some players who can play the game.
No offence to FXO but only good players they have is Qxc and Sheth. The others haven't showed much in GSTL or anywhere else for that matter.

+ Moonglade

ah ok, saw the junior tag, assumed you were a dick :p

MrKnives said:

It wasn't really a negative comment. It was a joke that easily could have some truth behind it.
it has a lot of truth behind it

This is FXOBoss
123.gif

MrKnives

HolyCheck said:
+ Moonglade

ah ok, saw the junior tag, assumed you were a dick :p

Forgot Moonglade, but tbh I haven't seen him play that much and when I do he loses. His GSL Code A run was kinda sad.
Maybe not fair to compare them to Dignitas but with the money FXOBoss puts into the team, I'm surprised he even has a "second rate team".

I don't want anyone think I'm a dick so I'm glad if you changed your opinion on me :D It's just how I feel. I do like Qxc and Sheth though.

V_Arnold

I do not think that Sheth is too good. Idra is still a lot better, imho.

And I like what FXO does, it seems like a perfect opportunity for their (somewhat mediocre) players to get the proper amount of inhouse practice against koreans.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
So FXO has bought fou? What does this mean for the team league? Will they just continue on as separate teams?
they only have 1 game left and they are not making it to the play offs.
f.united and fxo in korea is probably a 1 time thing.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
Damn, I'm sad :(

Up&Down groups were announnced:

http://img.gomtv.net/imgdata/32230.png[/IG]

I like FD and have faith in him but if he wants to get out of that group he will have to play best series of his life.
At least he can only practice vT (if he is even going to practice)[/QUOTE]
i think this thread is supposed to be gsl spoiler free :/

anyway, time for FD to fall.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
i think this thread is supposed to be gsl spoiler free :/

anyway, time for FD to fall.

Sorry, I edited it.
How can anyone want FD to fail? (don't know if you meant it like that)
He is a lovable guy and I wish he would start performing again. Pretty much every zerg in Code S beyond Nestea and Losira are these faceless characters that people don't really even care if they perform or not.
At least FD has a personality.

MrKnives

mescalineeyes said:
A drinking problem a personality does not make ;)

That too but he has such a more interesting story behind him than lets say players like CoCa.
First GSL champion. Was the hero zerg when nobody though you could win anything as zerg + (drinking problem) + hair always looks great. Just in general a beta hero that players looked up to.
I'm not saying he should get some free byes but I would cheer for him over other zergs anytime.

I find people like DongRaeGu who actually do great things in the game more interesting.

I am not saying I wouldn't cheer for FD but he has to pull his shit together.

MrKnives

mescalineeyes said:
I find people like DongRaeGu who actually do great things in the game more interesting.

I am not saying I wouldn't cheer for FD but he has to pull his shit together.

That's what I'm saying too!
I mean I like DRG as much as the next guy but I'm talking about Code S now. DRG is awesome.
What comes to FD I just want him to play better and perfrom. I dont want to cheer for him just because of his past performance, now it's just only thing there is left.
Also lets be honest, DRG's only achievement is not letting his team lose miserably to an all-kill every GSTL.
I wish he would come to Code S too.

My only hope is that this team change has actually done something. I dont know why would he change from a team that he and Tester created for another one if they just want to chill.

Tntnnbltn

I converted one of my friends to SC2. :D

I helped her play through some of the campaign (going through hotkeys, controls, reminding her to build units every 10 seconds or so). Went through about 5 levels on Normal mode. Showed her tourny stuff afterwards... MMA vs Losira G1 MLG finals, the idra vs MMA rage quit, the idra vs Huk rage quit, the idra vs Cruncher smiley face :)

Now she's going to get the game for herself and watch MLG this next weekend. :D :D

zlatko

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
I converted one of my friends to SC2. :D

I helped her play through some of the campaign (going through hotkeys, controls, reminding her to build units every 10 seconds or so). Went through about 5 levels on Normal mode. Showed her tourny stuff afterwards... MMA vs Losira G1 MLG finals, the idra vs MMA rage quit, the idra vs Huk rage quit, the idra vs Cruncher smiley face :)

Now she's going to get the game for herself and watch MLG this weekend. :D :D

Isn't MLG NEXT weekend, and not this coming one? 29-31st is Evo and people were saying that MLG falls same weekend as Evo, so...

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
Isn't MLG NEXT weekend, and not this coming one? 29-31st is Evo and people were saying that MLG falls same weekend as Evo, so...
yeah i think its next weekend too.

EVo what, SC2 > everything.

zlatko

Banned
Q8D3vil said:

Nopers. EVO is once a year and this year has the biggest name of killers I've ever seen from all over the world attending AND the stream is being done by TeamSpooky/Iplaywinner. There will also be developer panels going on, and more than likely some sweet new reveals about upcoming fighting games I'm interested in. Oh, and the archives for past Evo's are pretty non-existent where as MLG just puts up VODs damn near right away.

Now if it was Blizzcon with GSL grand finals in October, THEN I'd have to try and go back 50-50 the day of the Con.

ultron87

Is MLG doing another dual stream set up for Anaheim?

Will I have to have 2 MLG streams and an Evo stream open at the same time?

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
Nopers. EVO is once a year and this year has the biggest name of killers I've ever seen from all over the world attending AND the stream is being done by TeamSpooky/Iplaywinner. There will also be developer panels going on, and more than likely some sweet new reveals about upcoming fighting games I'm interested in. Oh, and the archives for past Evo's are pretty non-existent where as MLG just puts up VODs damn near right away.

Now if it was Blizzcon with GSL grand finals in October, THEN I'd have to try and go back 50-50 the day of the Con.
meh, i gave up on fighting games when i got tired of their shit patching system.

"wanna play more balance game ? go buy the new version"

Sc2 for life

Jeff-DSA

ultron87 said:
Is MLG doing another dual stream set up for Anaheim?

Will I have to have 2 MLG streams and an Evo stream open at the same time?

Yep, two streams again. I bring my Xoom to work and have it streaming one and my phone streaming the other. It's pretty shameless, but oh well.

Q8D3vil said:

EVO only comes once a year while this is one of many MLGs this year, I will try to watch both as much as I can, but I'm gonna give the priority to EVO

I'm only interested in AE & MvC3, so hopefully that will give me more time to watch SC while they're playing some other game.

TheThunder said:
EVO only comes once a year while this is one of many MLGs this year, I will try to watch both as much as I can, but I'm gonna give the priority to EVO

I'm only interested in AE & MvC3, so hopefully that will give me more time to watch SC while they're playing some other game.

All this EVO talk has me thinking that I'll need to check out the EVO stream. Is it free to watch?

zlatko

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
meh, i gave up on fighting games when i got tired of their shit patching system.

"wanna play more balance game ? go buy the new version"

Sc2 for life

*shrug* Not all fighting games have taken that route, and really what does a companies policies of patching have to do with fighting pros play it? I mean, if it entertains you then give it some love. One of Gaf's own Haunts, is the boss of Iplaywinner.com who will be helping do all the streaming, so you can help support a Gaffer along the way. :)

I'm interested to watch every game being played at Evo this year, even though I myself only play SSF4AE right now, but I have spent time with everything people will be playing there, so I know the ins and outs of everything to know what's going on screen and the lingo from commentators.

I think I'd be more 50-50ing it or trying to watch some SC2 from MLG IF EVO had VODs, but sadly you only ever find things like grand finals for games up on youtube from it, so it's be there/watch it or miss out on insane amounts of hype.

ultron87

Awesome Animals said:
All this EVO talk has me thinking that I'll need to check out the EVO stream. Is it free to watch?

Yeah, it's free.

Fighting game streams are an entertaining counterpoint to Starcraft because everything is so comparatively informal.

Also, you can know next to nothing about the game and you still have a nice big health bar at the top of the screen to let you know who is winning.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Everything I've seen of the fighting game community makes me glad I give no shits about it.

zlatko

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
in the end daigo will come and steal cat.... white dudes money :)

He has the highest probability of winning SSF4AE, but every other game being played that weekend is a mystery and a toss up. Plus, if Daigo loses the blow up will be through the roof. I hope it's some random Hakan oiling him up and putting him down. :D

Anyways, most of us should try to give both love as a lot of even pro/big names in the SC2 community give love back to the fighting game community and vice versa. Lot of love back and forth, and I'll do my best to slip into MLG hopefully when something like SF2Turbo is on stream for Evo. :p

Edit: @Jeff. LMAO! Fucking SCUMBAG! STICKS WILL FLY AT THIS LOCATION! :( How can you get mad at the Juicebox dance?

You ever see the scumbag interview and pop off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMCVx50cIuY&feature=related

"He guess right 100% of the time and wins."

zoukka

TLO is not the best player out there by any means, but he's the only motherfucker who nukes a toss nat 10 minutes into the game and microes his medivac marauders and ghosts at the same time against colossi and zealots XDDD

And wins.

zlatko

Banned
Deadman said:
Avril lavigne is now playing.

TLO officially best player ever.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that he IS the best Terran player. All other Terrans are playing SC2 while he's playing SC4 with the ridiculous shit he does. <3 <3 <3 I'll bet my left nut if he didn't have carpo and he was in Jinro's spot over in Korea he'd be insane. It did wonders for Huk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom