• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Molotov said:
I'm now an admin if anyone else wants an invite.

ZndJR.jpg

Wouldn't mind an invite, if you would be so kind.
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ninja_kn1ght

Relax.MX

Jzero15 said:
Should i get Super Meat Boy Right now or when it gets cheaper?
Yes i'm that fucken cheap

Is worth even without any discount

Buy it...

Maybe i go for Defense Grid: The Awakening

Just a heads up. Amazon is selling a download version of Homefront for $38 with a $15 credit, and the code works on steam.

I'm a little tempted but not interested in multiplayer and everyone says the campaign is shitty and really short. Feels like it'll be $20 or less on the steam summer sale.

link in case anyone happens to be interested http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NBZBME/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Snuggler said:
If you were me, would you get Torchlight or Reccetear? It's a tough call.

Torchlight! The game is the closest an ARPG has gotten to the feel of Diablo II (not counting multiplayer). Reccetear is good, but it didn't hold my interest for more than 4 hours.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Lasthope106 said:
Torchlight! The game is the closest an ARPG has gotten to the feel of Diablo II (not counting multiplayer). Reccetear is good, but it didn't hold my interest for more than 4 hours.

Too late, I just bought Recetear :(. Oh well, I'll get Torchlight eventually. I went with Recetear just because I don't really have anything else like it in my library right now. Plus, being a PC gamer now I don't get to play very many Japanese games.

fuckin better be good dammit

sambo

Neo Member
Potato Pack purchased!

I think the greatest thing I've ever done for a friend is gift them Super Meat Boy.

Oh - and DINO-D-DAY IS OUT!

Weenerz

Banned
- 1... 2... 3... KICK IT!
- BIT.TRIP BEAT
- Cogs
- Defense Grid: The Awakening
- The Wonderful End of the World

All I was missing from the Potato Pack, also picked up Nimbus because I see a few people on my friends list playing it, and it looked decent. Yay TF2 hat!

bakeray

If anyone buys this and has an extra copy of Super Meat Boy or Killing Floor let me know and i'll throw you a few bucks for them, whatever you think's fair.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Weenerz said:
I always forget, but how do I check how many games I own on Steam? I have to have passed 300.

look at your community profile, it'll have a link that'll say 'view all _ games"

_ will be your number

Mine says 85 but there are several demos and for some reason CIV4 has uninstalled copies of the main game and a few of the expansion packs. I wish it didn't do that.

Weenerz

Banned
Damn, only 296!

Also, has anyone had an issue with the potato hat? I triple checked that I have every game on the list, but when I launch TF2, it doesn't give me the hat =(

So (and I had the same question when the Indie Potato Pack popped up during the Winter sale), why "potato"? I feel like I must be missing something obvious. Is it just because they're funny-looking?

Echoplx

Weenerz said:
Damn, only 296!

Also, has anyone had an issue with the potato hat? I triple checked that I have every game on the list, but when I launch TF2, it doesn't give me the hat =(

It says on the store 'Hat available after April 5th'

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
slidewinder said:
So (and I had the same question when the Indie Potato Pack popped up during the Winter sale), why "potato"? I feel like I must be missing something obvious. Is it just because they're funny-looking?
If you're asking why it's called the "Potato Pack", my guess is because all the games have some sort of potato gag.

HmbaQ.jpg

UognTl.jpg

MLhsQl.jpg

9SdA9l.jpg

8ieYJl.jpg

oOlXNl.jpg

If you're asking why they chose a potato as the gag, no idea.... ^_^

Aselith

Snuggler said:
look at your community profile, it'll have a link that'll say 'view all _ games"

_ will be your number

Mine says 85 but there are several demos and for some reason CIV4 has uninstalled copies of the main game and a few of the expansion packs. I wish it didn't do that.

Those are the Mac versions.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Exuro said:
Have they still not fixed that?

I guess not. I figured they were the Mac versions, but I have no need for them. Obviously it's a silly thing to be bothered by but in Details view I have to see the greyed out copies and in Grid view I have to see repeats of the same icon. I'm a little OCD so it would be great to be able to remove that stuff.

Jzero

So Super Potato Boy was way worth the price.

Update: This game is awesome but playing with a keyboard is a carpal tunnel magnet
LLShC.gif

Killthee said:
If you're asking why they chose a potato as the gag, no idea.... ^_^
Yeah, that was my question. I thought there might be some significance to it beyond the hilarity inherent to potatoes, but I guess not.

Cipherr

Can anyone recommend some steam games with good online multi? I play a good deal of TF2 (but ironically, Im not interested in any FPS) and like multiplayer competitive titles. Looking to add a few more steam purchases. There was a game that was talked about in a thread on gaf that was a Medevil Norse esque looking game. But Ive forgotten the name of it, plus I'm looking for more than one title if possible.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Stallion Free said:
I want to slit my wrists after reading this.

"As a swashbuckling archaeologist working on the slopes of a dormant volcano somewhere in Mexico, you get stuck in a cavern. It doesn’t take long before you realize this is more than just a cave. You reveal ancient ruins that have been hidden from outsiders for centuries and discover a mysterious artifact, a gold and metal shelled Ball. As you progress towards solving the mystery of this amazing place you must unlock the secrets of the Ball and learn to control this ancient artifact. Venturing deeper into the volcano, you reveal some of mankind’s greatest secrets and you will start to encounter not just puzzles and traps, but also various strange creatures – the guardians of this mystery. These creatures have to be overcome, using only the Ball to defend you."

Did you play uncharted?

zombieshavebrains said:
"As a swashbuckling archaeologist working on the slopes of a dormant volcano somewhere in Mexico, you get stuck in a cavern. It doesn’t take long before you realize this is more than just a cave. You reveal ancient ruins that have been hidden from outsiders for centuries and discover a mysterious artifact, a gold and metal shelled Ball. As you progress towards solving the mystery of this amazing place you must unlock the secrets of the Ball and learn to control this ancient artifact. Venturing deeper into the volcano, you reveal some of mankind’s greatest secrets and you will start to encounter not just puzzles and traps, but also various strange creatures – the guardians of this mystery. These creatures have to be overcome, using only the Ball to defend you."

Did you play uncharted?

Are you ignoring the "using only the Ball to defend you" part? Everything else sounds like every game that takes place in an ancient tomb ever.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
HadesGigas said:
Are you ignoring the "using only the Ball to defend you" part? Everything else sounds like every game that takes place in an ancient tomb ever.

Okay Uncharted with a ball...is it worth the money? No one has been able to answer that yet, even the guy who has suicidal thoughts after reading an internet post.

zombieshavebrains said:
Okay Uncharted with a ball...is it worth the money? No one has been able to answer that yet, even the guy who has suicidal thoughts after reading an internet post.

It's good, basically you have a giant ball and a gun type thing that can control it, you use the ball to solve puzzles and squash shit. I'm pretty sure there's a demo.

MNC

slidewinder said:
Yeah, that was my question. I thought there might be some significance to it beyond the hilarity inherent to potatoes, but I guess not.
The rumors started around the Christmas Sales, with the potato pack. Where *that* potato came from, no idea. Or like the real set, maybe it has to do with a potato sack. But these gags originate from that rumor of a pack.

Firehead

JADS said:
Happy Potato day GAF!

untitlediycz.png

Drop me a PM if you want any of these games, first come first served. One per user please.
PMed! I've missed all of Amnesia's sales, really want to play that game.

Edit:

Thanks again! Can't wait to play it. :D

Sanic

JADS said:
Happy Potato day GAF!

untitlediycz.png

Drop me a PM if you want any of these games, first come first served. One per user please.

Edit: Bit.Trip and Amnesia are gone

PM sent for Killing floor. Even if I don't get it, you're awesome for doing this.

edit: thanks!

Ledsen

JADS said:
Happy Potato day GAF!

untitlediycz.png

Edit: Bit.Trip, Amnesia AaaaAAa and Audiosurf are gone.

PM sent for SMB

Saty

JADS said:
Happy Potato day GAF!

untitlediycz.png

Edit: Bit.Trip, Amnesia AaaaAAa and Audiosurf are gone.
PM sent for Toki Tori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom