• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

33,000 sales in one day sales on XBLA is astoundingly good.

Especially these days, now that Microsoft does absolutely nothing to promote any XBLA game ever, and hides them behind 5 pages of ads.

It's the first thing I saw when I turned on my 360 earlier..

AWESOME! That should bode very well for Class 4, or maybe a potential co-op patch down the road. :)

For those of you who played it, what do you feel about its replayability and sandbox portions? Are the terrain/building placement random at all, or is it more like DayZ with a set map? Are the NPC's/missions randomized at all?

7 more hours until I get my chance to play... Such a long wait.
The map's always the same, but except for a few story NPCs, all other NPC are randomized: name, appearance, personality, traits, skills.

And also there are random events like disease or power loss that can mess up your perfectly sufficient community...you know to keep you on your toes

No hostile NPCs, unfortunately

Karak

Ooh...that's a teaser.

Not really or...sort of. Its just that it really depends on what people consider hostile/faction/NPC in the game and what you can do about it. Its sort of round about. I guess I will just say. No you are factually right.

Man this game can be fucking INTENSE at times. I was driving along to my waypoint when I flipped the car by accident. Mere seconds earlier, I had alerted a horde of zombies... now the horde were flooding the ditch with me in it D:

Spotted another car, ran to it, get it, press the accelerator and drive into a gas tank whih sends me flying out of the car toward the horde running after me.

I finally made it to where I needed to be with a slither of life left.. all that happened in the space of about 30 seconds, madness. Beause I was almost dying and my weapons were destroyed, I had to creep bush by bush to another car that I could use.. that took about 10 minutes.

So good. I had to stop after that :D

Karak

Man this game can be fucking INTENSE at times. I was driving along to my waypoint when I flipped the car by accident. Mere seconds earlier, I had alerted a horde of zombies... now the horde were flooding the ditch with me in it D:

Spotted another car, ran to it, get it, press the accelerator and drive into a gas tank whih sends me flying out of the car toward the horde running after me.

I finally made it to where I needed to be with a slither of life left.. all that happened in the space of about 30 seconds, madness. Beause I was almost dying and my weapons were destroyed, I had to creep bush by bush to another car that I could use.. that took about 10 minutes.

So good. I had to stop after that :D

I think I said it earlier in the thread but I always felt this would be one of those games that people just will constantly tell stories of. Because many things are also random everyone has different stories. Its...its just fucking great.

I am double dipping. The PC is probably 8-12 months out and the game is ace and somewhat cheap for what you get to be brutally honest.

That long you think? Jeez, I also figured I'd wait but hot damn that's a long time. Not to mention I do have 5 months until Xbone comes out...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its zombies it will sell fine :D

as much as gaf hates them they sell well right now

Karak

That long you think? Jeez, I also figured I'd wait but hot damn that's a long time. Not to mention I do have 5 months until Xbone comes out...

Yes. From what it sounds like they do NOT have an exclusivity to XBLA like most. But just thinking along the lines of making sure everything works + polish + testing on PC.

Guys. I got a review code but I also won a contest for an extra code. I am trying to think of a good way of doing a give away. Any ideas? However I do it, I plan on announcing the winner on my live stream I'll start a little bit later today.

I could draw you a picture drunk and send it to you. Anything you want, you name it, it's yours.

Where are all the reviews? A highly anticipated game, but only two reviews so far. Is it because the TLOU embargo lifted?

Cause I bet a lot of people base their purchase on the general census

Karak

My first experience in the truck did not last long..

Hahahaha. Dude I lost 4 main characters within like 45 minutes. Its a disaster story for sure. Each time I got one...I swear someone else died. It was crazy I just couldn't get a grasp on anything.

derFeef

Yah this game is pretty fantastic. I playing carefully and scavenge a lot. This delivers on so many levels for me I hoped DayZ would, but could not.

I glanced right over the skills for awhile, just noticed I could pick from a few of them. For my defensive skill I chose
Double Kill
, anyone else use that one yet? I was trying to figure out how to do it and almost died, panicked and ended up throwing a grenade into a barn blowing up my truck and losing trust with Maya - lol.

What region? It isn't showing on the front page in NYC for me...

I'm in SC

Karak

I hope they keep Undead Labs making games for them, MS needs those studios!

I would assume this kind of sales they are probably looking at an investment either into a full game, the sequel, or the MMO. But it will take a bit to really see. MS obviously assumes these guys are worth it as they are personally pimping it.

Good. It's worth the price imo

Indeed.

Again, not sure if it's actual sales or trials included, but the numbers on the leaderboards are reaching 60k. Pretty damn impressive.

Anyway, I have to know...has anyone else adopted a sweep and clear approach to houses? I've spent the better part of the last couple of hours just going through all the houses in the immediate vicinity to the church.

I think I need help, I haven't played a story mission since around 4pm.

Karak

Oh jeez, don't tell me that...I thought the game might trigger missions automatically after a certain point.

I'm glad it doesn't, but at least if it did, I'd actually get them done.

Agreed.

Also Slasher is doing a fricken fantastic walkthrough its hilarious on his twitch channel.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Must...resist...and...wait...for....PC

I tried but failed miserably. Is it me or this is in many ways, the zombie game I always wanted? Open-world survival horror with a true emphasis on surviving in a zombie apocalypse? Such a well thought out game. Some jank sure, but it doesn't detract from the vision.

derFeef

I tried but failed miserably. Is it me or this is in many ways, the zombie game I always wanted? Open-world survival horror with a true emphasis on surviving in a zombie apocalypse? Such a well thought out game. Some jank sure, but it doesn't detract from the vision.

To me it is almost perfect.

delume

This all sounds like a load of fun but it is still not up on the New Zealand marketplace. Is the release of XBLA games usually staggered around the world?

Top Bottom