• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhoenixDark said:
No, but nerds are upset with his huge amounts of success and his noob-appeal; people who don't like SC2 much watch games just for Husky, something that pisses the hardcore diamond player community members off. As if they need Artosis or Day9 telling them every possible technical scenario/build/etc to enjoy a cast.
ah, yes everyone is upset with him because of his huge success and noob appeal, not his annoying nasal voice, being extremely load often straight up screaming and of course his complete inability to cast with anyone else because he doesn't understand the concept of shutting up and taking a breath while his co-commentator can sneak in a word or two.

Maybe he's gone better, will see at MLG. My last experience with him is TSL3 and what a shitty job he had in there.

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
Couldn't resist buying another one :( (12 bucks)

eZkcW.jpg
is it used ?
i can trade you with NA DD version :p

Keikaku

Pandaman said:
i know its a controversal opinion, but tasteless and artosis just don't strike me as very nice people.

State your reasons, if you would. I'm genuinely interested as to why you think so. I can't imagine why someone would believe them to be worse as people than InControl or Idra.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Keikaku said:
State your reasons, if you would. I'm genuinely interested as to why you think so.
they [artosis specifically] don't seem to have much respect for players that they're unfamiliar with. all koreans are pros, all sc1 players are pros, but when artosis gets ruined on the NA ladder, its after he's insulted the player a few times or suggested that they're probably streamcheating.

i was also put off how they threw people like sanzenith and bitbybit under the bus when the truth was that everyone was terrible during that era, every protoss was making questionable decisions and jinro was the only terran anywhere attempting to play into the lategame. Sanzenith atleast got a chance to make them eat their feet.

its also how they tend to follow the nasl school of thought when it comes to growing esports, artosis just said in that sotg that he'd rather hire tyler for a writing job than an actual proffesional. thats unacceptable. sc1 players are going to have to accept that some of their friends and family aren't cut out for a job in professional sports.
I can't imagine why someone would believe them to be worse as people than InControl or Idra.
i didnt compare them to incontrol or idra. :\

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
they [artosis specifically] don't seem to have much respect for players that they're unfamiliar with. all koreans are pros, all sc1 players are pros, but when artosis gets ruined on the NA ladder, its after he's insulted the player a few times or suggested that they're probably streamcheating.

i was also put off how they threw people like sanzenith and bitbybit under the bus when the truth was that everyone was terrible during that era, every protoss was making questionable decisions and jinro was the only terran anywhere attempting to play into the lategame. Sanzenith atleast got a chance to make them eat their feet.

its also how they tend to follow the nasl school of thought when it comes to growing esports, artosis just said in that sotg that he'd rather hire tyler for a writing job than an actual proffesional. thats unacceptable. sc1 players are going to have to accept that some of their friends and family aren't cut out for a job in professional sports.

I found the SanZenith thing kinda funny tbh. I know they shit a lot on him but he really was in a league on his own. Blocking his own expo. Having the most shortest games of GSL history ever etc.
But they did eat their words so it's not like they can't correct themselves if needed. They talked shit about FreeDSL too if I remember correctly and later Artosis pretty much drooled over him (He changed his name to Sage).
I dont think they are the nicest people around but I woulnd't really go call them not nice.

Q8D3vil

well, i meant eg should learn from artosis in the way he handled the whole major thing (he apologized and made it clear that he will try to teach major manners), where eg just let their players say and do stupid shit without cleaning up after them.

anyway, sixjax is a better team than eg so i'm not surprised they handled their problems better.

i'm not a a fan of artosis personality either(biased as fuck), but tastosis casting is amazing.

hamchan

Everybody who has gone to Korea and met Tastosis has always said they were very nice people *shrug*.

Also they only throw players under the bus if they're shit. San was definitely the worst player in Code S for a while and bitbybit is just lol.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1092875/angry-panda-4-o.gif[img][/QUOTE]
only some. day still ranks pretty high for me, my biggest complaint about him is he doesn't cast regularly outside of the big events. -.-

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
only some. day still ranks pretty high for me, my biggest complaint about him is he doesn't cast regularly outside of the big events. -.-

I have it other way around. Tastosis ranks higher for me. Day9's bw dailies were more relaxed and more interesting, in SC2 he seems kinda too cheerful all the time and sometimes forces some "funnies".

Not to get crucified by his fans (he has a lot of them) I do have to admit I enjoy his casting a lot. To me it's Tastosis > Day9 >>>>> everyone else.

Panda:
Not sure what you mean. Day casts a lot of smaller tournaments too. He even has his own league, it's lower level though. Also it's kinda compensated by that he is in EVERY bigger event.

jersoc

Pandaman said:

except san they praised when he actually got good. he made crazy mistakes, died in literally minutes in games.

bitbybit just all in everyone. how the fuck can you hate them for telling it how it is? if he was half way good he'd still be in at least code A. except he's not, so he isn't.

hamchan

I actually respect Tastosis more for calling out shit games and shit players. Too many casters just act excited even when the game is dreadful.

Keikaku

Pandaman said:

In order of appearance in your statement:
  • Artosis freely admits that he rages all the time on the ladder. I'm not saying it's right, but it is what he does. This is also, personally, something pretty unappealing about him. That said, I don't see why people should have much respect for players who they don't know about. I would assume that you would default to a neutral state at best.
  • Tastosis both admit that they were really harsh on San and they also freely admit that he made them eat their words when he got better. I don't really see what either of them did wrong here. Artosis specifically has said during GSl casts that he's glad that San is playing better. And, all in all, BitByBit was a godawful player so, yeah, they were absolutely right to throw him under the bus. Where is he now?
  • I'd have to listen to the show but I can agree that, not having heard the context of that statement myself, that does reek of nepotism over meritocracy.
  • By saying that "no-one" should listen to Artosis outside of casts in response to a comment involving EG, you implicitly compared Artosis to EG, hence why I chose Incontrol and Idra.

Q8D3vil

if we are talking about the best casters then i'd take the casting combo's at HSC 3 over tastosis.

i loved it when they are like " naniwa should put a robo now" then after 3 second naniwa put out a robo. thats an example but you get what i mean.

V_Arnold

Someone introduce SCII to Sessler while we are at it. SCII players are sure spoiled as hell, they do not appreciate the talented casters enough.

jersoc

in other news I'm on an 8 game winning streak. wooo! It's amazing what playing at least 1 game a day does. I think i'm starting to get the hang of when to drone and build units. I've gotten lots better at not supply blocking myself. Keep towers and keep pressure on any expansions have been winning me games lately. Most of the time I can keep them to no more than 2. My macro still sucks, but I've been building macro hatches to hopefully help. Once it gets mid game I float way too many minerals and lavra. That's definitely something I'm trying to work on. I think harassing has helped me in a bit in that respect because it forces me to use these units and create new ones as they are killed off.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
is it used ?
i can trade you with NA DD version :p
What's NA DD? It's not used, it's wrapped in plastic.
Tntnnbltn said:
It's like pandaman and yoshi had a lovechild...

Ib1Eq.gif
Oh god, here comes the fan art!

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
What's NA DD? It's not used, it's wrapped in plastic.

Oh god, here comes the fan art!
North american starcraft 2 direct download version (since i can't ship a retail one to you).
but you need to send yours to UK (i have a mailbox there that will forward it to my country).

They should just get Lee Chung and Yipes to commentate MLG SC2. trollface.jpg
i don't think the game is broken to get them interested in it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
North american starcraft 2 direct download version (since i can't ship a retail one to you).
but you need to send yours to UK (i have a mailbox there that will forward it to my country).
Nooooo XD SORRY

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
watching Catz get raped in microbattles and 1v1s makes me wonder what exactly CoL saw in root without destiny or kiwi.

hamchan

zoukka said:
Catz is the TLO of Zerg. (yeah don't see why you'd want him in your team from a financial point of view)

I think it would look extremely bad if Team Liquid kicked TLO out, the man has an injury ><

Also everybody likes TLO. Does anyone actually hate the man? He's way too nice to hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom