• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Anilusion said:
If you purchase GTA4 Complete Collection and already have GTA4 on your account, do you get an extra copy to gift?

You mean GTAIV complete? I don't think it does, since it's handled as a single game with all three campaigns selectable from the main menu, rather than a package with the main game and the Episodes from Liberty City collection included separately.

Nothing for me today. The game is awesome but I already have Episodes for my Liberty City fix and I don't have much desire to play IV again.

Hey guys I bought Bully yesterday in the sale. Im having some problems though I downloaded the game but anytime I try to play it the game won't launch at all. Anyone know the cause of this. Im using Windows 7 64 bit.

WTF GTA4 complete is a 32GB download?!?!?!?!
Vpokn.gif
Vpokn.gif
Vpokn.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
InertiaXr said:
Does GTA4 Steam version allow mods?

It seems that it doesn't. I know the ENB series doesn't work at all, and I can't seem to get Reality IV to work with it either. I can't speak for the rest of the mods, but it seems like the Steam version isn't a good choice if you're interested in using mods with the game. Which is a shame, since I'd like to try some out.

Kenichi

Neo Member
So I purchased GTA episodes from liberty city over the christmas sale, but I have be unable to get the game running at any sort of reasonable frame rate. I believe I meet the minimum system requirements, and I haven't had any problems running any other PC games; however, GTA is simply a slide show. Are there any special settings or tweaks that I can use to make the game run better or should I just chalk it up to a poor port/purchasing decision?

my system specs:
operating system: windows 7
cpu: amd quadcore 2.8 ghz athlon IIX4 630
ram: 4gb ddr3
graphics card: 1 gb Radeon HD 5670

Thanks!

InertiaXr

Snuggler said:
It seems that it doesn't. I know the ENB series doesn't work at all, and I can't seem to get Reality IV to work with it either. I can't speak for the rest of the mods, but it seems like the Steam version isn't a good choice if you're interested in using mods with the game. Which is a shame, since I'd like to try some out.

Well that sucks, I have no interest in playing the GTA 4 campaign without mods. Do you know if other types of mods will work? I'm not necessarily looking for a full graphic overhaul like ENB, just real cars and weapons and that's about it.

I'm going to get this anyways, I want to play through the episodes I've heard they are much better than the base game which I played through on 360 back at release.

LyR

Banned
I already had GTA4 > seeing complete edition 75% off > buys without thinking > checks the sale again > scrolls down a bit and sees that the separate episodes are also 75% off ...

derp

(lost 1,25€ !!)

Shadybiz

Well, Steam's about to get another 10 bucks from me. I gave away my 360 copy a while ago, and never played the DLC. All of a sudden I've got a hankering, so I've got to satisfy it. Great deal though!

Echoplx

3chopl0x said:
:/ GTA3/VC/SA don't work at all on my PC, as soon as i load a new game my screen just goes black.

Ok it seems the games run with the frame limiter on, but that means 25FPS.. Any known fix for this?

Also Vice City can run my native res of 2560x1440 but San Andreas can't wtf??

nyong

Banned
Sweeeeet. I've been waiting forever for Episodes to go on sale. I'm going to be kicking myself for weeks for not jumping on the Mafia 2 DLC sale too....this game has so much awesome.

Vlodril

Last few days instead of pictures on the featured games , on some on them i get a black box with a blue questionmark in the middle. Any ideas?

I would consider to get someone to gift me GTA4, but I don't have paypal to pay for it!

I wonder why I don't those games available here?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
InertiaXr said:
Well that sucks, I have no interest in playing the GTA 4 campaign without mods. Do you know if other types of mods will work? I'm not necessarily looking for a full graphic overhaul like ENB, just real cars and weapons and that's about it.

I've been wondering the same thing myself.

I've looked it up on the Steam forums, and I found this guide. Seems a bit complicated but there's some cool stuff listed, like this:

*Click here for the "Euphoria Mod" by Delremos. This mod allows you to attach your hands to almost any car in the game by clicking your middle mouse button near one. A lot of fun being dragged around! It is still in beta and sometimes has undesirable effects, for the most part it works fine. Cannot cling to trains, police cars, or garbage trucks. Remove the mod by simply removing the .asi file from your GTAIV folder.

I might buy GTAIV from somewhere else just to make modding easier. I would love to experiment with some of the crazier stuff, it would be a great way to breathe new life into a game I've played for hundreds of hours.

Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
Released: Oct 27, 2010
This standalone retail title spans three distinct stories, interwoven to create one of the most unique and engaging single-player experiences of this generation. This definitive Grand Theft Auto bundle boasts hundreds of hours of single-player gameplay.

For $9.99. That is quite the bargain.

Salsa

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Has Manhunt been on sale at all? If so, fuuuuuuuuck.

Nope.

I think they're not even gonna bother with it (and midnight club 2) since they dont work on win 7 at all, and that's a big chunk of costumers.

careksims

opticalmace said:
Holy crap. Just played Super Meat Boy for the first time.

This game is aweeeeeeeeesommmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee.

Yeah I played it for the first time yesterday and man... why didn't I play it sooner!? Also I need to invest on a controller for the PC for this game.

Sucks about GTA because I got all of them except Liberty City dlc.

Primate Ryan

Neo Member
sykoex said:
Decided to finally try Steam, I got the Portal 2 + Potato Sack deal. Wow, I feel like I made out like a bandit, these games are awesome. I've spent 6 hours with The Ball alone. I can't believe there isn't more buzz around this game. It reminds me of Portal and also the environmental puzzles of Metroid Prime 1+2, but still totally unique to itself with the ball mechanic.

I thought the game was quite boring. Outside a couple of (3-5 if I'm generous) puzzles/sitatuations, there was no challenge and I finished practically everything on automatic pilot.

I love all of your examples by the way, so it's not the wrong kind of game for me.

LQX

I don't have any games with SecuROM™ but I'm tempted to get the episodes. Does SecuROM™ interfere with other games with and without SecuROM™?

LQX said:
I don't have any games with SecuROM™ but I'm tempted to get the episodes. Does SecuROM™ interfere with other games with and without SecuROM™?

I don't think so, but you're always gonna be able to find one person who claims securom fucked up their computer. The SecuROM implementation in GTA IV and episodes are some of least offensive I've seen.

My DVD burner stopped working after I installed SecuROM (from Spore)

I don't know if they fixed this problem or not, but a lot of people's burners died after they installed SecuROM. Just something to keep in mind.

sn00zer

Never played a GTA game before...for $10 for GTA 4 seems like its worth the plunge...quick question though how will it run on my

Duo Core 2.66GHz
4 GB RAM
8800 GTS

Looking for above 30

Weenerz

Banned
sn00zer said:
Never played a GTA game before...for $10 for GTA 4 seems like its worth the plunge...quick question though how will it run on my

Duo Core 2.66GHz
4 GB RAM
8800 GTS

Looking for above 30

The game is somewhat demanding, that video card, combined with that processor is probably going to give you trouble at higher resolutions. Above 30 is probably doable if you lower almost all the settings.

TheExodu5

Banned
sn00zer said:

Duo Core 2.66GHz
4 GB RAM
8800 GTS

Looking for above 30

You'll need to have the sliders fairly low. GTA IV is fairly demanding, and also likes a quad-core. It will run better than on consoles, at least.

Salsa

sn00zer said:

Duo Core 2.66GHz
4 GB RAM
8800 GTS

Looking for above 30

me:

E7200 @ 2.5ghz
4gb RAM
9600gt 512ddr3

and it definetly plays above 30 fps just fine. Of course i dont have everything on high, but it still looks good enough for me to have played it for 40 hours.

sn00zer

Looking to play at 1400*900 or 1650*1050
EDIT: Dont underestimate the 8800, can play most new games at 30-60fps at 1650 all high settings minus AA

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
sn00zer said:

Duo Core 2.66GHz
4 GB RAM
8800 GTS

Looking for above 30
What resolution? Had that same setup 2 years ago and the game was not playable at 1680x1050 medium settings.

EDIT: You'll do fine at 1440x900.

8800gts 640? or g92?

Salsa

sn00zer said:
Looking to play at 1400*900

I played it on a 19 inch as well with the above specs and it ran fine.

edit: funny thing though, i remember the game started to run worse after a while of playing. Played like 3 hours straight and the framerate became somewhat more choppy, if i restarted the game it fixed itself, huh.

plc268

I feel stupid... I bought the $10 pack with both GTA4 and EFLC, even though I already owned GTA4. I knew that though, but I always heard that when you buy the complete edition, that it puts all the GTAs in one installer, and you don't have to install 16gb twice.

Wrong... it wants me to DL 32gb. Ugh.

Oh well.

Sanic

Think i'm gonna go with just vanilla GTA 4 this time. I've already play through most of the episodes pack on the 360, and the thought of downloading 32GB of data on my connection is insane.

I have always herd that GTA IV on PC is horribly optimized. But I still bought it. I have very little self control :|

Duo Core @ 2.4ghz (Weak Link)
4gigs of Ram
GTX 460 - 768mb

At what resolution do you think I could hold 30+ FPS?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
plc268 said:
I feel stupid... I bought the $10 pack with both GTA4 and EFLC, even though I already owned GTA4. I knew that though, but I always heard that when you buy the complete edition, that it puts all the GTAs in one installer, and you don't have to install 16gb twice.

Wrong... it wants me to DL 32gb. Ugh.

Oh well.

ughhhhh that makes this rather arduous :(

16gb was huge to begin with but now I gotta dl 32gb? Maybe I'll play this some other time >_<

Pookaki said:
I have always herd that GTA IV on PC is horribly optimized. But I still bought it. I have very little self control :|

4gigs of Ram
GTX 460 - 768mb

It's more CPU intensive than GPU dependent, so you're not gonna have a very good experience with it.

Pookaki said:

4gigs of Ram
GTX 460 - 768mb

Going to need to OC that CPU.

Sysgen

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Has Manhunt been on sale at all? If so, fuuuuuuuuck.

SalsaShark said:
Nope.

I think they're not even gonna bother with it (and midnight club 2) since they dont work on win 7 at all, and that's a big chunk of costumers.

These games have been on sale in the past and work on Windows 7.

Reposting here cause I'm an idiot.

The Splinter Cell pack is still tempting me, are most of the games in it just not that great? Never really played the series before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom