• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

I held off Alpha Protocol when it was released because of the poor reviews, but $7.50 is extremely tempting. I see some people here saying $7.50 is still too much. If I typically enjoy wrpgs (liked all of Bethesda and Bioware's output to varying degrees. Enjoyed a lot of the wrpgs this gen from smaller devs as well), why would or wouldn't I like Alpha Protocol?

duckroll

I can't add Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition to my wishlist because it's NOT AVAILABLE IN MY REGION. Wow! :mad:

But DA:O and Awakening are! Wtf!

Salaadin

Teknoman said:
How far along are you? I've been looking for people to join in co-op.

EDIT: Whoo, people buying packs = more co-op :D

A whopping 2.5 hours in. I think I hit level 15 or 16 last night and just finished the
Mine key
quest.

Baha

Resisting the urge to spend anything today, the promotion ends on Monday so there'll be plenty of sales for me to choose from.

MNC

Let's see if I can edit wishlists to some more decent games. There's not alot of things that I want, really.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
kswiston said:
I held off Alpha Protocol when it was released because of the poor reviews, but $7.50 is extremely tempting. I see some people here saying $7.50 is still too much. If I typically enjoy wrpgs (liked all of Bethesda and Bioware's output to varying degrees. Enjoyed a lot of the wrpgs this gen from smaller devs as well), why would or wouldn't I like Alpha Protocol?
One person said it wasn't worth that price and he was wrong.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone else re-order their wishlist and have it show up in the right order on your wishlist screen, but not on the contest screen?

kswiston said:

The shooting isn't great, the combat isn't great, the game's technical performance isn't great, some of the characters are sort of lame. Most distressingly, the game's balance is awful and it's very easy to totally mis-upgrade your character. Focus on stealth+pistols for your first runthrough.

On the other hand, it's a lengthy game with a lot of cool mission designs, some great dialog, neat cinematography, and some good twists in the plot. It's enjoyable from start to finish and the pacing is great. While the Bourne/Bond/Bauer system doesn't quite work, it's still pretty amusing. One of the things that I like the most is that there are no wrong decisions; alienating or befriending a given character or faction is up to you, but no matter what you do you won't be handicapped so you really do have freedom to unfold the game the way you want to.

Examples of just one way you can play your character:Spoiler alert: Agent Michael Thorton is a Psychopath, a comedy video of what happens if you pick all the asshole dialog lines. Much much more sociopathic than Commander Shepard is a Jerk.

LovingSteam said:
I wonder if the wish list contest includes games not out yet like Rage and Portal 2

I was wondering the same thing. Not like any of us have a chance of winning this thing though. Unless they are using style points to decide who wins. In that case it's as good as mine.

thefil said:
How do you change the rank of games in your wishlist?

Drag and drop or change the number next to the game and hit save.

Alpha Protocol's gameplay is generally poor and the writing isn't anything great, but the game is worth that price, especially if you are a RPG fan who likes good choice and consequences system.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
thefil said:
How do you change the rank of games in your wishlist?

Sign in to your account.

Yes, I know you've signed in. But you haven't. Look up to the top of the screen. See how you're not signed in? You have to sign in twice to edit your wishlist.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I put Test Drive Unlimited 2 on my wish list just in case. I figure they'll just pass down to #6 if it isn't allowed. If I screwed myself out of winning, my chances were low anyway.

Dizzy-4U

Joe Molotov said:
My Top 5, just cuz.

top_5.jpg
Hey I wanna play!!!

plmKy.png

3/5....Pretty similar tastes (I already have DA) :)

Joe Molotov

Stumpokapow said:
Anyone else re-order their wishlist and have it show up in the right order on your wishlist screen, but not on the contest screen?

Yeah, it's the same for me. I'm guessing the contest page doesn't update immediately. I hope anyway, I'd be sad if I won, and I ended up getting the crap I had listed as my Top 5. :lol

Baha

Something's up between my actual wish list and the one being shown on the wish list sweepstakes page. Some games aren't being listed despite being in the top 10 (Recettear, Witcher 2 & Dragon Age: UE). What's going on?

[edit] Nvm, it's working now.

thefil

Stumpokapow said:
Sign in to your account.

Yes, I know you've signed in. But you haven't. Look up to the top of the screen. See how you're not signed in? You have to sign in twice to edit your wishlist.

Just doesn't seem to want to work. Very strange. I can't drag anything or change numbers.

ne1

I wonder what their take on preorders are... Most of my top 5 are preorders, some priced, like Test Drive, and some don't, like Portal 2. Probably they'll just look down a notch if a title is uneligeble.

Stumpokapow said:
Yeah, my top 2 are right, but the rest aren't.

Teknoman

Salaadin said:
A whopping 2.5 hours in. I think I hit level 15 or 16 last night and just finished the
Mine key
quest.

Not that much further than me :lol I've had it since launch, but just got back into playing it. Level 24 I think.

Baha

Ok it seems that I had to remove some games in order for the some games that I had ranked higher to even show up in the sweepstakes wishlist ranking. Trimming my list to 10 titles fixed this.

I've got a question if somebody wants to help me out, I've really got no clue on how all this works.

My wife bought Resident Evil 5 through steam when it was on sale for Halloween. She wants to play it Co-op with me.

Right now RE5 is on sale here for $10. If I purchased it from there is there any way I could play it with my wife?

thy_

Stumpokapow said:

My Contest Screen shows the games ranked 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 11, 18, 19, 20, 21. (Out of 21)
I can't get other games to show up, but I can change the positions they have relatively to each other.

Recon

Banned
theMrCravens said:
Can you put pre-orders on the wishlist ?

I mean, stuff like Portal 2 aren't priced yet.
Will they actually gift that ?

I put Witcher 2 on my wishlist, so im guessing as long as its up for pre-order, you can.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I've got a question if somebody wants to help me out, I've really got no clue on how all this works.

My wife bought Resident Evil 5 through steam when it was on sale for Halloween. She wants to play it Co-op with me.

Right now RE5 is on sale here for $10. If I purchased it from there is there any way I could play it with my wife?
Yeah co-op is done through Games For Windows Lives so it doesn't matter where you get the game.

Salaadin

Teknoman said:
Not that much further than me :lol I've had it since launch, but just got back into playing it. Level 24 I think.

Cool. We can definitely co op sometime. Ill warn you in advance: I suck badly. For some reason, this has a different FPS feel to me so that sometimes I feel overwhelmed. I never seem to have enough health packs :lol

EDIT: My wishlist is 16 games long and they all show up fine on the wishlist page and contest page.

thy_

ReconYoda said:
I put Witcher 2 on my wishlist, so im guessing as long as its up for pre-order, you can.

I haven't managed to get Witcher 2 on my Contest Screen eventhough it's Nr 1 on my Wishlist. Portal 2 (which doesn't even has a price yet) appears there.

Baha

thy_ said:
I haven't managed to get Witcher 2 on my Contest Screen eventhough it's Nr 1 on my Wishlist. Portal 2 (which doesn't even has a price yet) appears there.

Remove some games from your list if it's bigger than 10 titles.

GWX

Hylian7 said:
That made me wonder, what happens if you win and ALL of your top 5 are unreleased games (like Portal 2).

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier. I can't find any specific rule about any exceptions for games without release date and/or price specified in the sweepstakes, though.

Groggy

Neo Member
Good day fine ladies and gentleman, I wonder if someone might find it in their heart to gift me Borderlands. My steam username is Bumblebeesare :)

snack

Groggy said:
Good day fine ladies and gentleman, I wonder if someone might find it in their heart to gift me Borderlands. My steam username is Bumblebeesare :)
You could join the 6-pack group buy. Want to join? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom