• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Meat Boy doesn't have cloud saves!!?!???

ALL MY PROGRESS ;_;

I had 70+ bandages and was almost done with the game, but I had to re-install steam. SMB wasn't one of the games I backed up, because I assumed it had cloud based saves.

:(

I'd say the campaign is worth $7.50 or less. It was short and the first level kind of stinks but other than that it was pretty enjoyable, and this is coming from someone who got sick the first day because of all the brown (i know it's the middle east) overwhelming my senses.

Just stay away from the multi. Good lord what a gigantic unbalanced mess that was.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I've got a feeling that some of the updates included legit updates on top of the potato foolishness.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
shintoki said:
No it's not. Campaign is a 4 hour crash course of everything derivative of COD.
For someone who likes to play through the CoD campaigns but hates the over the top stories, crazy coincidences, contrived shock scenes, and plot points, I found it more enjoyable than the average CoD.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Super Meat Boy isn't even updating for me. I can't even play it. I'm getting the "No Steam content servers are currently configured to deliver content for this game. This will be corrected soon. Please try again in a few minutes."

EDIT
Amnesia: The Dark Descent isn't launching either.

Did Steam cut the April Fool's updates?

EDIT 2
Decided to switch servers. It was set to Pittsburgh and switched to Chicago (weird considering I'm about 30 miles from Chicago). Everything is updating fine now

stuminus3

Wait a minute... is Steam legitimately downloading update that are that big? It can't possibly be. I thought the file sizes were a joke. I'm in Canada too, I have a bandwidth cap, and I have pretty much every indie game mentioned so far... d'oh...

stuminus3 said:
Wait a minute... is Steam legitimately downloading update that are that big? It can't possibly be. I thought the file sizes were a joke. I'm in Canada too, I have a bandwidth cap, and I have pretty much every indie game mentioned so far... d'oh...

You're not able to sign up with an indie ISP where you live?

Shaneus

Has anyone actually seen it download these updates or are they just seeing them as finished in the download queue? I guess it's possible that that's the joke in that they make people think they've downloaded an update but they haven't?

Bravo if so.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Shaneus said:
Has anyone actually seen it download these updates or are they just seeing them as finished in the download queue? I guess it's possible that that's the joke in that they make people think they've downloaded an update but they haven't?

Bravo if so.

I was watching the Super Meat Boy patch install in my games library list. It took awhile too.

Shaneus said:

Bravo if so.

i was watching my network monitor as they updated... nothing fake about them

Conceptor

Lyphen said:
Nah, it'd just be better if they straight up didn't do it so I don't end up wasting bandwidth while I'm in my living room studying for finals.

I feel you :(. Luckily I'm at school so the games downloaded off the internet here. Ah if there really is an Amnesia ARG it'll be a good time as any for me to finally play it.

desu

crimsonheadGCN said:
The developers of The Ball have said that there's more to the update, but they're being tight lipped currently about what else was changed.

I hope its nothing lame that will just trigger for a few hours when half of the world is sleeping...

stuminus3

10 games currently updating at once. Damnit. If there's more to this, it better be good.

EDIT: d'oh, now I'm up to 11 games updating at once. I wonder how many are getting these updates in total? Not all games have that #Potato patch note thing to search for.

plc268

It seems like most of these patches are legitimate patches that were saved for April 1st. The joke is really the patch notes.

Super Meat Boy, for example, added Super Meat World which is a new stage with a ton more levels.

Nabs

"1...2...3...Kick It" got added to Steam. $5 bucks.

The Potato Sack is $38.
header_586x192.jpg

Killing Floor, AudioSurf, The Wonderful End of the World, AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity , 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby), Defense Grid: The Awakening, Cogs, The Ball, Toki Tori, RUSH, Super Meat Boy, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, BIT.TRIP BEAT

lololol just noticed the TF2 hat.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Plus, if you buy this pack (or have all 13 of these games in your account) you get a potato hat in Team Fortress 2! (Potato hat available after April 5th).

GABEEEEE
MEF0l.gif

kamspy

Happy I don't play TF2 during times like this. Everyone on Steam GAF has all or most of these games, so the hat is obviously the draw here. TF2 just doesn't have the class for me. I just want to be a boring ass assault guy with a regular ass assault rifle. Maybe there's a class that can provide me that experience? I haven't played in about a year. My favorite guns in MP FPS are 3 round burst ARs.

PaulLFC

Nice deal, I already own most of the games in the pack though. I think Kick It, The Ball and The Wonderful End of The World are the only ones that I don't have.

Joe Molotov said:
I'm now an admin if anyone else wants an invite.

According to Steam I have 249 games, my profile is here if that's worthy of an invite :)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I've been enjoying Darkspore, but I fucking hate (HATE) games that don't let you start over.

Fuck your persistent bullshit. Give me a New Game option.

kamspy

K.Jack said:
I've been enjoying Darkspore, but I fucking hate (HATE) games that don't let you start over.

Fuck your persistent bullshit. Give me a New Game option.

Any tips before I start?

Nabs said:

The Potato Sack is $38.
http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/subs/7586/header_586x192.jpg
Killing Floor, AudioSurf, The Wonderful End of the World, AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity , 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby), Defense Grid: The Awakening, Cogs, The Ball, Toki Tori, RUSH, Super Meat Boy, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, BIT.TRIP BEAT

I don't own a single one of those games! Justice has been served for not putting Bloodlines on sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I might just pick up Amnesia and Super Meat Boy on their own. That pack doesn't really seem worth it. The other games (except perhaps The Ball) don't particularly appeal to me, barring AudioSurf and Toki Tori, which I already own.

An-Det

The only ones I dont have are The Ball and 123 Kick It, but if I can get those for cheaper during a mega sale and still get the hat, I'll just do that.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I'm broke thanks to Crysis 2 and Portal 2, but if not I would be all over that pack :/

Weenerz

Banned
Fuck! I need this TF2 hat, looks like I'm getting the potato sack (I know I have most of those games!)

So if I just buy the games that I don't own instead of that entire package, will I still get the TF2 hat?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nabs said:

The Potato Sack is $38.
header_586x192.jpg

I don't need a Potato hat, I don't need a Potato hat...

AcridMeat

Banned
Weenerz said:
Fuck! I need this TF2 hat, looks like I'm getting the potato sack (I know I have most of those games!)

So if I just buy the games that I don't own instead of that entire package, will I still get the TF2 hat?

Yes, you evil person. :p

plc268 said:
Note:

You can gift copies of games you already have in this pack.

Tempting for me, but $38 may be too steep.

Wow. I have 11 of the 13 games. But I could buy just to get a hat and to give away the games. Hmmm.

Or, I could buy the 2 games I don't have and then get the hat.

About the Game
Already own one or more of the games in this pack? Not to worry, you can give your extra copy of any game in this pack to a friend.

Plus, if you buy this pack (or have all 13 of these games in your account) you get a potato hat in Team Fortress 2! (Potato hat available after April 5th).

K701

Banned
Just bought 1.. 2.. 3.. kick it.

HOLY SHIT WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. I KNOW IT'S ALPHA BUT HAVE SOME QUALITY CONTROL, JESUS! I GUESS THAT MAKES ME AN APRIL FOOL FOR BUYING THIS SHIT.

1. Flash menus.
2. Can't adjust resolution.
3. Have to put music in game's specific music folder, can't browse your own folders.

Played for about 20 seconds before I said fuck it, I'm not fucking playing this in 640 x 480 or whatever ridiculous resolution it runs in.

Sanic

$38 is a bit steep considering I won't play half of those games, but does anyone here play Killing Floor? Is it active and fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom