• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
its all sarcasm until someone uses it to change a dt/observer/cloaked banshee texture into a rotating neon rainbow.
Future Banshees?
NyanCatTherapy_2.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
to be clear, i mean the texture for enemy cloaked units when you dont have detection. this program can make it easy to see cloaked units coming a mile away.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
to be clear, i mean the texture for enemy cloaked units when you dont have detection. this program can make it easy to see cloaked units coming a mile away.
So future banshee will be this then?
rainbow_dash_3_vector_by_nightmaremoons-d3hbwhn.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yes, which wouldnt be an obvioud problem what with observers having a speed upgrade and banshee dps being so high, but dt's are the earth ponies of the cloaked unit world and that shit aint rainbow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stronger team color = Interesting... I'm interested.

Q8D3vil

apparently when i crush a player in their season placement match they go to master league :| (he was diamond in the season 1).
wtf blizzard :mad:

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
apparently when i crush a player in their season placement match they go to master league :| (he was diamond in the season 1).
?

someone did their season placement two weeks into the ladder lock?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
the fuck ahhaha

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
?

yeah, can you believe that :/
and they got into masters after playing me ffs :/
blizzard ladder system is broken.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:

Maybe not. The system doesn't look just the last match. Maybe last season and while the last ladder lock he played very well and got his MMR to masters and now even though he lost, his MMR was still masters level.
You were merely just a stepping stone for him, a formality before he was going to be placed there anyways.
The one placement thing was mostly implemented to weed out inactive players. Not to severely affect MMR.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:

im pretty sure i lost my game and got promoted to masters but i was like top 200 diamond. with like 3500 points.

MrKnives

mescalineeyes said:
I beat almost every Masters League level player I am put up against only to lose to dumb 1 basing Diamond allins.

forever diamond.

Are you still Terranizing or back to swarming?

Edit: Posted too soon.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
Maybe not. The system doesn't look just the last match. Maybe last season and while the last ladder lock he played very well and got his MMR to masters and now even though he lost, his MMR was still masters level.
You were merely just a stepping stone for him, a formality before he was going to be placed there anyways.
The one placement thing was mostly implemented to weed out inactive players. Not to severely affect MMR.
yeah, except the placement match should determine if you are worthy or not.
the guy i played probably belong in platinum (he tried forge fe in tvp lol).

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:

The first 5 are supposed to place you somewhere close to your skill but this new season one placement thing is only to weed out the inactive players. I think blizzard even said it themselves.
To me it would be kinda silly otherwise. If he went 20-10 against Masters before and now he lost his one placement match because of bad luck, bad day or dc means he doesn't go where he belongs.
I'm pretty sure about this though I have to say the Forge FE in TvP makes me doubt myself. Maybe he though you are Zerg and then just went with it :D

Q8D3vil said:

The placement match shouldn't mean anything, it's one match. It should go on the games leading up to the next season (which i think is how it's done and rightly so).

If he truly doesn't belong in masters his personal rating wouldn't be high enough to get there. If he has just dropped off heaps he will get crushed and demoted soon anyway.

Q8D3vil

The first 5 are supposed to place you somewhere close to your skill but this new season one placement thing is only to weed out the inactive players.
he was an inactive 1v1 player since season 1.
he master in 2v2 though, bu anyone can reach master in that.

lost to devil -- demote him to platinum!!!
he was protoss, and you know how bad my tvp is.

The "one match new season placement" is nothing but a formality, as you would realize if you stopped to think about it for a second. He got placed into masters because of his old MMR (which your one victory over him obviously doesn't change that much), and he'll drop out of masters in due time if he can longer play to it.

MrKnives

Awesome Animals said:
I can't believe they delayed Season 3. What was the reason for this? I guess it is for the best since I need to buy a new mouse...again!

This is just a guess, havent read their statement but could it be the incident where they banned like half of taiwanese population?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pandaman said:
in a perfect world it would be to revise their joke of a season 3 map pool.

As we speak, they're adding more rocks.

Yoshichan

Pankaks said:
I laughed hard XD getting fired as we speak!

WedgeX

Banned
Pandaman said:
?

I've gone up against quite a few golds and plats that did a placement match against me the last two weeks.

Pankaks said:

As long as it encourages more carriers. I want to see them!

Aylinato

HolyCheck said:
i'm in the same boat, how longs it been for you? been since about the 20th of june for me :( still waiting on my new connection sigh
Well we lost power not this past Monday but the one before. An I was in Tennessee for 3 days before that and no Internet there. So almost two weeks. I've played 130 mahjong games in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom