• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
graywolf323 said:
http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt

a treasure hunt? well at least I already have accomplished two of todays but I don't own the other two games :lol
god damnit

why do they have to do this right as the semester ends and right as cataclysm comes out

Actually, I really like this. It seems fun. I don't like how some of the objectives are game dependent, though. I don't own any of those three games!

Baha

They're even offering tf2 hats :lol :lol . I have 2 of the objectives completed already so that's nice I guess.

Is this some sick voo doo by the Lord Gabe? Come on man! You just had a Thanksgiving sale, there is going to be a holiday sale in a couple weeks. Give a man a break!

graywolf323

oh nice Steam, they are putting the games on sale during the two days they are part of the objectives

still not buying RUSE at that price but for $1.25 I'll grab Chime and try to "Set a leaderbord score of at least 1,124,400 in easy mode for the 'Paul Hartnoll' level in Chime" :lol

Aon said:
75% off Chime seems like a good deal.

So will this replace the X-mas sale do we reckon?

definitely not, with this ending on the 20th I bet the Holiday Sale will start on the 21st

Baha

graywolf323 said:
oh nice Steam, they are putting the four games on sale during the two days they are part of the objectives

still not buying RUSE at that price but for $1.25 I'll grab Chime and try to "Set a leaderbord score of at least 1,124,400 in easy mode for the 'Paul Hartnoll' level in Chime" :lol

definitely not, with this ending on the 20th I bet the Holiday Sale will start on the 21st

Nvm. Misread the post.

Kritz

Banned
This sounds a little sleazy.

But it also seems like a fantastic way to make my wallet ejaculate currency into the throbbing bank account of steam.

... okay, now it sounds really sleazy.

JADS

I am not buying Ruse, but I got Chime for a €1. Dirty Steam, Dirty Valve :lol

Edit: Wait 28 objectives gets you the hat of undeniable health? Sleazy

The M.O.B

Gabe is one sly dude. When I saw the price of Poker Night and Chime, I almost immediately bought them so I could complete the objectives. :D

Joe Molotov

I've already got an avatar and I've done the Poker Night achievement. Will get Chime since it's $1.25. You're not going to trick me into buying RUSE though, Steam.

Wait, I wonder how easy the RUSE achievement is?....oh God, it's really easy....DAMN YOU, GABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baha

Fuck it, I'm gonna see how far I can go without buying any games for this promotion. Unless something I really want to play goes on sale of course.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So they've found a way to get people to actually play the games they buy on steam?

Insidious.

So yea... any idea what this Desert Fox thing is in RUSE? There isn't an achievement labeled that.

Twig

Banned
delirium said:
Then what's the point?
If you like the characters, the dialogue is hilarious.

I hate poker but I bought it for the characters. It's only five bucks. Now it's only THREE bucks. Shrug.

Zzoram

I think this idea is cool. Not interested in games for the first set of tasks, but if I want some of the other games I might do them for more entries into the win games contest.

I really like that they're encouraging people to put avatars on their Steam community pages. I'm tired of looking at a bunch of question marks.

Once valve finds a way to port TF2 hats to all its games and somehow let me use them in my Steam profile I am just going to give them free access to my bank account to make things easier.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
If you like the characters, the dialogue is hilarious.

I hate poker but I bought it for the characters. It's only five bucks. Now it's only THREE bucks. Shrug.
3$ and I only get 3-5 hours of game? Still too expensive.

:(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Poker Night is great - I've put 5 hours into it so far. Lack of multiplayer doesn't really matter to me, since the fun comes from playing with the cast.

Besides, if you want to play multiplayer poker, I hear you can play poker.

Burekma

According to the Sweepstakes you need at least 10 titles on your wishlist again. And the Christmas sale will supposedly start on the 20th.

Joe Molotov

Sinatar said:
So they've found a way to get people to actually play the games they buy on steam?

Insidious.

So yea... any idea what this Desert Fox thing is in RUSE? There isn't an achievement labeled that.

I looked it up on the RUSE wiki.

http://ruse.wikia.com/wiki/Desert_Fox

I'm not sure what "Playing Two Ruses On One Location" entails exactly, but 83% of people have that achievement, so it must be easy as fuck.

Twig

Banned
I didn't realize there were ONLY 28 goals.

That's balls. I thought there were 100 total when I just skimmed over it earlier. One for each game.

Hnngh. Guess no TF2 hats for me. I'm not buying games for that shit.

Spwn

And one thing I love about this campaign is that you don't have to do the tasks again if you've already done them. So most all the objectives will be around games that either use leaderboards or Steam achievements.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Spwn said:
And one thing I love about this campaign is that you don't have to do the tasks again if you've already done them. So most all the objectives will be around games that either use leaderboards or Steam achievements.
How would they track to see if you completed something that isn't a Steam Achievement/Leaderboard?

Joe Molotov

Stallion Free said:
How would they track to see if you completed something that isn't a Steam Achievement/Leaderboard?

Well, they did have that one objective today where you had to create an avatar. Maybe one of the achievements will be "Purchase Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines" and they increase the price to $30. ;)

Spwn

Stallion Free said:

That is why I believe all the objects are tied to achievements and leaderboards. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom