• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
ultron87 said:
Yeah, it's free.

Fighting game streams are an entertaining counterpoint to Starcraft because everything is so comparatively informal.

Also, you can know next to nothing about the game and you still have a nice big health bar at the top of the screen to let you know who is winning.
This is one of the things that I love about the fighting game scene. It's informal and "un"professional in contrast to Starcraft and any other competitive PC video game scene that you get something totally different from watching the shit talking and the salty tears.

Hope that aspect never changes or as Seth Killian put it "I love the ability to smell your opponent"

profit

Dear Blizzard: please make Terran buildings not lifteable in bronze ladder games.

Signed;
a Terran player who is sick and tired of 40 minute games where I am chasing a commandcenter hidden in the outmost corner of the map

profit said:
Dear Blizzard: please make Terran buildings not lifteable in bronze ladder games.

Signed;
a Terran player who is sick and tired of 40 minute games where I am chasing a commandcenter hidden in the outmost corner of the map

Oh how I don't miss bronze.

profit said:

Signed;
Haha love doing that if someone cheese me. One match the other day I spent 10k on planetary fortresses and turrets after my team mate left.

Tntnnbltn

Blizzard should make lifted CCs not count towards hiding your buildings. If you lift your only CC, you should have X seconds to land it or build a new one before you are revealed.

BigAT

profit said:

Signed;
You can't pump out Vikings at the end of a 40 minute game? Send one to each corner of the map, problem solved. It's slightly annoying, but it really shouldn't take more than 3-4 minutes of your time to take care of.

ultron87

That's important lecture time when you get to talk to Timmy the Bronze Terran about the importance of knowing when you've lost while your vikings scour the map.

And remember the most humiliating way to eliminate a Terran. Leave an add-on alive at the very end and then land a barracks on it.

profit

BigAT said:
You can't pump out Vikings at the end of a 40 minute game? Send one to each corner of the map, problem solved. It's slightly annoying, but it really shouldn't take more than 3-4 minutes of your time to take care of.
Yeah I did it at the end, but I've had it happen to me so often it just gets annoying. I thought he was going to lift up and keep mining somewhere else so I kept patrolling around the map. It was at the end I thought of making vikings and scout the corners of the map. Felt really stupid and annoyed.

Guess that teaches me for sucking and still being in bronze -_-
If anyone from EU would like a few games just add Profit, code 294.

Mairu

The amount of money FXO spends seems totally ridiculous in comparison to any other team. From their beginnings in poaching players like Sheth and QXC, creating that ridiculous "team house" in Malaysia, sending all their players to live in Korea for a month and now out-right buying fOu? I wasn't really a fan of fOu outside of sC but that's pretty crazy.

MrKnives

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/KIMSUNGJE

Rainbow's stream. Some girl playing 2v2 but played 1v1 too. She is masters on korea server.
I don't know why he doesn't have more viewers. His stream is awesome and good terran streams are hard to find.

(Now he has a good number of viewers but it's probably because it's she and not he) :p
Also damn the man plays. He is always streaming.

Edit: It's his gf.

berg ark said:
I love Starcraft 2, but... this BW tribute really gives me the nerd chills.

Hazaro, this is for you.

I don't know if you remember this but to me it's still the best intro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unMXYC8byT4

Accidentus

Neo Member
Mairu said:
The amount of money FXO spends seems totally ridiculous in comparison to any other team. From their beginnings in poaching players like Sheth and QXC, creating that ridiculous "team house" in Malaysia, sending all their players to live in Korea for a month and now out-right buying fOu? I wasn't really a fan of fOu outside of sC but that's pretty crazy.
They spend a ridiculous amount and still suck. I wonder if their manager would have sent them out there if he knew they were going to get embarrassed as bad as they have been. Getting all killed by unknown Code B's. I guess if you can't buy foreigners just buy Koreans.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/KIMSUNGJE

Rainbow's stream. Some girl playing 2v2 but played 1v1 too. She is masters on korea server.
I don't know why he doesn't have more viewers. His stream is awesome and good terran streams are hard to find.

(Now he has a good number of viewers but it's probably because it's she and not he) :p
Also damn the man plays. He is always streaming.

Edit: It's his gf.

I don't know if you remember this but to me it's still the best intro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unMXYC8byT4
i don't think i've seen a terran streamer hit 5k :/
well, they have time to build up viewers.
his gf is hot :X

MrKnives

Accidentus said:
They spend a ridiculous amount and still suck. I wonder if their manager would have sent them out there if he knew they were going to get embarrassed as bad as they have been. Getting all killed by unknown Code B's. I guess if you can't buy foreigners just buy Koreans.

Korean Code B has some freaking great players like DRG, Sage, etc but I agree. Only thing that comes to mind is that he came kinda late so maybe he doesn't want to burn bridges by buying off players from other teams. Most good players are already on a team.

Q8D3vil said:
i don't think i've seen a terran streamer hit 5k :/
well, they have time to build up viewers.
his gf is hot :X

TLO today had like 7k. But yea normally they don't get that much :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Accidentus said:
I remember reading that they were not expecting much but hoped their team would gain alot of experience while there.

Trasher

Sorry if it's already been asked or mentioned, but have any of you had trouble getting on Mumble as of last night? It won't let me connect anymore. Someone said it was due to the DNS being down and that you need the IP in order to connect now. Any help?

MrKnives

Corran Horn said:
People need to get his name right. Its HopeTorture now!

In his description it says

"I am Kim Sung Je, aka StarTale_Rainbow (formally known as HopeTorture)."

He needs to change that to

"I am Kim Sung Je, aka StarTale_HopeTorture (formally known as Rainbow), [formally known as HopeTorture]."

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Trasher said:
Sorry if it's already been asked or mentioned, but have any of you had trouble getting on Mumble as of last night? It won't let me connect anymore. Someone said it was due to the DNS being down and that you need the IP in order to connect now. Any help?
I connected just now. Shrug. Server has been iffy lately. But there is always the backup server Iguess.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Trasher said:

Working fine for me atm.

Deadman

I played some games as protoss and won things i really didnt deserve. I feel dirty.

A 4 base zerg vs 2 base me praised my storms as i killed him, that really hurt.

Haunted

Mairu said:
I've asked this a couple times at various places now, but no one seems to know - how big of a company is FXOpen? Revenue? Profit? Size? War Chest? They're based in Asia and not publicly traded so you don't find the company info easily available.

As far as I'm aware, both the head honcho and the #2 guy (FXOBoss) are multi-millionaires in the double digits, so there might be plenty of money to go around still.

And fuck, you have some Russian or Arab noveau riche pump a billion or two into random English football clubs, compared to that buying an SC2 team (or all of them, really) would be pocket money. :p

Haunted said:
I've asked this a couple times at various places now, but no one seems to know - how big of a company is FXOpen? Revenue? Profit? Size? War Chest? They're based in Asia and not publicly traded so you don't find the company info easily available.

As far as I'm aware, both the head honcho and the #2 guy (FXOBoss) are multi-millionaires in the double digits, so there might be plenty of money to go around still.

And fuck, you have some Russian or Arab noveau riche pump a billion or two into random English football clubs, compared to that buying an SC2 team (or all of them, really) would be pocket money. :p

Well, especially since they're in Asia, I'm sure it is great marketing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Haunted said:

i say we get q3devils oil money to sponsor team gaf.

clav

I will first say that I'm not a great player myself as I'm still learning.

Your SCV count was never higher than the 40s on 3-4 base. I'm still learning to constantly select my CC/Nexus/Hatchery and press S/E/SD in intervals. While you did drop harass, his SCV count was always higher than yours for the entire game by quite a margin.

It was good that you started producing more barracks once your expos were kicking in high gear. However, your opponent did max out before you did. He just made some silly mistakes like walking into a 9 siege tank wall with marines and thors and forgot to macro after losing that large chunk of his army. He was floating in minerals the entire game.

You kept up on upgrades for your marines, so they became super marines by the end of the game. I guess your 3rd expo was a little late, but I'm still iffy when to take those as I try to take one at the 10-12 minute marks (earlier if Z, 7-9 minute).

:lol I have a saying to make myself feel better about losses. If my miner count is higher than my opponent's, then at least I know how to macro.

clav

On a side note, from Day[9]'s series of Steal This Build, I took some notes from LiquidTyler's PvP.

I'll share it with you guys since well, you guys are GAFers. :D

From Day[9]'s Steal This Build series Liquid Tyler's PvP: http://youtu.be/GPkf4VBRS9w

PvP build by Day[9] (before warp gate patch)

Build order:

9 probe chrono
10 pylon gate
-no chrono boost-
11 assimilator
12 probe chrono
--NO MORE CHRONO BOOST PROBES--
15 cyber (2:30)
16 pylon
18 chrono stalker, chrono warp
20 second assimilator, probe
22 chrono cyber, robotics facility, zealot
24 pylon, gateway, immortal, chrono warp
--NO MORE PROBES--
28 sentry, sentry, chrono immortal
38 pylon, sentry, zealot or sentry
--MAKE PROBES AGAIN--
Make Obs

If push is happening, continue making sentry/immortal/zealots as needed.

Follow ups:
Early Expand after 2 immortals
Early Expand with blink
No expand with blink upgrade
Add More gateways
*Favorite* 2 Colossus no range upgrade with zealot

Scouting: after cyber placement. Be careful 4:15 enemy stalker comes out.
Sentries immortal hold off.

NOTE: BUILD ONLY WORKS ON MAP HAS RAMP BECAUSE FF IMMORTAL TO HOLD OFF RUSH

-------------

1.3.4 Patch Warp Gate Nerf LiquidTyler version

Tyler: 15-16 Chrono probes
only chrono boosts stalker, not on warp

6:00 4 warpgate happens.
If 6:18? 6:45? don't make additional sentries. make stalkers instead.

3 warpgate push if you want (make another gateway)

push at 7:00 with obs if nothing's happening and especially if opponent takes expo

WedgeX

Banned
claviertekky said:
I will first say that I'm not a great player myself as I'm still learning.

Your SCV count was never higher than the 40s on 3-4 base. I'm still learning to constantly select my CC/Nexus/Hatchery and press S/E/SD in intervals. While you did drop harass, his SCV count was always higher than yours for the entire game by quite a margin.

It was good that you started producing more barracks once your expos were kicking in high gear. However, your opponent did max out before you did. He just made some silly mistakes like walking into a 9 siege tank wall with marines and thors and forgot to macro after losing that large chunk of his army. He was floating in minerals the entire game.

You kept up on upgrades for your marines, so they became super marines by the end of the game. I guess your 3rd expo was a little late, but I'm still iffy when to take those as I try to take one at the 10-12 minute marks (earlier if Z, 7-9 minute).

:lol I have a saying to make myself feel better about losses. If my miner count is higher than my opponent's, then at least I know how to macro.

Thanks! My scv production is a constant "why did I stop pressing 4sssssss?" Good to know on the third timing, that is something I definitely did not know.

And his walk into my siege line felt glorious.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If anyone is watching the ICCUP stream, how did Curious get red banelings? I've never seen that before.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Aylinato said:
I'd playif I had internet. I am so..I don't know what to do without the Internet

i'm in the same boat, how longs it been for you? been since about the 20th of june for me :( still waiting on my new connection sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom