• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Heavy said:
Really wish there was a Dead Rising 2 sale. I'm surprised that game hasn't had a big price drop like so many other releases around that time. Medal of Honor is $7.50 at D2D right now and came out a month after DR2. What's going on?

Capcom.

Heavy said:
Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops (April 5) http://store.steampowered.com/app/92700/?snr=1_4_4__13

The First Templar (May 12) http://store.steampowered.com/app/57680/?snr=1_5_9__13

Is the fact that I'm finding out about these games just now mean I'm ignorant or is stuff like this common? Both of these titles seem to have nice production values yet I had no idea they existed before clicking the Coming Soon tab a minute ago.

I've seen First Templar ads in magazines for a long time now but I always confused it with the (better looking) atlus game. The screenshots for first templar do not look good at all and the video wasn't much kinder.

But I'm with you on that other one. I only noticed it the other day when it was on the front page of Steam, but it looks kind of bad as well. Also, holy shit at the minimum processor specs for it. 3.2ghz or better :eek: I'm hoping that's not accurate

MNC said:
Are you fucking kidding me Valve? Damn I love you guys! :D

pretty interesting stuff, weird videos on a web site and a letter about some incident involving strange lights signed "G. Freeman". It seems to me that the community is being a little slower to react to this one than the Portal one, though.

Snuggler said:
Recettear is gold. I think I played it for about 5 hours straight last night. Just brought in a haul of phat loot from a dungeon. It's designed in such a wonderfully addictive way. Switching back and forth between plundering dungeons and making cash at the store is so much fun and I always gotta do just one more day. Damn.
why aren't we best friends yet?

Pretty interesting drama on the ARG. Now, some people are of the opinion that the sarah fincher website (or whatever that name was) is actually an ARG for a book series with a new entry coming out. The interesting thing is that if they just straight up put in the G Freeman stuff to leech some of half life's popularity, that's bizarre as hell. If that's the case, people are thinking that it's unrelated, and the "Raven" stuff is actually an ARG for a new Frictional Games (Amnesia) title. It's all kind of a big mess right now.

There's an IRC channel linked in that wiki I posted, where internet detectives are trying to figure this all out. I usually don't do IRC's, and probably wouldn't have anything to contribute anyway, so I'm leaving them to their work.

Ionic

theinfinityissue said:
So... the potato day stuff seems to be turning into a Half life universe ARG.

http://valvearg.info/wiki/Valve_ARG_Wiki

nywemu.jpg

Salsa

Feel like replaying FarCry, but with everything at Max settings i still get some ugly textures and pop-in. Any must have graphical mod that im missing ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
theinfinityissue said:
So... the potato day stuff seems to be turning into a Half life universe ARG.

http://valvearg.info/wiki/Valve_ARG_Wiki

wat.

Edit: My guess is this is the thing Valve said they'd put out to bridge the time gap between the end of the original Portal and the beginning of Portal 2. If this ended up relating to Episode Three, the internet would explode, and Valve sure wouldn't want that!

Salsa

Also im having this issue with Bit.Trip.Beat where the sound is slightly off. I remember from the wiiware version that there was a sound when you hit the blocks coming at you, but i dont get nothing when hitting them. It actually makes a sound when the bits fly through the edge of the screen (like a second after hitting it). Might sound like a small deal but it kinda fucks your timing in a game where it is much required.

any ideas ? reinstalling did nothing

SalsaShark said:
Also im having this issue with Bit.Trip.Beat where the sound is slightly off. I remember from the wiiware version that there was a sound when you hit the blocks coming at you, but i dont get nothing when hitting them. It actually makes a sound when the bits fly through the edge of the screen (like a second after hitting it). Might sound like a small deal but it kinda fucks your timing in a game where it is much required.

any ideas ? reinstalling did nothing

Try lowering your audio hardware acceleration to basic.

camerooni

Neo Member
Can anyone confirm for me that The Witcher 2 has been removed from sale from Steam for Australians? Has it run afoul of our R18+ shenanigans?

Noticed there was no price next to the listing in my wishlist like all the other games..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
camerooni said:
Can anyone confirm for me that The Witcher 2 has been removed from sale from Steam for Australians? Has it run afoul of our R18+ shenanigans?

Noticed there was no price next to the listing in my wishlist like all the other games..

Yeah, it's gone. All I get are the trailer and the original game:

qHWyH.png

(Edit: Added screenshot.)

ManeKast

camerooni said:

This item is currently unavailable in your region............. looks like a bad sign.

Echoplx

That's weird, I'm in Aus and pre-ordered the game a while back, hopefully it doesn't get pulled.

EDIT: Just messaged a Namco-Bandai rep on OCAU and asked him what's going on, also asked for any news on retail Steam integration.

1-D_FTW

I've progressed to the start of the 3rd world in Nimbus. Can definitely give it a recommendation now.

Whoever said it would be considered a 16 bit classic had it been released in the past is probably right. Old school charm with a dash of modern day physics. Two thumbs up.

Even though it's nothing like Uniracers, it gives me a similar vibe for some odd reason. Maybe because they're both bright and awesome.

markot

Banned
3chopl0x said:
That's weird, I'm in Aus and pre-ordered the game a while back, hopefully it doesn't get pulled.

EDIT: Just messaged a Namco-Bandai rep on OCAU and asked him what's going on, also asked for any news on retail Steam integration.
My guess? REGIONAL PRICINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Exuro

3chopl0x said:

That is weird. Didn't he say that the Australian version wouldn't be censored? Maybe he meant it wouldn't get released. :p But really, this isn't good. I'm hoping this is a hiccup in the system.

They may just be repricing it, which still isn't good but better than having the game removed.

Echoplx

Exuro said:
That is weird. Didn't he say that the Australian version wouldn't be censored? Maybe he meant it wouldn't get released. :p But really, this isn't good. I'm hoping this is a hiccup in the system.

They may just be repricing it, which still isn't good but better than having the game removed.

He actually said specifically that the AU version would NOT be censored, so hopefully that's still true.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showpost.php?p=13026218&postcount=500

Exuro

Hmm I would give it a few hours. They may just be pricing it? Or at least that's what I'm hearing it is. Not sure how long Steam would take for something like that. I'm really hoping it's that , as the OCAU sponser said it wouldn't be censored and he's the same guy that said retail would have steam integration.

Echoplx

Exuro said:
Hmm I would give it a few hours. They may just be pricing it? Or at least that's what I'm hearing it is. Not sure how long Steam would take for something like that. I'm really hoping it's that , as the OCAU sponser said it wouldn't be censored and he's the same guy that said retail would have steam integration.

Hey Exuro! I'm SilverSilence on OCAU :p

Tim-E

If you pre-ordered 1...2...3... Kick It! on Dejobaan's website, you now can get a Steam key free if you e-mail your receipt to their support e-mail.

Echoplx

Exuro said:
Ah, you asked the sponsor a few days ago right? Wonder if he'll ever reply.

Yes that was me, and i asked again this afternoon but I assume he won't reply till tomorrow seeing as it's the weekend.

Darklord

Banned
camerooni said:

Mortal Kombat and The Witcher 2? No way can the Government be that cruel.

Surely not...

IceMarker

I hope the 'potato updates' give us clues to Half-Life 3/Ep 3... then again Portal 2 might end up being one big hint for that in itself.

Drkirby said:
My be is the ARG is a April Fools joke.

That's kind of the impression I'm starting to get. The stuff added in is so small, especially in relation to the huge changes to the original Portal during that ARG. I really thought about making a new topic about it to drum up interest, but kinda don't feel like having egg on my face when it turns out to be just Valve trolling. The link to that website about the book seems at this point to be unrelated (although still strange, why else would there be stuff about black mesa and gordon freeman there?), but people have noticed a new raven in the ending to Portal which must have been implemented in a stealth update. Apparently it wasn't there before, and looking at the old AND new Portal endings confirms that it's a new addition. I'm about to see it for myself, as I don't really have anything else to do on a sunday afternoon.

That whole website they found is unrelated to the Potato day thing. I think people are blowing this out of proportion. There's some new stuff in Amnesia but I don't think it has much to with a game-wide conspiracy theory thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom