• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
LovingSteam said:
*UPDATE*

Some stuff added to the Registry:

Left 4 Dead 2 10 pack, Deus Ex GOTY 8 pack, Borderlands 8 pack, Half Life 1 10 pack, Penny Arcade complete, League of Legends complete, RUSE 6 pack, Defense Grid 10 pack, Puzzle Quest 2 10 pack.

These are some of the specials we should be expecting.
LoL complete... I don't know. It's free... but on Steam. Oh!

teiresias

Can you buy stuff through the steam website rather than the client? I'm going to be in the middle off an RMA process with my graphics card so I may not have my gaming PC available to get into the client.

Volcynika

teiresias said:
Can you buy stuff through the steam website rather than the client? I'm going to be in the middle off an RMA process with my graphics card so I may not have my gaming PC available to get into the client.

Yep. Login at the top right of the site.

Cru Jones

LovingSteam said:
Yup. Thats what it says. It's the same type of descriptor used for the 4-packs.
Not really. Especially with their recommend feature now. Not only can you recommend a game but you can purchase it (cheaply) for 10 of your closest friends!

steam_1.jpg

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Wait, so NFSHP is actually gonna come to Steam? Because it's right at the top there. I thought it wouldn't come to Steam. Wasn't that what was said on Twitter? Did I miss something?

wmat said:
Wait, so NFSHP is actually gonna come to Steam? Because it's right at the top there. I thought it wouldn't come to Steam. Wasn't that what was said on Twitter? Did I miss something?

Yes, it is. I let it be known a few days ago. Now when its coming is anybody's guess but yea, its coming. Its quite possible that EA is restricting certain games on Steam and giving access to other DD services to try and combat the giant that Steam has become. At least that is my guess. Kinda like 0 day piracy. Let other distributors get some more support and then put it on Steam.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nabs said:
hold on one sec. gonna log into my ubi acct real quick.

ok it wont let me log in. let me search for my order number and try to redownload AC1.

:lol hold up, this can't be real.
Yeah, I am likely going to have to download the the installer or whole game from a Torrent and just toss the No CD Patch when I want to play ACII.

Wait, its Ubisoft crap DRM, maybe I should keep that No CD Patch.

Smash88

Banned
DMczaf said:
HL1 10 Pack?

I don't think I can find that many people who don't have HL1.

I have never played and never owned HL1 or any of those early Valve games. I started with Valve and the Half Life series with 2. Sad I know.

I'm sure there are quite a few people out there that have never played it as well.

I hope!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
shintoki said:
LoL complete... I don't know. It's free... but on Steam. Oh!

Could be the digital CE that has ~20 champs and some runes and stuff. I still think it is weird Valve would put LoL on Steam when they have DotA 2 coming out next year, though. o_O

Archie said:
Could be the digital CE that has ~20 champs and some runes and stuff. I still think it is weird Valve would put LoL on Steam when they have DotA 2 coming out next year, though. o_O

Its actually already on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20590/ on the French store.

It includes:

# 20 playable Champions
# 4 special Summoner Runes
# $10 of Riot Points for use in the Armory
# An exclusive Champion skin, exclusive to retail Annie - The Dark Chil

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Yeah, that's the digital CE.

Also the Mac version of Civ5 is available and it is SteamPlay compatible so yay.

Shaneus

Is TDU2 *actually* active now? My brother just gifted it to me for Christmas but from the email, it looks like it's ready to download and play.

It also says "Your friend has given you a gift subscription to the game Test Drive Unlimited 2 on Steam". Does that mean it's a subscription-based game or is that just generic Steam terminology?

Fredescu

LovingSteam said:
*UPDATE*

Some stuff added to the Registry:

Left 4 Dead 2 10 pack, Deus Ex GOTY 8 pack, Borderlands 8 pack, Half Life 1 10 pack, Penny Arcade complete, League of Legends complete, RUSE 6 pack, Defense Grid 10 pack, Puzzle Quest 2 10 pack.

These are some of the specials we should be expecting.
Holy crap. This next sale is going to be scary.

kamspy said:
Yeah Penumbra should be fine with DRM. Enjoy one of the most unsettling interactive experiences you'll ever have. Great choice.
Just made my way past the first two hatches in the game and I'm impressed. I hope the stealth mechanics are as smooth as the graphics!

thanks

Shaneus

Fredescu said:
Holy crap. This next sale is going to be scary.
AusGAF unite?

PS. Not available to download, just a pre-purchase. Confirmed with my bro. Will be interesting to see the difference b/w the final and the VERY rough beta :lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Penny Arcade compilation, fuck yeah.

I've been expecting that for a while.

Meat Team Comp? As in Compilation?
What did Team Meat made MeatBoy. Are they even the same company? What else did they do?

drizzle said:
Penny Arcade compilation, fuck yeah.

I've been expecting that for a while.

Meat Team Comp? As in Compilation?
What did Team Meat made MeatBoy. Are they even the same company? What else did they do?

Meat Team Comp will just be Meat Boy. That is going up for pre-purchase tomorrow and won't see a sale until Christmas at the earliest.

I hope LoL is added to the international store. It seems to only be available in Europe.

Valru said:
Last time I checked LoL is segregated through multiplayer and distributors depending on region.
What are the regions?

Smash88

Banned
Schmattakopf said:
I hope LoL is added to the international store. It seems to only be available in Europe.

What are the regions?

North America/South America is one region and Europe is another region.

Smash88 said:
North America/South America is one region and Europe is another region.

Its not available in NA, at least not in the US. Its not available in the UK, just France and Germany and maybe Spain I believe. Not sure about SA

Yup but not on Steam. Don't know why but thats what it is. If you go to the steam store and add ?cc=fr to the end of the link, it will take you to the french store and then search for league of legends, it will be there. In the U.S., its just the trailer.

Edit- Scratch that. If you do a search for it, it will come up but if you try to play it you'll receive an error.

LovingSteam said:
Yup but not on Steam. Don't know why but thats what it is. If you go to the steam store and add ?cc=fr to the end of the link, it will take you to the french store and then search for league of legends, it will be there. In the U.S., its just the trailer.

Edit- Scratch that. If you do a search for it, it will come up but if you try to play it you'll receive an error.
Yeah it's available in a bunch of places in Europe, but I though Valru was talking about multiplayer segregation, not availability on Steam.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LovingSteam said:
Yes, it is. I let it be known a few days ago. Now when its coming is anybody's guess but yea, its coming. Its quite possible that EA is restricting certain games on Steam and giving access to other DD services to try and combat the giant that Steam has become. At least that is my guess. Kinda like 0 day piracy. Let other distributors get some more support and then put it on Steam.
Am I remembering wrong or did you say FFVII should be coming soon? Would be nice, seeing as my Retail version is missing a disc.

rogue74 said:
WTF? As I've said, I am new to Steam. What kind of crazy shit goes on during the next couple of weeks? I'm excited.
Here is something i made during the last day of the last Steam sale to illustrate the vibe going on at the time

gaf_24_hours_remain4bykd1p.png

Drkirby said:
Am I remembering wrong or did you say FFVII should be coming soon? Would be nice, seeing as my Retail version is missing a disc.

Didn't say it would be coming soon just that it was added to the registry. This is somewhat different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom