• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheExodu5 said:
Hope the mods don't mind me posting this here...move it to the FREE thread if you prefer having it there.

Anyways, I'm giving away a bunch of games from the Potato Sack + Portal. All I ask is this: tell me the name of the game you want, and post a picture of your pc + pc gaming setup.

Here are the games to be given away:
Defense Grid if it's still available or Killing Floor if not.

http://imgur.com/a/VMWoY
(Prepare to be disappointed)

EDIT: Steam name is Houston3000

TheExodu5 said:
@rataplein Bah, that's not a mess! Defense Grid coming your way.

@Houston3000 Killing Floor coming! Nice headphones!
You're a great man... a scholar and a saint!

Sorry about the sideways PC (it's not actually sideways) and about the scratched up dusty desk and PC tower. I know you were hoping for something amazing but it works and is comfortable! When I get out of this shitty Brooklyn apartment maybe I'll care enough to set it up all nice and pretty :p

EDIT: Headphones are Audio Technica ATH-AD700s. Got 'em a couple years ago, they're amazing... only a hundred bucks to!

Luigi87

TheExodu5 said:
Hope the mods don't mind me posting this here...move it to the FREE thread if you prefer having it there.

Anyways, I'm giving away a bunch of games from the Potato Sack + Portal. All I ask is this: tell me the name of the game you want, and post a picture of your pc + pc gaming setup.

Could I perhaps have Audiosurf, please?

Pic 1

Pic 2

Edit: Thanks!

TheExodu5 said:

Audiosurf please sir.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4362068571_c92009503a_z.jpg

edit: beaten

Is rush still available?

Blizzard

Banned
LordPhoque said:
Tried to buy Bioshock 2 two hours ago, it didn't work, I had some error message during the purchase.
But now I just received a Paypal email saying that my payment has been sent to Steam blabla. I checked on my bank account, it's true. Actually they took 10€. And I still don't have Bioshock 2. Wtf is that ? :(
Make a Steam support account if you don't have one, and submit a question. They should get it handled (and if you're lucky maybe you'll still get the sale price :p). Just be careful to go through the support route instead of through Paypal so Valve doesn't disable your entire account without warning.

I come home to the Magicka pack and Bioshock 2 both on sale -- couldn't ask for a better start to the evening. And I've been actually wanting to play both of them and was holding off until the summer sale. Right now works at these prices though! GG Steam Marketing/Price setting people.

Blizzard said:
Make a Steam support account if you don't have one, and submit a question. They should get it handled (and if you're lucky maybe you'll still get the sale price :p). Just be careful to go through the support route instead of through Paypal so Valve doesn't disable your entire account without warning.

Yeah I just did that. Not the first time I'm getting errors message during a purchase though. But usually they don't take the money.

The first time I tried with paypal > error message. The second time I directly typed my credit card number > error. But the money was apparently taken both times. This explains why I'm missing 10€ but I still don't have my game :/

camerooni

Neo Member
TheExodu5 said:

My gaming pc (indeed my whole house) is currently sitting in a container somewhere in Canberra awaiting my arrival.. Will this image of a Seminal Australian Classic suffice for RUSH ;) If not - I have a photo of my bunny rabbits! Fat Princess and Mr Gracie (He was meant to be a girl lol)

http://i.imgur.com/oxxvX.jpg

TheExodu5

Banned
camerooni said:
My gaming pc (indeed my whole house) is currently sitting in a container somewhere in Canberra awaiting my arrival.. Will this image of a Seminal Australian Classic suffice for RUSH ;) If not - I have a photo of my bunny rabbits! Fat Princess and Mr Gracie (He was meant to be a girl lol)

http://i.imgur.com/oxxvX.jpg

RUSH is yours...for the bunny rabbit pics!

camerooni

Neo Member
LordPhoque said:
But the money was apparently taken both times. This explains why I'm missing 10€ but I still don't have my game :/

Sometimes the credit card companies put a 'hold' as the first step of the transaction but if it doesn't complete it releases it after a certain amount of time.. You might be right without needing to contact valve or your bank.

Gribbix

Archie said:
SSFIV coming to Steam is most likely a given, but I'm worried that will use GFWL (not that I have any concrete evidence, I'm just pessimistic)
Every internally developed Capcom game since Lost Planet: Colonies Edition has been a GFWL title. I'd be genuinely surprised if SSFIV isn't a GFWL title.

camerooni

Neo Member
TheExodu5 said:
You need to feed her more cake, or she might run away! PM'ing.

Thanks mate, you're a legend.
I knew I had bunnies for something other than cuddles and them eating through the power cable to my television :p

IrishNinja

aw man, i keep missing super meat boy! its what i get for passing on the christmas sale.

OH SNAP bioshock two is five dollahs people, pretty sure no one's mentioned that yet

TheExodu5

Banned
IrishNinja said:
aw man, i keep missing super meat boy! its what i get for passing on the christmas sale.

OH SNAP bioshock two is five dollahs people, pretty sure no one's mentioned that yet

More like OH SNAP Super Meat Boy is $7.50! Get that before you get Bioshock!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Oh man. I just booted up Bioshock 2 and it's making my eyes/head feel -really- weird. I've never had any issues playing games before. It might be the field of view fucking with me. I can't play it like this. I feel like my head is going to split when I look around in the game.

Blizzard

Banned
Stahsky said:
Oh man. I just booted up Bioshock 2 and it's making my eyes/head feel -really- weird. I've never had any issues playing games before. It might be the field of view fucking with me. I can't play it like this. I feel like my head is going to split when I look around in the game.
Might be the field of view? I don't know what config file you need to edit to change it though.

Also, I'm not a fan of expansion packs or DLC, but I finally gave the Magicka demo a try, and even in singleplayer it's fun. The controls may be horrible but I liked the effects and the idea of combining different elements enough that I bought the whole complete pack. :p

Blizzard

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
I find the Magicka controls to be absolutely perfect. I was really surprised at how good it felt.
Mostly I don't like holding down the mouse button to move since I feel like it can make my hand/wrist hurt. I like the auto-heal option on the TF2 medic for instance.

itxaka

Defeatist
TheExodu5 said:
I find the Magicka controls to be absolutely perfect. I was really surprised at how good it felt.

totally. I had a difficult time at first as it seemed like an awful lot of controls. But now it just clicks with me.

I still have issue with the shift key though. I can't stop blowing myself lol

In other news, PORTAL 2 IS PRELOADING BITCHES!

camerooni

Neo Member
Did we ever find out what happened with the Witcher 2 Steam release in Australia?

Did one of our a*hole local publishers buy the local rights including digital distribution and is waiting until closer to release to put it up at twice the previous price it was selling for?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Mio Akiyama said:
I will trade someone the humble indie bundle for some of the potato sack games!

How much did you pay for the bundle? Just so I can gauge the value of the trade.

Blizzard said:
Mostly I don't like holding down the mouse button to move since I feel like it can make my hand/wrist hurt. I like the auto-heal option on the TF2 medic for instance.

I keep accidently hitting the middle mouse button when casting offensive spells. It's actually quite comical..

1-D_FTW

LordPhoque said:
Yeah I just did that. Not the first time I'm getting errors message during a purchase though. But usually they don't take the money.

The first time I tried with paypal > error message. The second time I directly typed my credit card number > error. But the money was apparently taken both times. This explains why I'm missing 10€ but I still don't have my game :/

I had an error message during my Bioshock 2 purchase.

This is why I've gone to purchasing exclusively through Steam Wallet. I suppose you could get an issue while loading money, but it's unlikely. Especially if you load at random times and not after a popular sale has begun and servers are getting a little hammered.

Yasser

Blizzard said:
yeah, i find keeping the lmb pressed to move just plain uncomfortable. gonna try playing with a 360 controller and see how that feels

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
How long is Magicka Complete on sale for? I really want it but won't have funds until tomorrow :/ I really want Vietnam, the trailer looks awesome.

ANYONE!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom