• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender

What time is it?
Why didn't anyone tell me there is an Audiosurf 2? I usually wait for sales but I'm so tempted.

Also, can Minerva's Den be played without touching the main campaign?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Today's my birthday, and I woke up and saw I had 6 steam notifications. I thought to myself "Sweet!" thinking maybe some of my friends/family gifted me games.

5 coupons for Foul Play, 1 for Volgarr the Viking.

hopes_deleted_futurama.gif
Happy birthday Shackles! Hope you have a good time :)

Today's my birthday, and I woke up and saw I had 6 steam notifications. I thought to myself "Sweet!" thinking maybe some of my friends/family gifted me games.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/hopes_deleted_futurama.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday big boy.

Accept my fwend rekwest pls.

i has a little something waiting or you in my inventory and I'm not talking about my penis.

Or a coupon.

Sorry.

Has anyone figured out a way to keep notifications from bouncing you out of a game and back to big picture mode? It's really annoying having to get up from my comfy couch and alt-tab back to my game.

DagsJT

I'm such an idiot. Bought "The Wolf Among Us" from GMG without checking if it was a Steam code ... and it's not and I need to use Capsule. So annoying.

masterkajo

When is Enemy Within coming out? I should finish my current game before grabbing it I suppose.

According to GMG, where I pre-orderer with the 25% off coupon in addition to the standard 10% off, it says on November 15th. This is EU though, so I don't know if US is different.

EDIT: Well JaseC with Ninja speed got you covered.

Dec

Has anyone figured out a way to keep notifications from bouncing you out of a game and back to big picture mode? It's really annoying having to get up from my comfy couch and alt-tab back to my game.

It does that? I've never used Big Picture mode but that seems like a big pain in the ass.

You could manually turn off as many notifications as you can in Steam's settings menu. Would disabling the in-game overlay work?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Well I have nothing to offer as a gift, other than four Foul Play coupons on my own I know you don't want, but happy birthday all the same.

The worst part is that you can't delete them. The only real option is something like Trashbot.

Also thanks for sharing this, I'll make good use of it in the future.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! :)

Just got back from a 5k and getting ready to sit down to some Wind Waker HD.

masterkajo

Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy Bioshock Infinite @$14?

Beats me. I paid full price and while it is true that the combat is on the repetetive side and stale, it has a wonderful complex story (way above video game standards) that has a satisfying conclusion (has to be mention nowadays... *shakes fist at ME3*) and characters that live in a picturesque floating city.

The only thing that should keep you from buying it if you are 100% sure you won't be playing it before the end of the steam winter sale.

Seanspeed

Banned
Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy Bioshock Infinite @$14?
Just finished it today. Its an easy game and the gameplay is decent enough if you switch up your style once in a while, but what will stick in my mind for a long time is how beautiful the game is. Its non-stop eye candy. And I dont normally care about video game characters but I was quite fond of the girl in the game.

Li Kao

So guys, I was thinking of buying Half-Life 1 in case of a future HL marathon, and... is there any reason to buy the original and not the source remake ? Is the remake solid ?

All the fauna in F:NV makes me rage, I hate these Deathclaws and of their variants also fuck the Cazadors they are annoying as hell and why my companions don't use antivenom?

I finally reached New Vegas and I'm doing some quests in Freeside, still haven't met with the Caesar's Legion after the Nipton incident, since I'm doing some sidequests I started Veronica's and BoS quests
I tried to get the weapon in vault 34 needed for advances the quest but the constant radiation and the ammount of Ghouls are annoying, so I'm going to get the food technology in vault 22 now.

About Ed-E
it played two records in specific places and I was contacted by BoS and the Followers both asking me to take the eyebot to them so they can retrieve the information, I chose to take Ed-E to the Followers since they seem help the others.

I discovered the Boomers and
they are a bunch of crazy people who like to blow things, the guards armed with rocket launcher at the entrance gate gave me an idea to not make them angry. The panel where their history is told was a nice touch, the quests itself are easy except for the one you need to plant the charges in the submerged plane, fuck these deathclwas and cazadores, I'll try it again when I'm higher level.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So guys, I was thinking of buying Half-Life 1 in case of a future HL marathon, and... is there any reason to buy the original and not the source remake ? Is the remake solid ?
Some people prefer the original.

I prefer the original Serious Sam games.

Tenrius

Which remake do you mean? Roughly the last third of Black Mesa Source isn't finished yet, but the game itself is free. Half-Life: Source is basically the original game with fancier water, everything else is the same.

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free will yell at you if you play Half-Life: Source which may or may not sway you.

Black Mesa is Half-Life without the ending of the game which was a section I think a lot of people didn't like. Black Mesa got good impressions, but again it's going to be divisive so some people may say one is great, and others may say it destroys the artistic integrity of something or other, or the balance is wrong, or whatever. Black Mesa should be free to try if you want to see what you think for yourself.

def sim

I played through Source recently and it's nearly the same game apart from the modern water and physics. The former is a bit weird in contrast to the outdated look, though.

I heard the difficulty may be different because of the physics, but I didn't notice or remember.

Just finished it today. Its an easy game and the gameplay is decent enough if you switch up your style once in a while, but what will stick in my mind for a long time is how beautiful the game is. Its non-stop eye candy. And I dont normally care about video game characters but I was quite fond of the girl in the game.

What will stick in my mind is the half-hour-long (or so it seemed) ending, which blew my mind.

Grief.exe

I'm such an idiot. Bought "The Wolf Among Us" from GMG without checking if it was a Steam code ... and it's not and I need to use Capsule. So annoying.

Really? Game isn't Steamworks? Keep in mind GMG won't send codes out until release.

You can always cancel a pre-order at GMG.

What will stick in my mind is the half-hour-long (or so it seemed) ending, which blew my mind.

The ending elevates that game from mediocrity. It sticks in people's minds as well.

jediyoshi

Really? Game isn't Steamworks? Keep in mind GMG won't send codes out until release.

You can always cancel a pre-order at GMG.

Definitely not, they've been content with selling it directly themselves. I believe their past few games included, they usually send you a physical copy of the game when the season is over if you pay for shipping.

The ending elevates that game from mediocrity. It sticks in people's minds as well.

I agree. The combat is boring (an easy), the best part of the story telling is optional (Voxphones) and the final boss (is you can call it that) drags for far too long. Amazing graphics and that gem of an ending is really what makes the game.

def sim

It's too bad about the coupons; happy birthday!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Tomb Raider. What a great game. I 100%ed it by looking at a guide for the last 2 pieces of collectibles, which I couldn't find otherwise.

Now to decide whether to continue playing BioShock 1 (after putting it on Easy, mind you) or to start Dead Space. Or maybe something completely different, I have no idea.

Just finished Tomb Raider. What a great game. I 100%ed it by looking at a guide for the last 2 pieces of collectibles, which I couldn't find otherwise.

Now to decide whether to continue playing BioShock 1 (after putting it on Easy, mind you) or to start Dead Space. Or maybe something completely different, I have no idea.

I just started it today and I'm really liking it so far. It's gorgeous too. Dat hair.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Everybody should buy the Half Life Complete package or pick and choose the games you're missing for it because what are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom