• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are you willing to be the one who pays the $80 and for me to give you $40 via Paypal Gift? I am running a bit low on cash due to having to replace my headphones.

LiquidMetal14 said:
How long is Magicka Complete on sale for? I really want it but won't have funds until tomorrow :/ I really want Vietnam, the trailer looks awesome.

ANYONE!??!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5271/
Midweek Madness - Magicka Complete Pack
Announcement - Valve
Save 50% on the Magicka Complete Pack in this week's Midweek Madness!

The Complete Pack includes the smash hit fantasy adventure game, the Wizard's Survival Kit, and the just released Magicka: Vietnam!

The Magicka 4-Pack and base game are also available at 50% off.

Offer ends this Thursday at 4pm PST.

:)

MDSLKTR

Anybody interested in gifting me bioshock 2 while it's on sale in exchange for a steam activation of just cause 2?
I would have bought it now but my CC got frauded and I received a new one this week, didn't have time to add it on my steam account yet (edit: I can't do it in a web browser and I can't install steam at work). The code for JC2 came in with my graphic card but I didn't use it because I already own the game thanks to the square enix pack.

Drkirby said:
Are you willing to be the one who pays the $80 and for me to give you $40 via Paypal Gift? I am running a bit low on cash due to having to replace my headphones.

fine with me, PM your steam name.

TheExodu5

Banned
What's the price on the Magicka 4-pack, and does it include the expansion? I already have it, but I want to get some friends to buy it.

Darklord said:
Is Magicka worth playing if I only play it by myself?

I guess. It can be a bit frustrating, as you can't save during a chapter (it saves per chapter). And if you die, you have to go back to a checkpoint, whereas in multi you can get rezzed by your friends. I'd recommend playing with others, but still a really fun game.

TheExodu5 said:
What's the price on the Magicka 4-pack, and does it include the expansion? I already have it, but I want to get some friends to buy it.

15 dollars, but it doesn't have the expansion

MedIC86

Hmm i bought Bioshock 2, i played it a while back at a friends house wasnt really into it, but for 5 euro, damn no choice..

FUUUU steam

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Speaking of Portal 1, I still have a copy to give out. PM me your email or your Steam name and I'll get it off to you this afternoon.

bigace33

MDSLKTR said:
Anybody interested in gifting me bioshock 2 while it's on sale in exchange for a steam activation of just cause 2?
I would have bought it now but my CC got frauded and I received a new one this week, didn't have time to add it on my steam account yet (edit: I can't do it in a web browser and I can't install steam at work). The code for JC2 came in with my graphic card but I didn't use it because I already own the game thanks to the square enix pack.
In other words you are exchanging JC2 for Bio 2? If so I'd be willing to do that. PM your steam ID and I'll give you mine.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, asked this before but I'll ask it again, would anyone be willing to Trade me The Ball for a copy of Just Cause 2.

morningbus

bigace33 said:
I downloaded Mafia 2 off of Amazon, now how do I register it at steam? I know how to make shortcuts through steam but I have never registered a game that I have not bought from steam on steam.

You downloaded a file from Amazon? Try running that file and inserting any kind of key that may have been emailed to you. It should install and register to your Steam account like a retail disc.

Failing that, try entering the key into Steam under "Add Games > Register Product on Steam" and it should begin the download process.

bigace33

morningbus said:
You downloaded a file from Amazon? Try running that file and inserting any kind of key that may have been emailed to you. It should install and register to your Steam account like a retail disc.

Failing that, try entering the key into Steam under "Add Games > Register Product on Steam" and it should begin the download process.
That worked like a charm, downloading now. Thanks MB.

bigace33

MD, your name is not showing on my friends list. It says you were added but it's not giving me the option to gift you in particular as you are not showing on my list. Can I just add your email in that option and send it before the sale is over? lol the clock is ticking and I really don't want to pay full price for this game.

morningbus

Enco said:
So you have to register it through GFWL and not Steam?

If so, no buy from me.

Well, it's technically both. It's forever tied to your Steam account, but to play the game you'll need to sign into your GFW account.

adg1034

A request for people who have preloaded Portal 2:

Due to forces beyond my control, my home internet connection is a tethered Droid, which limits my internet activity like you wouldn't believe. However, for obvious reasons, I still wish to play Portal 2. I'm preordering in the next day or so, and I've worked it out with a friend to have them copy the relevant files onto an extremely large flash drive, but first, I want to make sure I know what the relevant files are. I'm sure there's going to be a Portal 2 folder in the \Steam\Steamapps\[username] directory, but what about .gcf files in the main Steamapps directory? What's been updated? Are there now numerous "Source 2011"-titled files in there, like there were numerous Source 2007 files for the original Orange Box release?

morningbus

You should be fine with copying whatever resides in the /steamapps directory. I'd suggest that you transfer the folder over while Steam is closed, start Steam, then verify integrity. It'll probably only have to download a few ks worth of files after that.

This is from my own experience of moving my Steam installation from an older computer to a new one, then from the C: drive to a separate partition. So it should work for you, too.

Zomba13

adg1034 said:
A request for people who have preloaded Portal 2:

Due to forces beyond my control, my home internet connection is a tethered Droid, which limits my internet activity like you wouldn't believe. However, for obvious reasons, I still wish to play Portal 2. I'm preordering in the next day or so, and I've worked it out with a friend to have them copy the relevant files onto an extremely large flash drive, but first, I want to make sure I know what the relevant files are. I'm sure there's going to be a Portal 2 folder in the \Steam\Steamapps\[username] directory, but what about .gcf files in the main Steamapps directory? What's been updated? Are there now numerous "Source 2011"-titled files in there, like there were numerous Source 2007 files for the original Orange Box release?
The way me and my old flatmate did this was one guy download the game, then copy the entire game folder from the steamapps folder (so the whole Portal 2 folder) and the .gcf. Then if there was anything missing it was usually small enough to be downloaded in a few seconds.
The stuff to let you play a preloaded game is just a decryption and a few small files as far as I know so that's usually very small.

adg1034

I get that, but since there's no actual Portal 2 folder (as all Valve games have the vast majority of their content in .gcfs in the main Steamapps directory), I want to make sure I get everything. The original Portal had Portal Content.gcf and Portal English.gcf, but also relied on files in Source 2007 Shared Materials.gcf, Source 2007 Shared Models.gcf, etc. I'm looking for equivalents for this time around.

I'm not worried about downloading the files necessary to decrypt.

Darklord said:
Is Magicka worth playing if I only play it by myself?

I suggest you try the demo. It showed me a game that could be very fun with multiplayer but was quite frustrating on your own. Since I pretty much stick to single-player gaming I gave it a pass. You might like it more on your own than I did.

kswiston

I went ahead and purchased a Portal 2 two-pack. Still looking for someone to take the second copy off my hands ($40). PM if interested.

EDIT: Claimed, pending Payment.

morningbus

adg1034 said:
I get that, but since there's no actual Portal 2 folder (as all Valve games have the vast majority of their content in .gcfs in the main Steamapps directory), I want to make sure I get everything. The original Portal had Portal Content.gcf and Portal English.gcf, but also relied on files in Source 2007 Shared Materials.gcf, Source 2007 Shared Models.gcf, etc. I'm looking for equivalents for this time around.

I'm not worried about downloading the files necessary to decrypt.

I'm not at my computer to check, but there is most certainly a single folder which contains the majority of the files for Portal 2. Anything that isn't there should be a relatively small download.

I'll check later if someone hasn't provided a better answer.

adg1034

morningbus said:
I'm not at my computer to check, but there is most certainly a single folder which contains the majority of the files for Portal 2. Anything that isn't there should be a relatively small download.

I'll check later if someone hasn't provided a better answer.

If Valve's creating game-specific folders in the main Steamapps directory, that's new. From what I'm looking at, they've never consolidated .gcfs into folders like that before.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
How much is the 2-pack in US fantasy money?

edit: Portal, i mean.

Pandoracell said:
Borderlands + Borderlands GOTY + ALL DLC 75% off!

Shit!

I platinum'd the vanilla game on PS3 during a rental, then bought it on 360 and spent a few hours with it. Ended up buying ALL DLC on 360 over time but have yet to play through them. Now it looks like I probably never will, I'd much rather experience it all on PC. Damn nice sales 2K, good show.

Lime said:
lol Borderlands Vanilla + DLC is cheaper than the GOTY version.

Interesting, what region? For me, Borderlands vanilla ($4.99) + DLC ($7.49) > GOTY ($7.50).

or did you just not see the sale price on the GOTY version?

Burekma

Anyone doing a Borderlands GOTY 4-pack? I would be very interested. As long as he's from the US, of course. Us Europeans are getting raped on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom