• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksimm

Gaaaaah! Railworks 2, Fallout New Vegas, Cities XL 2011, Civ V
My Steam purchase are killing me, and now I want bloody Batman.

I have such a backlog, I need to take a few months off work. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm just going to continue talking about RailWorks.

Screenshot_OxfordtoPaddington_5174076--126106_15-20-24.png

Screenshot_TestTraK_5111739-622290_08-04-56.png

MNC

Does Railworks have the Nederlandse Spoorwegen in it? Can I really make my own line reenacting the travel I make weekly?

MoFuzz

xKilltheMx said:
Nvidia 8400 GS is the video card, is that dedicated GPU?
Is that even the GPU? lol
Some fourms have said that Securom was taken out of the GOTY Steam version.
8400 GS would be the GPU yes. Unfortunately, that's about on par with on-board Intel graphics offerings. You're probably looking at less than console level performance :(

Struct09 said:
If I already have Batman on Steam, do I essentially already have the GOTY edition? I've looked to see what the differences are, and am not sure if all those extras were free DLC or not.
Extras did not come for free. I believe the GOTY includes a few extra challenge maps (either 2 or 4). They were also available for seperate purchase if you have the MS space bucks. That's about all really.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I'm seriously tempted to double-dip on Batman even though I already finished it on 360. I really enjoyed the game. Doubling up on the achievements might be the excuse I need to do it.
If you've got the rig for it, high resolution + Antialiasing and a constant 60fps with optional PhysX make it look pretty damn nice.

EDIT: Fuck yo couch Diablo!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Archie said:
$60 blah. I'll probably still get it, though.

This time it might actually be worth it. World at War was good fun, and they (allegedly) aren't skipping out on important PC features this time. Considering there is no absolutely benefit to preordering, I'll probably just wait for post-launch impressions before getting the game. It definitely looks pretty good, though.

Also... what's up with this?

"*Call of Duty®: Black Ops requires an initial hard drive space of approximately 24GB to download and install the game via digital download (8GB of compressed files, 8GB of decompressed files and 8GB of installed files). Upon installing the game, 16GB (compressed and decompressed files) may be deleted from the hard drive. Please make note of where the compressed and decompressed files are being saved on your hard drive in order to later locate these temporary files for removal."

Struct09

MoFuzz said:
Extras did not come for free. I believe the GOTY includes a few extra challenge maps (either 2 or 4). They were also available for seperate purchase if you have the MS space bucks. That's about all really.

Cool, thanks.

Also looks like the GOTY edition has a separate achievement list than the original. If I had more time to spare, I would totally double dip just to be an achievement whore :p

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Zefah said:
"*Call of Duty®: Black Ops requires an initial hard drive space of approximately 24GB to download and install the game via digital download (8GB of compressed files, 8GB of decompressed files and 8GB of installed files). Upon installing the game, 16GB (compressed and decompressed files) may be deleted from the hard drive. Please make note of where the compressed and decompressed files are being saved on your hard drive in order to later locate these temporary files for removal."
This sounds like the D2D way of doing things (download zip, uncompress, install from uncompressed, delete original download and decompressed directory) although I can't understand why 8GB of compressed files becomes 8GB of uncompressed becomes 8GB of installed files. Shouldn't apply to steam though, unless they are doing something different specifically for black-ops.

IceMarker

Oh god I'm actually considering pre-ordering Black Ops :lol

I skipped Modern Warfare 2 particularly because I will take Treyarch over Infinity Ward when it comes to CoD.

Darklord said:
$89.99 USD

dontcare037r68.gif
£39.99 in the UK lol, amazing when most pc games here can be found new for £25 or under launch day (outside of starcraft2)

Even game.co.uk of all places is selling the pc version for £30 and being a steam works title just use the key on steam.

Dennis

Banned
Batman AA is an insanely good-looking game.

And the performance is pretty fantastic. Even at 2560x1600 with 4x MSAA I am getting great framerates on a ATI 4870x2.

I want Rocksteady to make more PC games.

MoFuzz

DennisK4 said:
Batman AA is an insanely good-looking game.

And the performance is pretty fantastic. Even at 2560x1600 with 4x MSAA I am getting great framerates on a ATI 4870x2.

I want Rocksteady to make more PC games.
Damn straight. THE posterchild example of how to do a PC port and also one of the finest uses of Unreal Engine 3 to date. Can't wait for Arkham City.

Minsc said:
Disciples 2 will give you nightmares about Spiders. Those things are ridiculously hard at times when they come after you early on.

The difficulty can be brutal at times. It helps to run through the campaigns in order a little I think, because the Empire one gives you healers, which you need to abuse. Keep an enemy alive if it does less damage than your healers can heal, and heal to full before finishing every fight. Mage heroes are the best once you get their level higher, the 2x spells and mass attack ability combined with an instant death item is incredible.

Great, great game, but can be a bit rough to get in to the genre. If you enjoy Disciples 2, you'll probably enjoy Heroes of Might and Magic 2, 3, and 5. And probably Disciples 3, I haven't played that much yet, hoping I notice if it ever goes on sale so I can buy it.
Maybe I'm just remembering wrong but easy mode is not bad at all.

And no @ Disciples III.

Blizzard

Banned
I derailed about a minute away from my destination. I also had some glitch where the bell stayed on non-stop, even after the simulation was over! The graphics look decent, but I would need someone like TheOctagon to figure out the proper combinations of settings to get rid of jaggies, use optimum detail, AND not have flicker/filtering artifacts.

MoFuzz

Rollo Larson said:
do i need the GFWL client installed and running for arkham asylum?
Yep, no way to get around it. You can create an offline profile if you don't have an existing hotmail/live account, but regardless you have to sign in every damn time you want to play.

Once you sign in the first time it can automaticly do it every time you boot a gfwl title, just like for example having steam auto start on windows boot up.

Just in case, this is not the gfwl client which you can run to buy games, that doesn't need to be on your pc at all, the game itself will have the live stuff built in (accessed by pressing the Home key ingame)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Stop bitching about GFWL and just play the amazing fucking game.

Also, the main page being dominated by COD is nothing new. Every single new "AAA" Steamworks game has received and add just like that. Mafia II, and New Vegas immediately come to mind.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Puzzle Bots is also supposed to be good. Anyone checked it out?
Oh and any opinions about that 2€ Diablo Clone from people who played it?

Edit: Bought both and could give impressions tomorrow if anyone cares.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the DogFighter info. I'll have to take a look.

Big-E said:
So Numen is on sale for 2 bucks, is it worth it? I really don't need another game right now but 2 bucks...
I bought it without trying the demo, but you're welcome to try the demo that I think is on Steam. :)

Joe Molotov

Lego Universe is now available...somewhere.

Apparently not in the United States. There's a news item for it saying that it's been released, and it shows up in the "Coming Soon" section, but when you click on it, it says "Not Available in Your Region".

Joe Molotov said:
Lego Universe is now available...somewhere.

Apparently not in the United States. There's a news item for it saying that it's been released, and it shows up in the "Coming Soon" section, but when you click on it, it says "Not Available in Your Region".

Available in the UK right now: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=UK

You can see other regions store by replacing the UK with a specific country abbreviation.

It'll be released on Steam in US next week most likely.

Fewr

Toma said:
Puzzle Bots is also supposed to be good. Anyone checked it out?
Oh and any opinions about that 2€ Diablo Clone from people who played it?

Edit: Bought both and could give impressions tomorrow if anyone cares.
I care. What games is the cheapo Diablo Clone?

Blizzard

Banned
Volcynika said:
Numen: Contest of Heroes or something.
I haven't tried it yet (I bought it without trying the demo), but Baha hated the controls, so beware -- try the demo lest you regret your $2 I guess? :lol I'll report back if I get around to installing it.

Joe Molotov

Blizzard said:
I haven't tried it yet (I bought it without trying the demo), but Baha hated the controls, so beware -- try the demo lest you regret your $2 I guess? :lol I'll report back if I get around to installing it.

Think of the box of cereal you could have eaten instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom