• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game booted me after this :(
s7elEMJl.jpg

Grief.exe

The hilarious thing is they have been 'finished' with this project for a long time. Was just a matter of pushing the update.

Needed some more time in the oven.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A note for those affected by Ubi's retroactive region lock on Black Flag: You can ask Support to remove the game from your account and add it to your inventory as a gift (thanks to spindoctor for confirming this). In doing so, you can resell the game to a Russian and make most of your money back if you'd rather not have to run a VPN every time you want to launch the game. Just a thought, though you may want to wait until closer to release just in case the restriction is reversed.

GezTip: Game is dead on all 3 platforms its available on. Don't buy. Another game Warner Bros and Monolith never supported.

It'll inevitably go F2P and I want to jump on the game beforehand because otherwise it won't add to my game count. Half off on Steam would knock down the RU price on the Mithril Edition to ~USD$18.

Some of the choices in Black Ops 2 are actually very subtle in their approach, I'm honestly impressed. Isn't just a matter of "Kill evil terrorist or let him live" The club level was really well done as well.

It's weird though, in some areas the game actually looks really good(particularly at night) while other levels like the first one look pretty dated.

JaseC

Huh, Space Rangers is no longer available on Steam, glad I got it before it was removed and replaced by Space Rangers HD.

The original Space Rangers games were pulled about a year ago (I own the first but not the second; I'm guessing the pack wasn't discounted at the time). I asked 1C if they'd be returning, but:

I was simply told that the original games are no longer offered, which doesn't really answer the question, though I assume the person misspoke and intended to suggest that the games won't be returning. Oh well. :(

Edit: I just realised Nordic never got back to me. :(

maneil99

Some of the choices in Black Ops 2 are actually very subtle in their approach, I'm honestly impressed. Isn't just a matter of "Kill evil terrorist or let him live" The club level was really well done as well.

It's weird though, in some areas the game actually looks really good(particularly at night) while other levels like the first one look pretty dated.
Black Ops 2 has a great SP. Lots of plot twists and great music make it one of my favorites. I think CoD has easily the best SP out of all the AAA FPS games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Try to think of it as a Japanese Gears of War.

I've never played GOW.

LMAO. It's no where NEAR Gears of War.

richochetguro said:
Really, it's a shame that people hate on the game without bothering to put even the tiniest amount of effort into it. Saying it's mechanically one of the worst shooters is absolutely absurd. I suppose that's what doomed us into getting Lost Planet 3 :/

Except mechanically it is in versus. In co-op it's fine. But in the versus when you're going against Japanese players that abuse I-frames? No. It's terrible and bullshit.

And frankly what doomed "us" into getting Lost Planet 3 was the fact Capcom didn't cut their losses after the first two didn't set the world on fire. I said it the first time and I'll say it again: "who wanted a sequel to Lost Planet (2)?" Outside of the small Japanese fanbase like Monster Hunter, I can't really recall anyone in the West clamoring for a sequel.

maneil99

A note for those affected by Ubi's retroactive region lock on Black Flag: You can ask Support to remove the game from your account and add it to your inventory as a gift (thanks to spindoctor for confirming this). In doing so, you can resell the game to a Russian and make most of your money back if you'd rather not have to run a VPN every time you want to launch the game. Just a thought, though you may want to wait until closer to release just in case the restriction is reversed.

It'll inevitably go F2P and I want to jump on the game beforehand because otherwise it won't add to my game count. Half off on Steam would knock down the RU price on the Mithril Edition to ~USD$18.
Wait what. I sold like 9. They become region locked even if they are in your library? Thats never happened. Even with Rayman.

Jawmuncher

LMAO. It's no where NEAR Gears of War.

Except mechanically it is in versus. In co-op it's fine. But in the versus when you're going against Japanese players that abuse I-frames? No. It's terrible and bullshit.

And frankly what doomed "us" into getting Lost Planet 3 was the fact Capcom didn't cut their losses after the first two didn't set the world on fire. I said it the first time and I'll say it again: "who wanted a sequel to Lost Planet (2)?" Outside of the small Japanese fanbase like Monster Hunter, I can't really recall anyone in the West clamoring for a sequel.

While I still want to play LP3 I can agree to that.
I remember when it got announced and that was the basically everyone's reaction.

JaseC

Wait what. I sold like 9. They become region locked even if they are in your library? Thats never happened. Even with Rayman.

Yep. In this case, the restriction applies to the sub attached to your account, not the app tied to it (since it's universal). Many people found themselves in this very situation earlier in the year when 2K retroactively region-locked The Bureau's RU subs. Rayman Legends is different in that the pre-order sub was universal and then Ubi added an RU-specific sub after release, so those who'd already bought the game weren't affected.

Edit: Or maybe it was Enemy Unknown. One of the two.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was just looking at prices for removed games on SteamTrades. Holy shit. There's a guy selling copies of Saw: The Game (which I thought wasn't a totally terrible game when I rented it on 360) for 60 keys. That's bare minimum $100. WOW.

Grief.exe

I was just looking at prices for removed games on SteamTrades. Holy shit. There's a guy selling copies of Saw: The Game (which I thought wasn't a totally terrible game when I rented it on 360) for 60 keys. That's bare minimum $100. WOW.

I talked to a guy on Reddit a few months ago who was selling NWN2 for a similar amount of keys.

I know that there is a supply/demand thing going on here, but the scarcity in this case is truly just an illusion. These people have to understand that the market for this just doesn't exist, best case scenario people will just go to another service to acquire the game, worst case they will acquire it thorough illegal means.

Card Boy

Banned

JaceC will buy it (if he doesn't have it already (which he most likely does))

JaseC

Yeah, there are only a few copies left floating about the trading ether, so the asking prices are sky-high. You could save a bit of money by buying "grey market" keys.

catabarez

I found a guy that wanted about forty bucks worth of games during the Steam sale. I took it.

JaseC

JaceC will buy it (if he doesn't have it already (which he most likely does))

Nah, I missed the boat on Saw. :( I don't want to throw $100 away on a single game this close to two of Steam's biggest sales, but paying stupid amounts of money for yanked games is something I might start doing next year. ;)

maneil99

Yep. In this case, the restriction applies to the sub attached to your account, not the app tied to it (since it's universal). Many people found themselves in this very situation earlier in the year when 2K retroactively region-locked The Bureau's RU subs. Rayman Legends is different in that the pre-order sub was universal and then Ubi added an RU-specific sub after release, so those who'd already bought the game weren't affected.

Edit: Or maybe it was Enemy Unknown. One of the two.
Greaaaat. Time for the backlash and refunds

JaseC

Greaaaat. Time for the backlash and refunds

There's a slight chance Ubi will reverse the restriction as the matter is gaining a bit of traction over at the game's community hub and Ubi's own forums. Fingers crossed because otherwise you're going to have an angry mob beating down your virtual door. :p

Grief.exe

After the WW2 thread im thinking of buying COD2. Anyone know if it holds up?

I checked out the PC Gaming Wiki thread and it looks like it holds up very well.

Widescreen, console commands, FOV fixes, remove mouse accel, everything you would need is there.

I looked Brothers in Arms as well and it seems to be in a good position.

Sajjaja

I just finished CoD2 recently (this month actually) for the first time.

I didn't find it particularly awe inspiring. The Russian campaign was heavily lacking, English campaign was cool because you drove around tanks for a bit. American campaign was nothing special either.

No idea why people clamor over it. It was moderately fun, but not addicting or anything. Best part was Captain Price and MacGregor. Was refreshing to play a WW2 shooter however.

Some screens.

Grief.exe

I just finished CoD2 recently (this month actually) for the first time.

I didn't find it particularly awe inspiring. The Russian campaign was heavily lacking, English campaign was cool because you drove around tanks for a bit. American campaign was nothing special either.

No idea why people clamor over it. It was moderately fun, but not addicting or anything. Best part was Captain Price and MacGregor. Was refreshing to play a WW2 shooter however.

Some screens.

I was wondering about that since, from what I remember, COD2 seemed fairly uninspired. The other games commonly mentioned in the thread were Brothers in Arms, DOD, Medal of Honor:AA, and Red Orchestra 2.

Unrelated. Here are some pictures I found of Dark Siders 2 on this guy's flicker account. They are gorgeous!

The_Monk

Just saw the thread from the Raindrop Kickstarted page and this seems like my kind of game.

There's surviving elements, rain, different types of weather, loot, different ways to approach the enemy, the ability to play without using guns and so on. Really interesting to be honest.

Sajjaja

I was wondering about that since, from what I remember, COD2 seemed fairly uninspired. The other games commonly mentioned in the thread were Brothers in Arms, DOD, Medal of Honor, and Red Orchestra.

Unrelated. Here are some pictures I found of Dark Siders 2 on this guy's flicker account. They are gorgeous!

Yeah I saw that thread as well and saw all the CoD2 replies. Nostalgia is a funny thing.

Also, when I get a new PC, the Darksiders games (especially 2) will be among the first games I play. I bought that $10 for everything deal on Amazon and have been excited to play it since. Don't care if it\s mediocre, it's just a cool looking game.

How is it that Valve themselves can keep updating Steam for PC, Mac, Linux along with maintaining new features like Big Screen Mode, Marketplace, Workshop, Sharing and creating a new OS/console while working on games?

Sajjaja

How is it that Valve themselves can keep updating Steam for PC, Mac, Linux along with maintaining new features like Big Screen Mode, Marketplace, Workshop, Sharing and creating a new OS/console while working on games?

No need to worry about money because of all the cosmetic items and Steam market place giving them their cut.

JaseC

Simple: Valve doesn't make games any more.

Sajjaja

I'm installing Fallout 1 for the hundredth time. I WANT TO HAVE FUN DAMN IT!

Ughhh, it just installed and I don't want to play it anymore D:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Escape Goat -- MB-404027E9EB2DA1D4 - Taken by Sajjaja. 8 entrants total.

t1382338935z1.png
Happy escapin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom