• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

That's a lie and you know it.

ibrGt7vhfRMeqW.gif

Accoun

The demo put me off, seeing it in the bargain bin for £3 has also made me think it's not of one the games I should have on my account.

Pfft. You know what can be found in bargain bins.
Blur.

That's a lie. It's not a bargain bin, but it's in a "best of" series here, for an equivalent of $3 (not Steam, though).

Arthea

My favorite
EDIT: Top of Page Fun Fact

I have been downloading Agarest War for about a week now.

a week?
how come?

I was going to buy Dirt 3 this time, I thought to myself "finally", and then I realised that it has to be GFWL, that's why I still haven't it. Is it? And what will happen with it, if it is.

Jawmuncher

a week?
how come?

I was going to buy Dirt 3 this time, I thought to myself "finally", and then I realised that it has to be GFWL, that's why I still haven't it. Is it? And what will happen with it, if it is.

I'm in Afghanistan currently and the
*High Speed* internet package for wifi is get this

2 Weeks 35 dollars
Max Speed 256kb

thats if it wants to stay on.
Steam goes back and forth with getting download speeds.

Can't complain to much though better than nothing out here.
I wouldn't have bothered downloading Agarest War but the System Requierements are surprisingly low and my laptop can handle it.
Plus it's a game I actually bought so It's in my backlog which I don't want to swarm me once I get back.

The_Monk

I felt the same thing fellow GAFfer. Is that deal still live? I was more tempted for Dirt2 to be honest but I do share the same worries as you.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
I'm installing Fallout 1 for the hundredth time. I WANT TO HAVE FUN DAMN IT!

Ughhh, it just installed and I don't want to play it anymore D:

Replace "Fallout 1" with any other steam game and it is the same for every one here.

I was about to install a point and click game and then as soon as my mouth hovered over it I didn't want to play it anymore....what's wrong with us D:

This is exactly why I just spent the entire last week installing almost every game in my Steam library (excluding the few that I know I will NEVER want to play). So right at 500 or so are ready to play. Now to whittle down that backlog.

Faux Edit: I am still short on the friends needed for the Steam beta. If any Gaffer would choose to invite me, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Steam ID: jameretief2005

Arthea

I'm in Afghanistan currently and the
*High Speed* internet package for wifi is get this

2 Weeks 35 dollars
Max Speed 256kb

thats if it wants to stay on.
Steam goes back and forth with getting download speeds.

Can't complain to much though better than nothing out here.
I wouldn't have bothered downloading Agarest War but the System Requierements are surprisingly low and my laptop can handle it.
Plus it's a game I actually bought so It's in my backlog which I don't want to swarm me once I get back.

oh man, that's terrible. Put things to perspective, and makes me ashamed of my constant whining about PSN download speeds :)

I felt the same thing fellow GAFfer. Is that deal still live? I was more tempted for Dirt2 to be honest but I do share the same worries as you.

Nope, not anymore, I think. Well, we'll wait for next deal and see what happens to this game and Dirt 2.

Just finished Black Ops 2 on veteran and I went to compare my achievements with the rest of steam to see who had made similar choices and the like and found out that it won't let you compare achievements if you don't own the game(family share with friend) :/ It registers me as having the achievements so it seems a bit silly.

That post credits thing was really weird. In any case, last level was absolute garbage but I was presently surprised by most of the game. Some subtle choices to make that have actual repercussions and being able to choose loadouts was nice. Had a lot of the typical CoD explosions everywhere that got silly after a while. In any case, pretty fun game and I don't regret my time with it. Interested to see out Ghosts turns out although that's not Treyarch and the Infinity Ward games feel quite different in general.

One annoying thing is I set my FOV to 90 in the settings but the game obviously wasn't built around it as often my character's skeleton would poke out.

Xanathus

Hopefully they have a card-based event that jacks up the prices of cards, I've got a ton of them accumulated just waiting for Valve to make them more useful.

FYC

Banned
Just finished Black Ops 2 on veteran and I went to compare my achievements with the rest of steam to see who had made similar choices and the like and found out that it won't let you compare achievements if you don't own the game(family share with friend) :/ It registers me as having the achievements so it seems a bit silly.

That post credits thing was really weird. In any case, last level was absolute garbage but I was presently surprised by most of the game. Some subtle choices to make that have actual repercussions and being able to choose loadouts was nice. Had a lot of the typical CoD explosions everywhere that got silly after a while. In any case, pretty fun game and I don't regret my time with it. Interested to see out Ghosts turns out although that's not Treyarch and the Infinity Ward games feel quite different in general.

One annoying thing is I set my FOV to 90 in the settings but the game obviously wasn't built around it as often my character's skeleton would poke out.

Man I hate Treyarch's love for
Avenged Sevenfold.
As soon as I saw the band walking I just skipped that cutscene. They should get Bolt Thrower or something, they're cool.

I agree that the campaign was pretty neat. Love how many ways the story can play out, even if it's pretty goofy. And the optional rooms with the access kit is a nice touch. Hopefully Ghosts expands on some of the ideas Treyarch introduced.

Wok

Hopefully they have a card-based event that jacks up the prices of cards, I've got a ton of them accumulated just waiting for Valve to make them more useful.

I have 200 cards and I don't idle for cards. So many cards, and almost all of them are worth close to nothing.

MRORANGE

Pfft. You know what can be found in bargain bins.
Blur.

That's a lie. It's not a bargain bin, but it's in a "best of" series here, for an equivalent of $3 (not Steam, though).

I found BLUR to be mediocre at best, If it wasn't for the 4 player split screen I would have called it terrible. I think part of the reason why the game gets so much love is because the studio is now defunct.

- bland selection of cars
- dull and linear tracks
- predictable ai and power ups
- average game modes

The 4 player split screen is good... If it wasn't the fact that control scheme is screwed unless you have 4 360 pads.

I've weighed in on this Black Flag hullabaloo:

With any luck it won't fall on blind eyes.

Heh, didn't even realise that was you Jase. Added it to the op over there to keep everything important or noteworthy near the top, and contacted ubi support over at Facebook and Twitter with a link to the thread. Might also pm a link to one of the support team I see around the forums regularly.

MaLDo

I found BLUR to be mediocre at best, If it wasn't for the 4 player split screen I would have called it terrible. I think part of the reason why the game gets so much love is because the studio is now defunct.

- bland selection of cars
- dull and linear tracks
- predictable ai and power ups
- average game modes

The 4 player split screen is good... If it wasn't the fact that control scheme is screwed unless you have 4 360 pads.

DHtOXCM.gif

Blur, one of the best racing game I've played. Let's go

i3CLGp2Y0ZfI0.gif

Finally got around to playing Arkham City. I had so many issues activating the base game when it first came out, kinda nice to play without GFWL and SecuROM, both of which were huge, huge problems for me.

Hammered through the main game in about 9 hours, didn't spend anytime doing any of the open world activities. Didn't complete many of the Riddler's Challenges (completed all of them in Asylum), didn't chase Zsasz's phone calls, do Bane's barrel hunt or any of that and rather enjoyed myself. I've beaten the main game as Batman but it's currently continuing on as Catwoman, guess I'll finish that bit off tomorrow along with the Harley DLC.

Looking forward to installing my free copy of Origin's later this week.

Jawmuncher

Agarest finally finished downloading and I have to say playing a JRPG on the computer is pretty cool. Definitely hope stuff like this gets more and more common (Which thankfully looks to be the case). Since as many others have said one of the biggest thigs still keeping me on consoles aside from exclusives are the japanese games.

Arthea

Dude, Blur sucks. I talked about it in detail somewhere on GAF.

Can I move to your alternative Universe? I would like to have significant amount of games that makes Blur suck, seriously.

Agarest finally finished downloading and I have to say playing a JRPG on the computer is pretty cool. Definitely hope stuff like this gets more and more common (Which thankfully looks to be the case). Since as many others have said one of the biggest thigs still keeping me on consoles aside from exclusives are the japanese games.

Ya, I want it to happen, but it's not very likely, for more japanese games to be on PC, PC has to be popular as a gaming platform in Japan, and for some weird reason is still isn't.

Jawmuncher

So I have a question about Steam Game Backup.
Since I really don't want to go through a week long download again I was wondering if this is possible...

My brother has my Main PC with my steam account.
Could I technically have my brother download and backup the games I want and then have him send them to be on a disc or HDD. Then use those backup files on my laptop I currently have?

Would I be able to play them just like that? Since if so it would save a lot of hassle and let me knock out some of my backlog.

Ya, I want it to happen, but it's not very likely, for more japanese games to be on PC, PC has to be popular as a gaming platform in Japan, and for some weird reason is still isn't.

Yep still wondering why it hasn't yet after all these years.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
After the WW2 thread im thinking of buying COD2. Anyone know if it holds up?
I want to do this too after all the praise I heard, but it never goes on sale for $5. I refuse to pay more than that for it.

I'm installing Fallout 1 for the hundredth time. I WANT TO HAVE FUN DAMN IT!

Ughhh, it just installed and I don't want to play it anymore D:
I gave up after 10 minutes of starting it. Felt way too dated, and I died pretty fast. Perhaps it would be best to jump right to F2.

Hahaha thanks. Truth be told I've been walking around the house muttering to myself all day like Danny Glover out of Lethal Weapon.

Oh well played! :)

Wish I'd thought of that *grumble*.

After watching that G-Sync video and jumping into the Stanley Parable demo, I honestly can't enjoy it as much, noticing all that tearing where ever I look.

Sorry about the tearing. I played it last night and didn't get any; I'm pretty sure there's an option to help with that. If you turned that on and still got it then I got nothing, sorry :(.

Tizoc

So I've been wondering:
What needs to be done to convince these silly Japanese devs to release some of their titles on Steam?
Cuz imagine having Nippon Ichi's games on Steam like Disgaea, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom