• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandaman said:
watching Catz get raped in microbattles and 1v1s makes me wonder what exactly CoL saw in root without destiny or kiwi.

Zerg needs micro?

4RB53.jpg

I'm still struggling against terran and my win rate is now below 20% for that matchup (it's over 90% vs toss and just over 50% against zerg). I think i'm going to try and just completely change up the way i play and maybe even *gasp* build an infestor.

I also lost to a couple of 6 pools yesterday including one against a random player. Man that can be frustrating.

Pandaman said:
i was also put off how they threw people like sanzenith and bitbybit under the bus when the truth was that everyone was terrible during that era, every protoss was making questionable decisions and jinro was the only terran anywhere attempting to play into the lategame. Sanzenith atleast got a chance to make them eat their feet.

I had no problem with this. They were just trying to bring some humour to their casting and quite frankly i thought it was pretty funny. When san did improve they gave him the credit he deserved.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
gootecks and... ross i think? >_> why do they have gifs?

687uqp.jpg

Because their swag is top tier? Surely you watch Excellent Adventures with them? They have blown up to Tastosis levels of popularity in the fighting game scene. Their own online shows, a sponsorship, their own team that include combofiend and Filipino Champ, and just all around big pimping all over the world.

Does CoL still have Cruncher? I heard he's good :p

Too bad they didn't try to keep Destiny (I know he was booted, technically). He'd have been their best player.

Q8D3vil

Awesome Animals said:
Does CoL still have Cruncher? I heard he's good :p

Too bad they didn't try to keep Destiny (I know he was booted, technically). He'd have been their best player.
i don't understand how destiny would have been their best player.

guys, don't forget that col made it to eg master cup finals.

zlatko said:
http://i53.tinypic.com/687uqp.jpg[IMG]

Because their swag is top tier? Surely you watch Excellent Adventures with them? They have blown up to Tastosis levels of popularity in the fighting game scene. Their own online shows, a sponsorship, their own team that include combofiend and Filipino Champ, and just all around big pimping all over the world.[/QUOTE]

And now Mike "88themovie" Ross and Fchamp are going to SBO too.

Mornin' SC2gaf

Biff

Q8D3vil said:
i don't understand how destiny would have been their best player.
Destiny's really come into form now! He's competing against koreans.. Top 50 NA ladder.. Taking tournament wins as the underdog.

I'd predict Destiny finishes Top 8 this IPL Season 2... Maaaaybe as high as Top 5. He's seeded either 13th or 16th, can't remember which.

zlatko

Banned
lol remember how you guys is all mad Blizzard didn't put in Lan? Well, idk how many of you saw how incredibly bare bones MvC3 was when it came out earlier this February.... and now they want $40.00 for Ultimate MvC3 coming out in November... they waited only a couple months to charge you again for the full roster and include spectator mode which should be there from the get go in any fighter these days.

I'll <3 Blizzard forever if they don't go down the Capcom route of money gouging jesus.

zlatko

Banned
Deadman said:
Didnt they already do that by removing the zerg and protoss campaigns and splitting sc2 in to 3 games?

In the long run I think having it split up is better personally. Allows them to help breathe a breath of fresh air into the game each expansion and hopefully get more people into SC2 when they hear the hype around the expansion. Plus, it's not like Blizzard released the expansion 9 months later in the same year with already completed shit. UMvC3 is going to use characters that are already in the code on regular MvC3...

Either way Blizzard is nowhere near as evil/scum as Capcom is taking fighting games.

zlatko said:
In the long run I think having it split up is better personally. Allows them to help breathe a breath of fresh air into the game each expansion and hopefully get more people into SC2 when they hear the hype around the expansion. Plus, it's not like Blizzard released the expansion 9 months later in the same year with already completed shit. UMvC3 is going to use characters that are already in the code on regular MvC3...

Either way Blizzard is nowhere near as evil/scum as Capcom is taking fighting games.

9 months between Vanilla MvC3 and UMvC3. Man, we would have HotS already!

Edit: I wonder if Capcom realizes this is what killed fighting games the first time around?

zlatko

Banned
ShallNoiseUpon said:

Edit: I wonder if Capcom realizes this is what killed fighting games the first time around?

They have their heads up their asses. Probably why Inafune left them and probably why Sakaguchi left SE.

You should take a look in that What happened to Capcom thread we have going on. The amount of questionable things keep piling up...

If Blizzard did something similar with say Diablo 3 I would not buy Ultimate Diablo 3 just like I'm not buying Umvc3 which I wanted originally thinking it comes out next year and not some quick cash in lol.

ShallNoiseUpon said:

They will use the excuse that characters need to be re-balanced and damage values changed. WE LIVE IN THE AGE OF PATCHES, THAT EXCUSE DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE!

SteveWinwood said:
They will use the excuse that characters need to be re-balanced and damage values changed. WE LIVE IN THE AGE OF PATCHES, THAT EXCUSE DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE!

It's funny because they patched MvC3 once already.

zlatko said:
They have their heads up their asses. Probably why Inafune left them and probably why Sakaguchi left SE.

You should take a look in that What happened to Capcom thread we have going on. The amount of questionable things keep piling up...

If Blizzard did something similar with say Diablo 3 I would not buy Ultimate Diablo 3 just like I'm not buying Umvc3 which I wanted originally thinking it comes out next year and not some quick cash in lol.

The only reason I'm going to get it is because I don't own a copy of MvC anymore. Blizzard would never do dumb shit like this because they're primarily PC focused and could never put "REBALANCED!" as a bullet point without coming off as incompetent. Hell, remember the shitstorm that L4D2 had when it came out fairly close to L4D and that was a full featured new game?

Edit: can you link that thread?

Q8D3vil said:
broken games and companies.
and you people rather watch evo over mlg :X

What the shitty business practices of a comapny are have nothing to do with the entertainment I get from watching professionals play at the highest level. Comparing Evo to MLG isn't even fair. Evo happens once per year and there are what, 6 MLG events per year? I'm going to watch both (though only top-tier Starcraft stuff from MLG), but let's get real here.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
hamchan said:
I actually respect Tastosis more for calling out shit games and shit players. Too many casters just act excited even when the game is dreadful.
Except they can just do the same and hype up shitty players often.

zoukka said:
Catz is the TLO of Zerg. (yeah don't see why you'd want him in your team from a financial point of view)
TLO has a rabid fanbase. Every game he is in, people tune in and watch. I mean they voted him on the MLG matches to be stream and he barely plays right now due to injury. It would be stupid to drop him.

zlatko said:
lol remember how you guys is all mad Blizzard didn't put in Lan? Well, idk how many of you saw how incredibly bare bones MvC3 was when it came out earlier this February.... and now they want $40.00 for Ultimate MvC3 coming out in November... they waited only a couple months to charge you again for the full roster and include spectator mode which should be there from the get go in any fighter these days.

I'll <3 Blizzard forever if they don't go down the Capcom route of money gouging jesus.
I was sad when I bought SF4 to see a new version soon after (and now another!). Told myself I would never buy MvC3 and still have yet to buy it and another version! It doesnt help that none of my RL friends play fighting games so my interest in them dropped alot through the years

zlatko

Banned
I've been trying to reply to this thread and others forever, but it's not working.

My internet for the last 4 days has been pure trash at certain hours of the day. I woke up at 3AM today and it worked fine till about 7:45AM, at which point it d/cs me every 5+ seconds and keeps me d/ced for around 30 seconds to a minute. It went to working fine again at probably 9 or 10AM for about 2ish hours so I got to play Metal Gear Online (shut up the game is awesome) during that time, as I can't play Sc2 or SSF4AE otherwise I risk the net crash during a game and I'll lose my rank standing shit ugh.

Last 4 days it's been sort of the same time that it starts around 7AMish, but I don't know when it stops, as I'm usually in bed once it starts, but my sleep schedule is different right now and I'm fucked without much to do thanks to this.

It seems my home phone is having the same issue. Same time this is happening I can't get a dial tone. TV is working fine though. I looked at the thingamajig upstairs that shows green lights for TV/phone/internet/etc and it keeps turning off the lights at the same frequency my internet is crashing.

Fellow slick geeks of Gaf, what is the solution? The usual resetting of routers/modems, and checking DNS stuff isn't working here. I also moved the thingamajig in case where it was was causing it to overheat or something, but if it did over heat already maybe something got fried and now I'm boinked. I want to call my IP, but I lose dial tone too fast and can't actually stay on the line so I guess I'll have to venture there tomorrow to get help unless someone here has had this issue and could help.

:( I just want to ladder.

Let me tell you about money grabbing and the large consumer base of AAA Franchises:

People keep purchasing them, which shows the corporations that it doesn't matter what poster A says on B forum. These fighting games are still having a surge of popularity, and great success dispite people bitching that they are releasing the same game within a year. Call of Duty does the same thing, EA Sports are guilty of it, and many other franchises commit these same acts. It is the same thing with pre-order bonuses and DLC.

I have a friend who told me this week that he doesn't care that pre-order bonuses are bs, he acknowledges that he is being cheated a bit, but he doesn't care. He is so committed to making sure he gets those bonuses for his favorite and anticipated games that he is willing to overlook the indiscretion.

It is a sad state, but the only thing you can do is stand your ground, and not let these companies persuade you into purchasing their products when they try to sell you it in multiple pieces, intentionally omit necessary or important aspects, or use marketing buzz words like "re-balanced" to sell you the same product.

It doesn't help to make exceptions to it either. You cannot say "well, I absolutely won't buy the new Call of Duty because it is trying to force me to purchase additional maps for multiplayer" while at the same time saying "but I love Battlefield 3, and I have no problem pre-ordering it so I can get the additonal guns!"

I'm not even complaining, just pointing out seemingly obvious points that people seem to forget when they bitch about these things. I honestly don't care, I play a small niche of games at this point, and if/when they pull this shit on me, I'll walk away and find a new way to occupy my time.

/rant

Sorry.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YAAAAAAAAAAY, going on a date going on a date going on a date :D

Movie + gonna teach him basics of SC2 and maybe (MAYBE) introduce to GAF

Yoshichan said:

Is it Foxer o_O?

By the way, I completely picture you as a child (in a good way, promise)!

Pandaman said:
they [artosis specifically] don't seem to have much respect for players that they're unfamiliar with. all koreans are pros, all sc1 players are pros, but when artosis gets ruined on the NA ladder, its after he's insulted the player a few times or suggested that they're probably streamcheating.

i was also put off how they threw people like sanzenith and bitbybit under the bus when the truth was that everyone was terrible during that era, every protoss was making questionable decisions and jinro was the only terran anywhere attempting to play into the lategame. Sanzenith atleast got a chance to make them eat their feet.

its also how they tend to follow the nasl school of thought when it comes to growing esports, artosis just said in that sotg that he'd rather hire tyler for a writing job than an actual proffesional. thats unacceptable. sc1 players are going to have to accept that some of their friends and family aren't cut out for a job in professional sports.

i didnt compare them to incontrol or idra. :\

I like Artosis but I agree with most of what you've said. Tasteless isn't as vocal, although personally I get the impression he's more into SC1 still.

Someone needs to grow some balls and admit the "SCII community" is just as shitty as any other online community. It's hilarious hearing them dismiss trolls, admit how pathetic TL members treat females etc while at the same time praising the community as some singular entity of good that must be supported at all costs. If someone isn't qualified for a job, they shouldn't get it just because they love the fucking game.

The US scene seems to be stagnating. Sure there are tons of fans, but so far there haven't really been any new, amazing players lately. It's the same cast of players in nearly every tournament, and even they aren't practicing enough to make much of an impact.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Awesome Animals said:
Is it Foxer o_O?
That'll have to wait until Dreamhack Winter :(
Awesome Animals said:
By the way, I completely picture you as a child (in a good way, promise)!
That's fine, personality is something to cherish! I've always found myself more childish than anyone else &#9829;

ksan

What time is GAF-night. Haven't played for 4-5~ weeks now, might be time for a comeback!

Yoshichan said:

You tricked me. There were no cheap copies of SC2 at OnOff...

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:

Okay, before I thought you were gay, then you said stuff saying you were into dudes, then you said you like women, but now you are going on a date with a man? Yoshi just come out of the closet already, you aren't fooling no one.

ksan

Ok, patching not working, probably cause I've used the localizer before.
But what the fuck, the repair tool is the slowest shit in the existance, 200 MB in 5 minutes?
It'd be faster to just delete the shit and redownload the whole game.

MrKnives

I wonder if this is legit:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=245798

If it is I wonder why San is leaving Hoseo. I guess it's possible considering how many koreans have joined foreign teams as of late.

ksan said:
But what the fuck, the repair tool is the slowest shit in the existance, 200 MB in 5 minutes?

fanboi had to delete and reinstall the whole thing.

clav

zlatko said:
I've been trying to reply to this thread and others forever, but it's not working.

My internet for the last 4 days has been pure trash at certain hours of the day. I woke up at 3AM today and it worked fine till about 7:45AM, at which point it d/cs me every 5+ seconds and keeps me d/ced for around 30 seconds to a minute. It went to working fine again at probably 9 or 10AM for about 2ish hours so I got to play Metal Gear Online (shut up the game is awesome) during that time, as I can't play Sc2 or SSF4AE otherwise I risk the net crash during a game and I'll lose my rank standing shit ugh.

Last 4 days it's been sort of the same time that it starts around 7AMish, but I don't know when it stops, as I'm usually in bed once it starts, but my sleep schedule is different right now and I'm fucked without much to do thanks to this.

It seems my home phone is having the same issue. Same time this is happening I can't get a dial tone. TV is working fine though. I looked at the thingamajig upstairs that shows green lights for TV/phone/internet/etc and it keeps turning off the lights at the same frequency my internet is crashing.

Fellow slick geeks of Gaf, what is the solution? The usual resetting of routers/modems, and checking DNS stuff isn't working here. I also moved the thingamajig in case where it was was causing it to overheat or something, but if it did over heat already maybe something got fried and now I'm boinked. I want to call my IP, but I lose dial tone too fast and can't actually stay on the line so I guess I'll have to venture there tomorrow to get help unless someone here has had this issue and could help.

:( I just want to ladder.
Who's your internet provider?

zlatko

Banned
claviertekky said:
Who's your internet provider?

Charter. Net is working fine now *knocks on wood*

Managed to get a phone call through to them and they are coming tomorrow at 8-10AM to take a peek. Hopefully the issue is going on then so they can narrow it down, because if it's all running smooth like it is now, then I doubt they'll find jack shit.

cdyhybrid

PhoenixDark said:
I like Artosis but I agree with most of what you've said. Tasteless isn't as vocal, although personally I get the impression he's more into SC1 still.

Someone needs to grow some balls and admit the "SCII community" is just as shitty as any other online community. It's hilarious hearing them dismiss trolls, admit how pathetic TL members treat females etc while at the same time praising the community as some singular entity of good that must be supported at all costs. If someone isn't qualified for a job, they shouldn't get it just because they love the fucking game.

The US scene seems to be stagnating. Sure there are tons of fans, but so far there haven't really been any new, amazing players lately. It's the same cast of players in nearly every tournament, and even they aren't practicing enough to make much of an impact.

The SC2 community is great...outside of TL.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ksan said:
I just used the option 3 on the relocalizer called like clean install *run before patch* and my patch worked after.

V_Arnold

Gaf's SCII community is awesome. I love every single person in this thread, and I love all the debates we are having every single week. It is fun, it is entertaining, it is inpiring sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom