• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

It's 8am here, I've woken up early (UK) and now can't get back to sleep due to the anticipation for this game! Reviews are sounding promising.

I'm ready

Good review.

State of Decay’s ambition reaches farther than most $60 titles, so its value is unquestionable as a $20 download – especially given how it manages to successfully meet so many of its lofty goals. I spent about 12 hours in this Zed-infested world, and while I saw most of what’s there, I could’ve spent a few more hours exploring. And since I focused on melee weapons the first time, I fully plan to start another game with a gun-centric character. Meanwhile, startup developer Undead Labs has already said that if State of Decay is successful, it hopes to follow it up with a massively multiplayer online sequel, codenamed “Class4.” But for now, Decay belongs in the pantheon of great modern zombie games alongside Valve’s Left 4 Dead series and Telltale’s Walking Dead episodes.

Dat 23min video review. Damn.

Ya good news.

Mine will be up later as well.

Awesome, link to it when it goes live please.

Hopefully I'll be playing the game by then, but I can't shake the feeling this going to be a long ass day and MS won't update the marketplace until after lunch.

I hope I'm wrong.

Karak

Awesome, link to it when it goes live please.

Hopefully I'll be playing the game by then, but I can't shake the feeling this going to be a long ass day and MS won't update the marketplace until after lunch.

I hope I'm wrong.

I would assume 2 or 3 am for the arrival.

Karak

Looks like its going to be a later release after reading around for you guys. Some say 10am Pacific.

I played this game at PAX because a friend wanted my impression of it and this thing played great. I can't wait to play a full version the premise is amazing and hopefully it can make great sales and get a sequel with coop.

Z0mbicide

Banned
I totally missed this at PAX East, but I definite got my Last of Us trophy brick on the first playthrough. I can only be expected to kill so many zombies in a three day period. :p

I played this game at PAX because a friend wanted my impression of it and this thing played great. I can't wait to play a full version the premise is amazing and hopefully it can make great sales and get a sequel with coop.

DocSeuss

Ugh, I really don't want to see these guys die when their MMO fails. This game sounds cool.

Will wait for the PC version; I've no interest in buying games that are limited to just one piece of hardware.

Z0mbicide

Banned
Given the flexibility of the pricing models these days and the vast fanbase for genres of this sort, an MMO doesn't necessarily mean a death knell for a developer. Look how long the War Z has managed to cling to life and that game is downright atrocious. Don't count Undead Labs out just yet.

Ugh, I really don't want to see these guys die when their MMO fails. This game sounds cool.

Will wait for the PC version; I've no interest in buying games that are limited to just one piece of hardware.

ekim

untitledgcbjk.png

:)

Getting more and more interested in this as the launch gets closer. Will have to try the trial though, because I have a few concerns about how the combat will feel.

Aww, I should have taken advantage of cheap MS codes when I could though :[

Z0mbicide

Banned
Could we get any carification on the gun play? I know they mentioned briefly in one of the IGN Let's Play videos that the gun combat felt a little awkward. Is it due to it being a levelable skill, or is it due to just poor gameplay mechanics?

wrog

Not available in Australia either............

Australia, I am so sorry. We cannot ship to you tomorrow. We are still waiting for the Australian Ratings Board to certify the game, and unfortunately we have no control over their response time. As soon as we hear, we'll be shipping to you with the next game update. We will not leave you behind if we can help it!
https://www.facebook.com/UndeadLabs/posts/10150286688894943

Germany is good to go - http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?13582-Countries-So-Far

Top Bottom