• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
Aylinato said:
Well we lost power not this past Monday but the one before. An I was in Tennessee for 3 days before that and no Internet there. So almost two weeks. I've played 130 mahjong games in that time.

You can always travel out here if you need to play Chanstaa.

Anyhow, got myself a new headset! My voice is ready for GAF night!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Couldn't resist buying another one :( (12 bucks)

eZkcW.jpg

WedgeX

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
I miss your voice

<3

ultron87 said:
Wedge, sorry I disconnected when you were beating me there. The Internet at my house decided to die for an hour.

No worries ultron!

In your honor, I got out of my toss funk and, also in honor of blizz making blue flames blue-er, went 3rax into blue flame against toss. Well, and dizzy's coaching of course.

The results:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zlatko said:
12 bucks brand new with all the content inside? Fuuuuck. It's still 60-100+ here. :/
Yep, my sucky picture doesn't actually show it but it's completely new in plastic. Yeah I got really surprised when I saw the price... it's usually 60-100 in all other places.

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
Yep, my sucky picture doesn't actually show it but it's completely new in plastic. Yeah I got really surprised when I saw the price... it's usually 60-100 in all other places.

Where did you find it at 12 bucks? :eek:

Mairu

Over on the StarCraft 2 side of things, we are once again blessed to have the inimitable duo of Day[9] and DJ Wheat on the Red stream. Artosis and Tasteless are unfortunately unable to make Anaheim because of scheduling conflicts, but we've got you covered: the Blue stream will feature casting by none other than Husky and Mr. Bitter.
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-anaheim-watch-it-live

I kind of jokingly predicted this combination and I'm not much of a fan of MrBitter but maybe his dullness will counter Husky's overexcitedness and they'll provide a good balance.

edit: didn't even notice the community choice match polls were done and listed in that link!

DongRaeGu vs. TLO, with 46% of the vote
MMA vs. Drewbie, with 49% of the vote
Moonan vs. MVP, with 39% of the vote
Disappointed we're going to see DRG steamroll TLO instead of what might have been a closer match with Kiwikaki vs MVP

zlatko

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
I love Mr. Bitter, and Husky has improved greatly although many people will never admit it.

I'm surprised they haven't brought out TotalBiscuit. Husky Biscuit would be okay in my book.

TheThunder said:
Maybe they're intimidated by him

That's how it works right ?

No, but nerds are upset with his huge amounts of success and his noob-appeal; people who don't like SC2 much watch games just for Husky, something that pisses the hardcore diamond player community members off. As if they need Artosis or Day9 telling them every possible technical scenario/build/etc to enjoy a cast.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
No, but nerds are upset with his huge amounts of success and his noob-appeal; people who don't like SC2 much watch games just for Husky, something that pisses the hardcore diamond player community members off. As if they need Artosis or Day9 telling them every possible technical scenario/build/etc to enjoy a cast.
i lol'd

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
PhoenixDark said:
The two crowds watch for different reasons.

I've met a few people who only watch HD and Husky but haven't seen a single GSL match.

clav

zlatko said:
Who is Destiny coaching? Sounds like iJustine....
Lindsey Sporrer?

Excellent.

Hazaro said:

I've met a few people who only watch HD and Husky but haven't seen a single GSL match.

I have as well.

They usually question me with topics: "Who is Day[9]?" or "What's GomTV?"

Hazaro said:

It's not Husky or HD's fault though; both try to be members of the community yet have been shunned by many folks. HD is not a bad player - he's masters and probably better than most of Teh Hardcore players who hate him; not a great caster, but he's certainly more knowledgeable than someone like DjWheat. Husky admits he sucks but clearly loves the game and is a good guy (see: TotalBiscuit's story).

I see both as entry points for fans. They're a lot of fun and introduce you to the basics, then you might move on to GSL/MLG/etc; that makes them quite important, they're essentially gate keepers. I've got two brothers who love SC2. One only watches Husky/HD to this day, the other has moved on to Tastosis/others. The one more into Husky/HD will watch a big SC2 tournament when I am, but when left to his own devices he'll stick to what he knows.

WedgeX

Banned
Continuing on my kick of learning blue flame.

Turns out, they're alright against zerg. Who knew?

So. I swear in game it felt like I was constantly hitting 4ssssssssss. But then comes watching the replay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom