• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JADS

Sorry to those I haven't been able to PM yet, all games are gone. GAF seems to have a limit when it comes to sending PMs. If you haven't received a message yet, you where sadly too late. Happy Potato day!

Edit: 1-D_FTW please message me on steam. Steam got a bit glitchy and I am not sure if I added you correctly.

scitek

bigace33 said:
That's a good deal. I loved this game until I played Black Ops. After playing Black Ops Medal of Honor not only looked horrible, but it just felt like a knock off. Not a bad game for that price though.

I thought the campaign was pretty good. Didn't get into the multiplayer much, though.

Sanic

PedroLumpy said:
I just checked, it's definitely still active enough.

Appreciate the response. I have the game now thanks to JADS, so i'm looking forward to jumping in as soon as it finishes downloading. If only someone could gift me a faster internet connection ;p

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Davidion said:
Nimbus is class. Sayin'
people really need to start acknowledging this. alot of people. atleast enough to bankroll whatever noumenon decide to do next.

This is fucking hilarious:

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/120343/jutland-pack-stormpowered-client-released

Storm Eagle Studios now offers Ship Pack 2: Dogger Bank for JUTLAND, their World War I naval combat simulator. The new pack "includes 225 new beautifully rendered, historically accurate 3D ship models, featuring the long awaited 1915 German Capital Ships., one full year 1915 campaign, one full month Dogger Bank campaign, and several stand alone scenarios." This can be acquired by their new digital delivery client, called STORMPOWERED, which earns them this year's odd planning award, as announcing their Steam-like client with a Steam-like name on April Fools' Day was probably not optimal timing. You can get STORMPOWERED from their Store Page, and here's word on what it offers:

Play all your games from any STORMPOWERED PC
Play games Off-line
Anti-Theft Lock Feature
Auto Restore Game Library
Auto Activation
No License # to remember
Much More!
Complete Store/Game Lib./Community Integration

And this is not an April Fools joke.

Shaneus

Wait... a game launcher called "Stormpowered" released on the same day as April Fool's that currently supports a single game?
Bahahaha. That's amazing.

Forkball

So my harddrive crashed so I get to spend today reinstalling my games and transferring my saves and settings. HOORAY. At least I'm greeted by an interesting sale.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, every time Amnesia goes on sale I have to go through the same dilemma. I know the game is awesome, but I also know that there is a 90% chance I will wuss out and never finish the game, if even get half way. I could barely make it through the demo without shitting myself.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Datwheezy said:
Damn, every time Amnesia goes on sale I have to go through the same dilemma. I know the game is awesome, but I also know that there is a 90% chance I will wuss out and never finish the game, if even get half way. I could barely make it through the demo without shitting myself.

Just man up and play with all the lights off and a set of headphones on.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
zombieshavebrains said:
Just man up and play with all the lights off and a set of headphones on.

CGVOG.jpg

MNC

Uhh, wtf

Price outside of bundle €68, 87
Bundle price €137, 87
Sale price €34, 47

So the only use is either buying this sale or all games individually?

Mrbob

You get a bigger discount for buying the bundle. 75 percent off for the whole bundle or 50 percent off each game individually.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Shurs said:
Just picked up Amnesia.

better pick up some pampers too, that shit is scary

Anyways, Recettear is gold. I think I played it for about 5 hours straight last night. Just brought in a haul of phat loot from a dungeon. It's designed in such a wonderfully addictive way. Switching back and forth between plundering dungeons and making cash at the store is so much fun and I always gotta do just one more day. Damn.

Shurs

Snuggler said:
better pick up some pampers too, that shit is scary

I'm waiting until it's dark to play it.

This is the first "real" PC game I've purchased since I got my new computer a few weeks ago.

I'm super excited.

theBishop

Banned
I really wish i could play Penumbra and Amnesia with a gamepad. Surround sound was made for Horror games, and surround sound is in the livingroom.

Forkball said:
So my harddrive crashed so I get to spend today reinstalling my games and transferring my saves and settings. HOORAY. At least I'm greeted by an interesting sale.
You need to kills some zombies to relax.

Sanic

Anywhere I can get a cheap(er) copy of Left 4 Dead 1 or 2? I'm having a bit of a zombie binge today and feel like I need to get one or both, but I know they'll be on sale for like 75% off sooner rather than later on steam, so i'm trying to see if anyone is selling it anywhere for under msrp.

Forkball

speculawyer said:
You need to kills some zombies to relax.
You are my hero.

Also I noticed that if you reinstall Steam or the games, your screenshots don't become backgrounds for the games on your Library page. If you take new ones they do, however. Right now I'm stuck with a boring picture on TF2 because I was trying to compare and adjust my graphics settings.

ArjanN

theBishop said:
I really wish i could play Penumbra and Amnesia with a gamepad. Surround sound was made for Horror games, and surround sound is in the livingroom.

The controls for those games really weren't meant for a gamepad though.

stuminus3

theBishop said:
You can if you want. You can play anything you like on PC with a controller if you want. Just grab Xpadder or something like that. I wouldn't recommend Amnesia with a pad though, the mouse control is designed to simulate arm movement, using an analog stick doesn't work as well.

Now, Amnesia played with something like Kinect, that would be cool.

1-D_FTW

stuminus3 said:
You can if you want. You can play anything you like on PC with a controller if you want. Just grab Xpadder or something like that. I wouldn't recommend Amnesia with a pad though, the mouse control is designed to simulate arm movement, using an analog stick doesn't work as well.

Now, Amnesia played with something like Kinect, that would be cool.

I wonder how it would work with the Razer Hydra.

I wonder if the Hydra is still planning to release with Portal 2. I doubt it.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Steam servers must be having problems today. I'm trying to redownload some of my GTAIV files and it keeps being suspended. I tried DC and czech republic and restarting steam but to no avail.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
How the hell do I DL the ME1 DLC when I can't even connect to the login site to register my D2D provided serial? Anyone help me on this?

Really wish there was a Dead Rising 2 sale. I'm surprised that game hasn't had a big price drop like so many other releases around that time. Medal of Honor is $7.50 at D2D right now and came out a month after DR2. What's going on?

theBishop said:
I play PC games in the living room. I have a ATI5770 card hooked up to a 1080p HDTV and I sit on the floor leaning against a couch and play with keyboard & mouse on a coffee table. It works OK. I'll play many games with the controller but if keyboard and mouse are better, they are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom