• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Sorry about the tearing. I played it last night and didn't get any; I'm pretty sure there's an option to help with that. If you turned that on and still got it then I got nothing, sorry :(.

Both Vsync On/Off made minimal difference. That G-Sync video made me know where to look. I see it on all my steam games now.

Wonder if I can buy a 21" CRT somewhere.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It's generally thought Fallout 2 has a much harder-to-overcome opening than Fallout 1 with the Temple sequence.

Fallout 1's opening cave, Vault 15 and Shady Sands are all a bit more gradual in comparison.

I'd also highly, highly recommend the community mods that restore cut content, especially for Fallout 2. Fixes so many bugged triggers.

Nillansan

So I've been wondering:
What needs to be done to convince these silly Japanese devs to release some of their titles on Steam?
Cuz imagine having Nippon Ichi's games on Steam like Disgaea, etc.

A well-worded petition might help. I wrote a petition for Vanquish/Bayonetta addressed to SEGA. I am hesitant to submit it as I don't know if it is well-worded.

Jawmuncher

So I've been wondering:
What needs to be done to convince these silly Japanese devs to release some of their titles on Steam?
Cuz imagine having Nippon Ichi's games on Steam like Disgaea, etc.

Was Deadly Premonition and Agarest ever on PC in japan?
Since if not I guess the biggest thing we need is a company to start offering PC Porting to japanese devs for already translated titles.

Pervert.

I am playing it at this very moment

You caught me.
I just got done playing for about an hour myself.

masterkajo

Both Vsync On/Off made minimal difference. That G-Sync video made me know where to look. I see it on all my steam games now.

You could always try D3DOverrider. So far it never let me down even if everything else failed.

Milamber

You cant get tearing if vsync is actually enabled. You are imagining things.

Stutter then, I don't know? When I look to the left & right fast, the vertical lines either go in steps or doesn't move smoothly.

EDIT: I'm seriously new to this, Actually having these things pointed out to me when I never noticed them before is incredibly annoying.

Kifimbo

Sorry if old, but Tetrobot and Co. had a bad first week.

6JIz28B.jpg

derExperte

The first time I heard of Tetrobot was when I saw it on Steam's Coming Soon list a few days before release and I liked Blocks. They failed to built up any excitement or even basic awareness. Stanley Parable getting the spotlight everywhere didn't help of course.

Nabs

I didn't know split/second was on PC :eek: I want to play that.

Doesn't seem to be on steam though :(

Someone at Disney Interactive hates Steam. It's a shame, because S/S was pretty fun. It could have probably sold 408349348x more than it did on D2D and Amazon.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Someone at Disney Interactive hates Steam. It's a shame, because S/S was pretty fun. It could have probably sold 408349348x more than it did on D2D and Amazon.

That and Disney closed down the developer Black Rock Studios(although that doesn't mean Disney can't upload it themselves). Disney just hates gaming in general lately tbh considering that they closed down lucasarts who had some promising titles coming out.

Split/Second is booty though although it had some great ideas.

Oh, I'm sorry Milamber. I haven't seen that video and certainly won't now! Sometimes ignorance is bliss :).

Stutter then, I don't know? When I look to the left & right fast, the vertical lines either go in steps or doesn't move smoothly.

EDIT: I'm seriously new to this, Actually having these things pointed out to me when I never noticed them before is incredibly annoying.

Oh I had some stutter in the demo but that's not unknown to me in games so I didn't have any trouble in ignoring it and still enjoying the demo. I suppose if someone is very invested in tech and/or 'standards' then that would impair their enjoyment [that's not a criticism but just an observation].

Xanathus

Am I seeing things or was the collection £3.12 a second ago? I went to check it out an the price went up to £6.24!
You are right, it looks like they doubled the collection prices after I posted. It probably was a pricing error since the price of the collection was the same as the base game alone. Luckily I managed to get the collection at the old price for $5 haha.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Then you don't have vsync enabled. The whole point of it is to stop tearing.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I was just looking at prices for removed games on SteamTrades. Holy shit. There's a guy selling copies of Saw: The Game (which I thought wasn't a totally terrible game when I rented it on 360) for 60 keys. That's bare minimum $100. WOW.

I got mine for edit: $45 (just checked) as a Steam gift, but that was mid March. The same guy wanted $120+ for James Bond games though (aka hell no).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Heh, didn't even realise that was you Jase. Added it to the op over there to keep everything important or noteworthy near the top, and contacted ubi support over at Facebook and Twitter with a link to the thread. Might also pm a link to one of the support team I see around the forums regularly.

To clarify, Rayman Legends wasn't exactly the same. What happened is that the pre-order sub was universal, but once the game was released, Ubi made a region-locked RU-specific sub and updated the relevant store pages. A similar approach is something that could be applied to Black Flag, albeit during its pre-order period, to reach a compromise.

Edit: I'll add this to my Ubi forum post, too.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Great shame, Tetrobot is far superior to Blocks that Matter (which in itself is a good game). I wonder if the Minecraft/Tetris links in BTM gave that game a lot of awareness that the sequel couldn't exploit.
Debatable. It had a good concept. The Chocolate Castle levels were great. Abilities being locked behind level progression in a way that made trivial objectives in earlier levels completely unachievable (in a puzzle game, for plot reasons—are you joking???) left such a bad taste in my mouth that I still haven't been able to bring myself to finish the main game and my desire for Tetrobot naturally bottomed out.

Does Tetrobot make this same mistake? I might actually pick it up in the winter sale if it doesn't.

DTKT

V-Sync is great but translates into some pretty bad mouse smoothing in some games. I remember MW2 being pretty unplayable(for me) with v-sync enabled.

6JIz28B.jpg

On the one hand I guess its because they didnt build up enough hype. Hell, I even saw it the first time a few days ago when it was released on Steam. They really didnt do good marketing with that.

On the other hand though it could be because, when Blocks that matters was released, it was kinda during the beginning of the indie-scene on Steam. They didnt have much competition and Blocks that matter looked like one of the better indie-games during that time.
Now though you have like (overexagerating) 5 new indie-games every day on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

6JIz28B.jpg

2.5 times the price
looks exactly the same (I know it isn't, but at first glance)
releasing in a month with absurd competition
far more people bought the original than played the original or played a significant amount of the original
no pre-release buzz at all

JaseC

I really wonder if Valve asked the devs to bring all the old games to Steam.

Since 2 weeks there are old games released everyday on Steam.

Btw. they were in an "indie"-bundle IIRC too.

They're TopWare games, so it appears the company is just continuing its recent habit of following in the footsteps of Squeenix. If Valve were being proactive I think we'd see more diversity among the publishers that are gradually bringing their GOG libraries over to Steam (thus far it's just Squeenix, TopWare, and Night Dive). As for Groupees' TopWare bundle, only the base game was included in it, unless you're referring to a different bundle.

Are they good?

No idea. ;)

Twinduct

2.5 times the price
looks exactly the same (I know it isn't, but at first glance)
releasing in a month with absurd competition
far more people bought the original than played the original or played a significant amount of the original
no pre-release buzz at all

Didn't BTM also benefit quite abit from being in bundles before steam release?

Debatable. It had a good concept. The Chocolate Castle levels were great. Abilities being locked behind level progression in a way that made trivial objectives in earlier levels completely unachievable (in a puzzle game, for plot reasons—are you joking???) left such a bad taste in my mouth that I still haven't been able to bring myself to finish the main game and my desire for Tetrobot naturally bottomed out.

Does Tetrobot make this same mistake? I might actually pick it up in the winter sale if it doesn't.

I haven't finished the game so I can't say with certainty, but as of about 75% of the way through there are no abilities in Tetrobot and every secret block is accessible from the moment you see them.

JaseC

Man multiple publishers going to Steam with their classics. I don't mind it, but GOG has to be a little concerned.

Hasbro bringing its D&D stuff to Steam will be a big kick in the nuts, I think. Who knows when that's going to happen, though.

Arthea

Man multiple publishers going to Steam with their classics. I don't mind it, but GOG has to be a little concerned.

I'm not so sure, there are plenty of people preferring no DRM with their games still. But little concern is probably in order, because when I started using steam, I bought no indie games from GOG for example, except for Evoland and Fez.

Chronoja

A GOG / Steam partnership has always been hope of mine. I know they are like the antithesis of each other but imagine if GOG sold an addition steam key for their games for an extra few bucks for those who wanted it. Both services would profit hugely.

/itwillneverhappen

Gbraga

Ugh, I want to get it, but I'm trying to not spend as much money on video games as of recently....
Me too, couldn't resist on The Wolf Among Us and Deadly Premonition though, and since I was already spending I also got Contrast, Marlow Briggs and Arkham Origins.

I need to stop.

About that, what's up with the absence of any sort of promotion on the front page?
It's just because if they did the Steam servers wouldn't handle all the millions of preorders and would shut down forever.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I can think of a lot of old games I'd love to see on Steam, and if they came with HD or updated versions that would even be better. Unfortunately, most of the games I'd like to see will never happen:

Starfleet Command (all versions)
Dungeon Keeper
Master of Magic
Longbow 2.0 (actually all of the old Janes combat sims)
Lemmings
Conquest Frontier Wars

Plus a few Sega games, since Sega seems to be bringing SOME of their stuff to Steam slowly:

Shenmue 1 & 2
Skies of Arcadia
Daytona USA
Crazy Taxi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom