• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, this week is THQ week, and today the Red Faction games are 75% off... Guerrilla for US$5 is mighty tempting, although it will probably run like crap on my laptop :lol

Tenks

Anyone know the THQ sales for the rest of the week? Not sure if Steam is still really bad about poorly hiding their secrets or not.

X05 said:
So, this week is THQ week, and today the Red Faction games are 75% off... Guerrilla for US$5 is mighty tempting, although it will probably run like crap on my laptop :lol
I paid $5 (£3.50 or so) last year on D2D for red faction and I've still not got around to playing it dispite downloading it and sticking it on my backup hdd :lol re-buying it on steam for convenience is mighty tempting.

*edit* oh nice red faction 1 and 2 for just over a quid, only ever played them like twice, ever, and one of those times was a friends copy on pc.

Polk

Tenks said:
Anyone know the THQ sales for the rest of the week? Not sure if Steam is still really bad about poorly hiding their secrets or not.
Let me think.
W40K
Titan Quest Gold
COH Complete
Metro 2033
THQ Complete for weekend :)

Rich!

Still hopelessly waiting for 360 gamepad support in the Steam menu. Sucks having to keep using a wireless keyboard to select what game I want to play when gamepad support could be implemented so easily.

graywolf323

I'll grab Dogfighter at that price, seemed pretty fun in the demo

Impulse just got Dragon Age II up for preorder so I would think Steam will get it not too far from now (definitely before the Signature Edition ends)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
richisawesome said:
Still hopelessly waiting for 360 gamepad support in the Steam menu. Sucks having to keep using a wireless keyboard to select what game I want to play when gamepad support could be implemented so easily.
Onlive did a really slick implementation of this (you can try the program and game demos for free now).

stuminus3

Dagnamit, I just bought the THQ complete pack not too long ago at full price, I thought it was a bargain even at it's regular price for all that juice but of course their games would go on sale shortly afterwards...

Will I ever learn?

No, I probably won't.

I'll for sure grab the other STALKER games if they go on sale (THQ complete only has SoC) but they were on sale for dirt cheap not too long ago and I missed it.

stuminus3 said:
Dagnamit, I just bought the THQ complete pack not too long ago at full price

Seriously, from my anecdotal not really counting observations, THQ complete pack is the single most listed item in Steam sales.

It usually goes up at the same (cheap) price, and just adds more and more games each time it does.

stuminus3 said:
I'll for sure grab the other STALKER games if they go on sale (THQ complete only has SoC) but they were on sale for dirt cheap not too long ago and I missed it.
If you bought all three games at full price, its still a steal. Call of Pripyat is really great.

Avyrocky

Banned
Is there a licence revoking tool for steam games?

For example Arkham Asylum had 4 max installs on Steam, could I use the tool to re-vitalise my installs from scratch?

Just like the licence revoking tool for other retail EA games?

confused

Banned
Avyrocky said:

For example Arkham Asylum had 4 max installs on Steam, could I use the tool to re-vitalise my installs from scratch?

Library > Tools > Batman Arkham Asylum Liscense revokal tool

And yes, it works how you think it does

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
No, there isn't because Steam doesn't have licenses. That's GFWL or SecuROM (can't remember which), you'd need to contact them or use their tool.

Avyrocky said:

It is game by game basis in respect with their respective DRMs. There is no such a thing as a "Steam" revoke.

Batman AA has a revolking tool, just check your Steam tool bar.

Polk said:
Let me think.
W40K
Titan Quest Gold
COH Complete
Metro 2033
THQ Complete for weekend :)

Just guesses? or confirmed?

You list them like they are guesses, but the list is almost for sure to be true (or VERY close), that I figure I should ask :p

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Stallion Free said:
Red Faction Guerilla is awesome, runs awesome in DX9 mode, and looks awesome.
The post patch PC port is so good. I double dipped and I haven't bothered going back to the 360 version.

Volcynika

Nobiru said:
Just guesses? or confirmed?

You list them like they are guesses, but the list is almost for sure to be true (or VERY close), that I figure I should ask :p

There doesn't seem to be a way to tell what the future deals will be, the banner images and such are not marked specifically (like thq_monday.jpg, though the little one in the upper right might be), but the future images are just not on their server.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
so i'm assuming RFG runs well now. gonna have to buy it. was a little worried that thq sandbox ports wouldn't hold up when i heard the saints row 2 port was horrible.

gotta love steam sales tho ..fantastic

webrunner

SapientWolf said:
The post patch PC port is so good. I double dipped and I haven't bothered going back to the 360 version.

The patch didn't fix some issues with older ATI cards (such as the journal freezing the game) , just a notice to people. I'm just lucky I have an nVidia laptop.

Shaneus

How much is RFG in the US store going for again? I think Australians are getting ripped off again... $17.49 WITH the discount :lol
Lucky I already have it from another sale.

nexen

Red Faction 1 work ok on Steam with Win7 64 bit and a modern video card? I had to jump through some serious hoops to get the disc version to work.

Baha

Fuck, I've got to stop spending money on steam. I know Guerrilla is worth it but how are Red Faction 1 & 2 on windows 7 64?

Ihya

Red Faction Guerrilla is worth the money. Had great fun with that, after getting through a few odd difficulty spikes early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom