• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

Kifimbo said:
I'm in for a Borderlands 6-pack. How does it work exactly ?
One person buys 6-pack. 5 others send money to the buyer (usually via PayPal). Seller sends gifts after everyone has paid.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The rules say you'll be given the game subscriptions, so that has nothing to do with release date of the game data.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Drkirby said:
Will you play some ProtoGalixy with me?

You mean ProtoGalxoy?
I am downloading right now. No idea whether my ISP is anal about this game or not. Some just dont work.

thy_

Baha said:
Remove some games from your list if it's bigger than 10 titles.

Thanks, Witcher2 appeared after i deleted the 11th game.

Now to test if the list stays the same when I fill up again.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am at school, so I don't know if they will let the game host OK. I can see others games, which is a good sign though (All 4 of them)

stuminus3

Oh no. I just got word this week that my company has been bought by another company, and we don't know what's going to happen in the long term.

But it has begun....

I'm fucked. :-/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Drkirby said:
I am at school, so I don't know if they will let the game host OK. I can see others games, which is a good sign though (All 4 of them)

I saw your game and wanted to join. Gave me the message that it failed locating the game :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, I'll put it back up, I decided to go in game and do the turtoral real quick.

For the options, I feel having all the "free Move" "free curser" stuff is best to all be left off, and senitivty to max. There doesn't seem to be an in game chat saddly, so we would have to use steam's chat. I guess we can make use of the Neogaf Group's chat.

Zachack

Another Alpha Protocol question: If I already own it on 360, but haven't played it, is the PC version significantly better than the 360 version to the point where I should just abandon the 360 version? I did this with Risen (where the difference was pretty severe and I had already played for a while), but going by my New Vegas experience I'm inclined to stick with the generally more stable 360 version if there aren't significant improvements on the PC.

Basically am I really missing anything if I just play the 360 version? A case could be made for Risen and eventually New Vegas (with mods) but is there a significant fan community patching up/de-janking AP?

ne1

The_Technomancer said:
Hey, if I remove say...Hitman: Blood Money from my HD to make space, will Steam keep the save files either on the HD or on the cloud?
They'll be kept on the hdd, but where depends on the game. Most likely somewhere under your documents, I think. Just games that say Steam Cloud on the game page uses the cloud. (And I'm not quite sure if all steam cloud enabled games saves there?)

Darklord

Banned
Made my list. I looked at the fine print. It says the list must be at least 10 items. So many sure you have 5 you want, and 5 extras.

Toma

Drkirby said:
Oh, I'll put it back up, I decided to go in game and do the turtoral real quick.

For the options, I feel having all the "free Move" "free curser" stuff is best to all be left off, and senitivty to max. There doesn't seem to be an in game chat saddly, so we would have to use steam's chat. I guess we can make use of the Neogaf Group's chat.

Failed to locate game.
Failed to locate game.
Failed to locate game.

:( :( :(

I hate this f* ISP here.

Looks kind of interesting though. I really would like to check it out in MP if I can get it to work at some point.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Toma said:
Failed to locate game.
Failed to locate game.
Failed to locate game.

:( :( :(

I hate this f* ISP here.

Looks kind of interesting though. I really would like to check it out in MP if I can get it to work at some point.
How about YOU host :eek:

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ne1 said:
They'll be kept on the hdd, but where depends on the game. Most likely somewhere under your documents, I think. Just games that say Steam Cloud on the game page uses the cloud. (And I'm not quite sure if all steam cloud enabled games saves there?)
K, so when Steam says "this will remove all game files on your computer" it isn't including the saves?

ne1

The_Technomancer said:
K, so when Steam says "this will remove all game files on your computer" it isn't including the saves?
No, I'd say that most likely the save files are safe. But back them up just in case, you never really do know.
They seem to be located in My documents / Hitman Blood Money

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Toma said:
On it. Same thing, neogaf:believe.

Edit: Hosted. Game is open.
Nope. Only server that even gets me a diffrent message is the 23 server, which says it has a password and promts for it. Trying joining the GAF server again?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The_Technomancer said:
Usually, but I'd still check where the saves are first. They may be in the game directory and Steam does usually clear that out.

Toma

Drkirby said:
Nope. Only server that even gets me a diffrent message is the 23 server, which says it has a password and promts for it. Trying joining the GAF server again?

Tried again, same error. Probably error on my side. When I am home in 2 months and you still havent found anyone to play with I'll gladly join you.

sigh..

Sorry

Fjolle

Toma said:
Tried again, same error. Probably error on my side. When I am home in 2 months and you still havent found anyone to play with I'll gladly join you.

sigh..

Sorry
I got the same error :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could be on my part to. I don't know, maybe when there is like 10 of us we can just try every combo and see what works.

Toma

Baha said:
My condolences.

Funny thing that all people here seem to dislike Prototype (never played it) but it actually has 10% more on gamerankings and is not that lowly ranked with 83%. Must be a polarizing game.

Dizzy-4U

Question: I have the steam client at home and at work. I only play at home (except for Torchlight) but I'm starting to download the games at work because the internet connection is much better.

So, If I download games with crazy DRM and then copy the steamapps folder to my computer at home, Do I "lose" 1 activation slot? I don't even boot the games, just installed them and copy the folder to a pendrive.

Games to download: Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age and The Witcher.

vocab

Dizzy-4U said:
Question: I have the steam client at home and at work. I only play at home (except for Torchlight) but I'm starting to download the games at work because the internet connection is much better.

So, If I download games with crazy DRM and then copy the steamapps folder to my computer at home, Do I "lose" 1 activation slot? I don't even boot the games, just installed them and copy the folder to a pendrive.

Games to download: Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age and The Witcher.

Should be fine. Downloading, and activating are completely different. Just don't launch the game.

Also, none of those games have drm so it's fine.

Wanted to add the Settlers 7 Gold to my wishlist for this raffle so bad, but it still has the "must always be online" ubisoft shittastic DRM, and while I can deal with securom, I cannot handle that.

Since not everyone has moved over to the other thread for this ill post in here that I'm interested in joining a borderlands pack.

Edit: My steam name is DUFFMcWALIN if you want to shoot a message or friend request to me.

ne1

platypotamus said:
Wanted to add the Settlers 7 Gold to my wishlist for this raffle so bad, but it still has the "must always be online" ubisoft shittastic DRM, and while I can deal with securom, I cannot handle that.
It's genuinely awful and I'm quite sad that it's keeping me from buying Assassin's Creed 2 (and Brotherhood.)

Yeah, I know at some point though it'll no longer be profitable for them to run the DRM servers. My hope is that when that happens, they'll patch it out, then I'll buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom