• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truespeed said:
Has GTA San Andreas ever been lower than $3.74?
Nope, the last Rockstar sale had it at the same price. Does it need to be lower? I bought it for $20 at Walmart three years ago, and I considered it a deal then. I double dipped again so that I don't have to pull out the disk. Jesus, Steam has made me so lazy.

Nabs said:
The dark side almost had me.

You know you want to be one of the cool kids. Come on man.

0.jpg

I'm so disappointed with the PC versions of the GTA games - forcing vsync with D3DOverrider is borked so you either have to suffer with 300fps with tearing or the in-game 'frame rate limiter' which caps it at a juddering 30fps (or 25fps if it's San Andreas). Disgusting.

Bought Alternativa.

Haven't got that far yet but the only real cons so far are some strange English sometimes from the translation. Nothing terrible and deal breaking though.

Really like the dystopian setting and the story seem to be interesting so far.

The puzzles have been fairly straightforward so far but like I said I haven't gotten that far yet.

IceMarker

I'm sure this has been asked before but I just want to clarify for myself. I'm looking for buy Black Ops like many of you are, but I'm a little tight on cash.

How do I get it on the Direct2Drive deal and would I be able to have it on my Steam account as if I bought it from the Steam store itself?

MrMister said:
I'm sure this has been asked before but I just want to clarify for myself. I'm looking for buy Black Ops like many of you are, but I'm a little tight on cash.

How do I get it on the Direct2Drive deal and would I be able to have it on my Steam account as if I bought it from the Steam store itself?

Enter bigsavings under promo code on direct 2 drive when you pick up Black Ops.

When it is time they will give you a CD key, Which you enter in steam and it will be tied to your account foreverrrrrrr

IceMarker

Discotheque said:

When it is time they will give you a CD key, Which you enter in steam and it will be tied to your account foreverrrrrrr
Can I install the game now or do I have to wait for the CD Key?

IceMarker

Discotheque said:
I think you can download the data, but you'll still have to wait for the cd key to unlock the whole thing and stuff.
Alright thanks! Purchasing now! Can't wait for Tuesday! :D

EDIT: Okay so this is my first ever purchase from D2D, but yeah it's letting me download the pre-load and I have to wait for the key, for $44 it's worth it. TUESDAY CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH.

A warning about Alternativa. I started to get problems with my monitor shutting itself off and on again. No proof it was Alternativa but I uninstalled it and reinstalled my drivers and now the problem has disappeared. Not gonna take the chance by reinstalling it though.

(._.)

Banned
I played Shattered Horizon a couple months back during a free weekend. I recall thinking how unentertaining it was. It handled fairly weird. Sort of floaty but locked down like a lot of modern shooters these days. The maps I was on were kinda meh also. Felt like a huge killbox. Was expecting something far more intense.

legend166

So does Black Ops have dedicated servers? I haven't paid any attention to it because I had no intention of buying, but forty five bucks is nice. Actually, even cheaper in australia now :lol

Parham

Banned
legend166 said:
So does Black Ops have dedicated servers? I haven't paid any attention to it because I had no intention of buying, but forty five bucks is nice. Actually, even cheaper in australia now :lol
Yes, it does.

(._.)

Banned
Discotheque said:

Oh wow, tempted to buy now. In the end though it is really just $5 off.

Mohonky

Need a little help. Need an American to gift a copy of L4D2 on steam to a friend of mine. We're both Aussie so we can only get the shitty censored version, I've already got my copy but I need someone to gift a copy to my friend. Will pay for it of course. PM me if you can help.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I'm so disappointed with the PC versions of the GTA games - forcing vsync with D3DOverrider is borked so you either have to suffer with 300fps with tearing or the in-game 'frame rate limiter' which caps it at a juddering 30fps (or 25fps if it's San Andreas). Disgusting.
Longshot but maybe see if there's a mod that fixes it. Some people are pretty crafty.

Mohonky said:
Need a little help. Need an American to gift a copy of L4D2 on steam to a friend of mine. We're both Aussie so we can only get the shitty censored version, I've already got my copy but I need someone to gift a copy to my friend. Will pay for it of course. PM me if you can help.

Yeah, I need this too.

Salaadin

Shaneus said:
Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it DO IT, EVERYONE!

Seriously. I paid full price for JC2 and its worth every penny. Best sandbox game that Ive ever played.
Steamworks is icing on the cake too.

So I just noticed 'the club' is on steam for 10 euros. Does anyone know if the PC version is any good? And does it support the 360 pad?

Fallout-NL said:
So I just noticed 'the club' is on steam for 10 euros. Does anyone know if the PC version is any good? And does it support the 360 pad?

Fine in terms of performance and 360 controller support. Don't expect to play online or with a kb&m though.

Kritz said:
What an assload of shit Steam has become thanks to regional pricing. Seriously, the fuck?
I don't buy on Steam unless it's a sale. Good thing an increasing bunch of retail games are steamworks too.

Shaneus

Phife Dawg said:
I don't buy on Steam unless it's a sale. Good thing an increasing bunch of retail games are steamworks too.
Even when some games are "on sale" in AU they're still more expensive than regular US pricing :lol

legend166

Just to let people know, the Australian dollar is actually worth MORE than the US dollar right now.

So, uh, look on the bright side guys. That $90US game? We're only paying $88AU :lol

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
legend166 said:
Just to let people know, the Australian dollar is actually worth MORE than the US dollar right now.

So, uh, look on the bright side guys. That $90US game? We're only paying $88AU :lol

And if someone in NA buys a 60 dollar game for you you really end up paying <60 right?

Question about D2D. Bought Black ops from there but it won't give me the key for the game till Tues. at 7am. It is trying to get me to preload but i want the key to input it into steam, then preload it. That's the correct way of doing it right? So i have to wait till Tues. at 7am to actually load and play the game?

zombieshavebrains said:
And if someone in NA buys a 60 dollar game for you you really end up paying <60 right?

Question about D2D. Bought Black ops from there but it won't give me the key for the game till Tues. at 7am. It is trying to get me to preload but i want the key to input it into steam, then preload it. That's the correct way of doing it right? So i have to wait till Tues. at 7am to actually load and play the game?
Just pre load the game off of direct2drive, thats what I did. It just downloads all the install files, which you just click the setup exe like normal, and input your key during that setup process. You still have to wait for a key on tuesday, but at least you wont have to wait for it to download on release day :D

MoFuzz

brain_stew said:
Fine in terms of performance and 360 controller support. Don't expect to play online or with a kb&m though.
There's issues with both? I heard that was some big snafu with the GFWL implementation, but M&K doesn't work either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom