• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

DatDude

Banned
Best zombie month confirmed?

Play some state of decay for a couple weeks, than onto the main course for the last of us.

can get better than that. :p

This game has been completely under my radar until the reviews started coming in today.

Been looking for something to spend my cheap MS points on!

Just checked and it's online on the store now.

eXistor

I'm hoping I can get off work a bit earlier, so I can play this. It's my day off tomorrow anyway, so I might pull an all-nighter. I kinda wanna wait for a PC release, but I don't think it's gonna be anytime soon.

meh... I'm still not convinced we get a German release today. :(
I'm sure it's different for every country, but it's up in the Netherlands right now.

ekim

I'm hoping I can get off work a bit earlier, so I can play this. It's my day off tomorrow anyway, so I might pull an all-nighter. I kinda wanna wait for a PC release, but I don't think it's gonna be anytime soon.

I'm sure it's different for every country, but it's up in the Netherlands right now.

As long as it has no USK rating, it's not gonna release.

from the link earlier :
PENDING
Australia
Germany
South Africa

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm not sure if it's just my controller causing this problem, but rotating the camera left and right feels slower than it should. :(

Surprised it's up already. Anyway d/loading and trying to calm down my two office buds who are pacing the floors and checking the d/load bar every 30 seconds

Daigoro

Guess I'll have to tear myself away from Raid mode and download this sucker today.

one hour until I get home. how big is the download?

Played the trial - which is very generous and gives you quite a bit of time in the game.

Surprisingly I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought, it really does feel like a well detailed open world. Didn't get to play around with a lot of the mechanics because I spent most of the time just doing the beginning missions and exploring.

There is a bit of jank, dodgy animations sometimes alongside a few technical issues but they didn't really distract me from the experience.

I'm kind of tempted to pick up the full title now, but may wait until I have more funds.

From another forum, one player's moment:

"I was sailing along decently being cautious and stockpiling when disaster struck.

Alan was bitching so I took him out to do some hunting and talk to him. I switched to my character who has a lot of good "people skills" traits.

Well we get to the house making small talk and enter ready to let him blow off some steam on the Zeds. Well he ran into the house with gusto right into a wall of undead flesh. There must have been close to 8 zombies in there and a huge fat one. They immediately dogpile him and I run in to help. The guy I am playing is not good with guns or melee weapons, so I can't do much. I switch to my handgun and open fire. The Fat Zombie picks him up and starts beating him. I have to reload, damn!

Just as I start thinking, well he is a story character he can't die. He dies. The Fatty rips him in two pieces and starts to come after me. I open fire with my pistol, forgetting in the heat of the moment how loud it was. A cadre of Zombies bust into the back door and start beating on me. They knock me forward into the Fat Zombie and he starts stomping, I am caught between the Little zombies and big zombies. I finally push my way through close to death and with no stamina and somehow make my way back to base.

During this time lily had been trying to contact me but I was obviously busy. I get back home and find out that the Pastour died from the black plague and turned and killed 2 other people before he could be put down.

I about 5 minutes I went from about 14 survivors to 10...

...and I loved every minute of it!

Oh I also stumbled across 3 hordes of zombies who formed into a super horde. There were more than 40 zombies in that horde."

Yeah, if anyone's on the fence and that doesn't sell you, don't know what will

Up in Hong Kong XBLA as well, bought and downloading, can't wait to start!!
I skipped Remember Me and passed up a $22 brand new copy of Dead Island Riptide for this, hope I made the right choice.

ekim

"I was sailing along decently being cautious and stockpiling when disaster struck.

Alan was bitching so I took him out to do some hunting and talk to him. I switched to my character who has a lot of good "people skills" traits.

Well we get to the house making small talk and enter ready to let him blow off some steam on the Zeds. Well he ran into the house with gusto right into a wall of undead flesh. There must have been close to 8 zombies in there and a huge fat one. They immediately dogpile him and I run in to help. The guy I am playing is not good with guns or melee weapons, so I can't do much. I switch to my handgun and open fire. The Fat Zombie picks him up and starts beating him. I have to reload, damn!

Just as I start thinking, well he is a story character he can't die. He dies. The Fatty rips him in two pieces and starts to come after me. I open fire with my pistol, forgetting in the heat of the moment how loud it was. A cadre of Zombies bust into the back door and start beating on me. They knock me forward into the Fat Zombie and he starts stomping, I am caught between the Little zombies and big zombies. I finally push my way through close to death and with no stamina and somehow make my way back to base.

During this time lily had been trying to contact me but I was obviously busy. I get back home and find out that the Pastour died from the black plague and turned and killed 2 other people before he could be put down.

Oh I also stumbled across 3 hordes of zombies who formed into a super horde. There were more than 40 zombies in that horde."

sounds amazing.

Despera

Banned
I hope you guys enjoy the game while I wait for the PC version.

Damn RROD :(

Good to hear it's as fun as I was hoping it would be.

Shoot, that story and the IGN review is going to make me constantly worry about characters I have resting being killed while I'm using another one, fuuuuuuuuu!!!!

KemoSabe

Is the German version censored or uncut?
I would like to play it but not a censored version with no blood and stuff

ekim

Is the German version censored or uncut?
I would like to play it but not a censored version with no blood and stuff

I've never seen a censored XBLA game. Funnily enough, there is no USK rating yet but XBox Germany says it will be released today. So well... might be censored.

ekim

Gott sei Dank! Bei dem Zeug, was die USK in den letzten Jahren so durchgewunken hat (Dead Space, Gears 3 etc) wäre es lächerlich, wenns hier nicht erscheinen würde.

That's good to hear.

Ich glaube, dass die USK von Spielern unterwandert wurde...

Sethista

bought ad paid for. I think its cool too that they are planning to do this type of game, but an open world MMO style. I would buy that too.

Headhunter

Neo Member
I just paid 1600 MS Points blindly.

Till yesterday I never heard anything about this game, but the reviews look great.

I hope it will be fun to play.

Dabanton

Nice quick trip to the shops and it was done when I came back.

Lunch, then a quick play before I have to go into work later.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Wow. This game wasn't even on my radar until I read that post.

I want this game so fucking badly but I've already spent a ridiculous amount on games lately. Will need to hold out for at least a month, first world problems and all that.

Wow. This game wasn't even on my radar until I read that post.
Yeah, I love reading stuff like that

Here's another good one I found:
"So I've been playing for about an hour and a half now, nobody has died yet, but I had a seriously close call, I've just found the car over the bridge and I'm making my way to town, but before that I decided to loot every place, everything was going well, and I had been quick searching the whole time and no alerted any zombies, night time hits and Im already packed up with a rifle and revolver for maya, so then I decide, what the heck, I'll quick search.

Seriously bad idea.

I made alot of noise, but I thought meh, a few zombies will come now, turns out about 30 zombies come all at once to raid in on my little camping tent, no way out, so me, marcus and a hurt ed prepare to fight.

It starts out pretty good, I'm managing to chokehold them at the door of the tent, facing only one at a time, and to my surprise the AI is doing the same thing at the other entrance, great assets they are, but then my hatchet breaks, and all goes sour.

6 zombies flood in at once, and I'm forced to immediately start firing, it was the first time I fired a weapon in the game, my aim was off, and I missed alot, the problem was, every shot I fired, more zombies joined the party.

I was down to about 20 % at this point, I was popping painkillers and snacks like crazy and after all that, 30 or so zombies lied dead on the floor, I don't know how I did it, but it was a mix of good timed dodges and a stroke of luck, I made it out alive.

But it wasn't over.

Panicking a little I try to sprint to the vehicle on the other side of the bridge, the bridge is out so I take the scenic route through the dam, the way up was right, but I didn't know that, and sprinted to the left, great.. I just alerted 15 more zombies.

So about 8 snacks each, an overdose of painkillers and a bullet short of a useful gun I'm finally safe... for Now.

This was my experience in the first hour of gameplay, an illusion of safety and comfort followed by panic, I now have a respect for staying quiet that I did not have before."

Does it constantly autosave? When I quit the demo, my save was gone. D:

I also got some pretty bad framerate problems at times, but other than that it's great.

Acorn

Does it constantly autosave? When I quit the demo, my save was gone. D:

I also got some pretty bad framerate problems at times, but other than that it's great.
Yeh technically it isn't the best but it's ambitious as hell and only 1.8 gigs packed with loads of different gameplay systems. I can forgive Jank if it's ambitious.

wow, this seems like to be the perfect game to be able to play with at least ONE friend. No plans for future patches at all? Still gettin it as I've always asked for a game like this, but no co-op is a real bummer. :(

ekim

wow, this seems like to be the perfect game to be able to play with at least ONE friend. No plans for future patches at all? Still gettin it as I've always asked for a game like this, but no co-op is a real bummer. :(

They patch coop in, if the game is a success.

Top Bottom