• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

WedgeX said:
Good ol' SC2 repair tool. What would I do without thee.
Probably uninstall, redownload and install it and still be done before the repair tool would be done?

That was my experience at least...

WedgeX

Banned
ksan said:
Probably uninstall, redownload and install it and still be done before the repair tool would be done?

That was my experience at least...

My copy of SC2 resides about an hour east of where I live, so the repair tool was slightly faster.

jasonng

And I spoke too soon. Fought 2 one base terrans in a row. Lost to the first one because of poor spore placement. Gold and plat the same confirmed.

zoukka

jasonng said:
And I spoke too soon. Fought 2 one base terrans in a row. Lost to the first one because of poor spore placement. Gold and plat the same confirmed.

Well Diamond is 2 base all-ins so pick your medicine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
bleh, you guys suck anyway. (EU)

Jeff-DSA

Hi, my name is Jeff Rivera and I'm bad at StarCraft 2.

Admitting it is the first step.

I'm getting out Gold this season though, so I'm hoping to go from bad to less bad.

Edit: Woohoo! Platinum!
in 2v2...

Elcheris

Neo Member
Jeff-DSA said:
Hi, my name is Jeff Rivera and I'm bad at StarCraft 2.

Admitting it is the first step.

I'm getting out Gold this season though, so I'm hoping to go from bad to less bad.

Edit: Woohoo! Platinum!
in 2v2...

Dont worry, soon you'll be like me and be bad in masters!

Zzoram

So I'm Platinum and usually play Terran.

I'm having a ton of trouble TvP. I always get stomped by either a 4gate or 3gate robo (obs/immo) 1base attack. How should I be defending against this? Bunkers haven't been working very well for me. Should I just forgo expanding and 1base?

kunu

So I just started playing this game... (LTTP, I know).

And for some reason, I got placed in silver. And I'm absolutely getting steamrolled. I like playing Protoss. Could someone point me to some helpful guides/videos that could help me get out of this rutt?

V_Arnold

Zzoram said:
As if anyone was expecting LAN after it wasn't in SC2?

Looks pretty. Hopefully it runs well and retains visual clarity.

It is an ongoing joke rather as I am the dude here who is fine with whatever Blizzard decides to do : )

lol figured I'd play a custom before doing my ladder matches. First opponent: masters Terran

him: glhf
me: glhf
me: did you watch MLG?
him: yes
me: so i guess I'm fucked then
him: yup

zoukka

PhoenixDark said:
lol figured I'd play a custom before doing my ladder matches. First opponent: masters Terran

him: glhf
me: glhf
me: did you watch MLG?
him: yes
me: so i guess I'm fucked then
him: yup

So you knew what he would do and you are fucked?

First terran i faced went blue flame and i slaughtered him. Was my first win against terran in quite a while. The next one i faced beat me with mass ravens though lol.

Also do many people get banned for harassment (not blue flame :p). My friend and i report these people (not usually but the recent ones who resort to death threats etc deserve it) but i've never seen one banned.

Jeff-DSA

Zzoram said:
So I'm Platinum and usually play Terran.

I'm having a ton of trouble TvP. I always get stomped by either a 4gate or 3gate robo (obs/immo) 1base attack. How should I be defending against this? Bunkers haven't been working very well for me. Should I just forgo expanding and 1base?

Edit: I don't know if this is the best way, but it's been great for me.

How are you placing your bunker? I've found it really hard for even a well-timed 4gate to get through my wall if I wall off with two depots and a bunker in the middle. As soon as the aggression hits, I put 2-3 SCVs on repair. Also, have one Marauder in the bunker with two Marines rather than all of each.

Finally, research concussive shell right off. It keeps the Zealots off your wall for just long enough that they take lots of damage before they are in close enough to attack.

As soon as you hold off that first warp in, if you have any sort of numbers advantage you have to get out and kill that pylon. You'll never get to expand until you do. But yeah, don't expand if you scout the 4gate coming in. Your 2nd or 3rd Mule should really be a scan instead. It's not a bad idea to have a Marine patrolling around to look for proxy pylons either. If you catch his probe, he'll probably abandon the 4gate attack and you can expand normally.

zoukka said:
So you knew what he would do and you are fucked?

I watched those games and kept thinking Infestors would do good against that build. I shut down the first 6 Hellion timing with lings/Queens, but after that he managed to contain me on two bases (Xel Naga Caverns) and switch to tank/Thor/Hellion

I didn't get a macro hatch, sigh.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MrMister said:
I can't wait until they remove offline mode altogeth- oh wait.

This is a tad awful for those of us that don't live in Korea or American, and where internet is actually expensive and not unlimited.

MrKnives

HolyCheck said:
This is a tad awful for those of us that don't live in Korea or American, and where internet is actually expensive and not unlimited.

Am I completely ignorant for thinking that Internet in USA is actually more expencive and more limited than in most countries? At least if you don't live in the big cities.
I understand the korea reference though.

Where do you live?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MrKnives said:
Am I completely ignorant for thinking that Internet in USA is actually more expencive and more limited than in most countries? At least if you don't live in the big cities.
I understand the korea reference though.

Where do you live?
Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

The Land of bad internet and bad video game deals

Striek

HolyCheck said:
Yep, Australian internet is horrible. Our upload speeds are just abysmal
I'm with Internode, the so-called best ISP...

...and they just halved the data on my plan. Or I can pay $50 more a month to get about the same. FML. Fuck our internet.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Striek said:
I'm with Internode, the so-called best ISP...

...and they just halved the data on my plan. Or I can pay $50 more a month to get about the same. FML. Fuck our internet.

You realise they keep you on the same plan right? and you change yourself when new ones are introduced....

I would be on internode, i applied about 40 days ago, lets just say the optus technicians coming out in a week to check the problem.

It's been a lonely and boring 1.5 months in my new apartment living alone in melbourne from adelaide :(

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I took a break from starcraft 2 right around the warpgate nerf happened, way back, 3 months ago. Very surprised to see that Blizzard hasn't messed with the balance since. I remember everyone was complaining about the warpgate change would cause game balance to reset game one but it seems it turned out to be the final key to perfect balance. That or blizzard just gave up.

thepotatoman said:
I took a break from starcraft 2 right around the warpgate nerf happened, way back, 3 months ago. Very surprised to see that Blizzard hasn't messed with the balance since. I remember everyone was complaining about the warpgate change would cause game balance to reset game one but it seems it turned out to be the final key to perfect balance. That or blizzard just gave up.

Nah, Protoss are still OP.

Tntnnbltn

Remember when we used to whine about colossus and void rays?

There's a post on TL about saving your workers from hellions. It was actually posted last year but is getting some newfound recognition after MLG.

1) Select all of your workers (box them or ctrl-click)
2) Hit S (or whatever Stop is for your key setup)
3) Hold down F1 (select idle worker)
4) Right-click somewhere at the edge of your screen, but within your base
5) Right-click somewhere else at the edge of your screen (I think it's easiest to go around in a large circle on your screen. There may be better patterns)

Update: Shikyo has pointed out that you can perform all of the move commands while holding down F1; there's no need to press F1 repeatedly. This greatly simplifies things.

screenshot2010112723584.jpg

screenshot2010112723594.jpg

ultron87

Tntnnbltn said:

There's a post on TL about saving your workers from hellions. It was actually posted last year but is getting some newfound recognition after MLG.

I remember Wolf giving this advice during a GSL match. It's actually really helpful.

ksan

Tntnnbltn said:

The problem is that doing that while trying to micro your other units is pretty hard :p

Q8D3vil

Tntnnbltn said:

but but but idra said it doesn't work :/

it's very old btw, but i guess it resurfaced again because of mlg.

ksan

I don't even....

Had a 59 min game against a toss, he built carriers and shit and I didn't even have anti air other than queens and spores at the time, but I killed some bases with ultras and roaches and then we had like 0 mining bases and then I got late game hydras and he transitioned to two gate robo with collosi off one base and my head exploded and I was doing roach hydra ling against that and managed to out macro him off my one mining base and then I won the game after killing a multitude off bases with mass cannons.

and the worst thing is that it was just a drag, didn't even feel epic :(
might be because I couldn't get up more than one base late game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom