• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Twig said:
Except when they are.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

BAM.

stuminus3 said:
Unless they get pulled from the service (see: recent OutRun 2006 discussion)!

GOTTA BUY EM ALL!

SalsaShark said:
Still waiting for a repeat on Bloodlines and Psychonauts, just to name two.

*shrug*

Feel free to keep buying games JUST because they're on sale, then. This is EA week - if you think NFS or DA won't go on sale again this summer then you better buy them now I suppose.

My point was that, if you don't have immediate plans to play something, don't buy it just because it's cheap. Because it will be cheap again. This is very true as a general rule, even if you can point to specific exceptions. There are over 3400 games on Steam.

1-D_FTW

Javaman said:
Some of you guys were talking about rubberbanding earlier, is it in Undercover or Hot Pursuit? That's a deal breaker for me.

I brought it up regarding Hot Pursuit. Not sure if Undercover has it. But I was skimming the HP thread and people were talking about it having major rubber band AI (with others saying they love rubber band AI in racing games and glad it's there). Pretty much stopped reading at that.

Twig

Banned
GDJustin said:
*shrug*

Feel free to keep buying games JUST because they're on sale, then. This is EA week - if you think NFS or DA won't go on sale again this summer then you better buy them now I suppose.

My point was that, if you don't have immediate plans to play something, don't buy it just because it's cheap. Because it will be cheap again. This is very true as a general rule, even if you can point to specific exceptions. There are over 3400 games on Steam.
You are responding to jokes with seriousness.

1-D_FTW said:
I brought it up regarding Hot Pursuit. Not sure if Undercover has it. But I was skimming the HP thread and people were talking about it having major rubber band AI (with others saying they love rubber band AI in racing games and glad it's there). Pretty much stopped reading at that.
oh god what excuse me while i throw up

Javaman

1-D_FTW said:

Definitely going to skip Hot pursuit then. Any word on Undercover guys?

One of the early Burnouts (2nd or 3rd?) one pissed me off so much that I quit the game after using a full turbo boost after crashing the 2nd place driver only to find him all caught up to me after the boost ran out.

kamspy said:
As a non TF2 player, what can I do with all my TF2 hats?
You can trade them to someone who will buy you Steam games in exchange. Seriously, this is common.

If you want help send me a PM for specifics.

Twig

Banned
Javaman said:
stuminus3 said:
If I never again make a recommendation that gets taken seriously... but don't buy Undercover. Not even for $2.50. It's atrocious.

Shift and Hot Pursuit are great though.
But I don't know nuffin.

Javaman said:

One of the early Burnouts (2nd or 3rd?) one pissed me off so much that I quit the game after using a full turbo boost after crashing the 2nd place driver only to find him all caught up to me after the boost ran out.

I'll just quote this post from the other page for ya.

stuminus3 said:
If I never again make a recommendation that gets taken seriously... but don't buy Undercover. Not even for $2.50. It's atrocious.

Shift and Hot Pursuit are great though.

Damnit!

Volcynika

Javaman said:

Maybe you shouldn't be such a nub, Java!

I'm not really interested in HP but this is another great example of regional pricing. 25 €? They got to be kidding me. Yeah I know gift thread and all that, yet still unacceptable.

kamspy

Oh I have TF2. I've tried many time to get into it. My class isn't in the game though. I like playing the regular ass assault guy with a regular ass assault rifle. afaik, TF2 doesn't have that class.

Damn. I just bought Undercover. Is it really that bad? I kinda just wanted a cheesy arcade racer to mess around with. Is it a bad port? I liked Carbon and Most Wanted.

Oh well. At $2.50 I'm not gonna worry about it.

Quoting myself from the TF2 OT, those are the hats, in case you give damn about them.

Sgt.Pepper said:
987A55F1EE0DF3D5222C12D5FEFC87C91373897E

1A0159794DA145B52B6CB2760BAC8FDE858EE5B6

stuminus3

GDJustin said:
*shrug*

To be fair, I was just being a dick. Delisting is so rare, it doesn't bother me at all.

kamspy said:
Oh I have TF2. I've tried many time to get into it. My class isn't in the game though. I like playing the regular ass assault guy with a regular ass assault rifle. afaik, TF2 doesn't have that class.

The standard assault class in TF2 is the Soldier. Boring old assault rifles don't let you rocket jump!

Blizzard

Banned
drizzle said:
Mirror's Edge for 2,50. It was on one Christmas, it's never been on sale again (being 5 bucks for another Christmas doesn't count).
Wait, what? I don't have the Steam sale history website on me, but I am almost POSITIVE that Mirror's Edge has been on sale 3-5 times, for $5, $10, whatever. I've personally gifted it to like 7 people for various prices.

And it sounds kind of funny when you say something was on sale one Christmas, and was never on sale again not counting the next CHRISTMAS sale. Why would that sale not count? Just because it wasn't as cheap? :p

Javaman said:

Rubberbanding makes a lot of sense for the cop chasing mode though. It would be really boring if they just completely fell behind after a crash.

Oreoleo

kamspy said:
Okay then. Give your hats to meeeeee.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
1-D_FTW said:
It's not that I love rubberband AI in racing games. It's just that it's endemic to Criterion's design. It's not a race when there are AI cars around. It's a continuous battle to the finish line.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Drkirby said:
Hey, look what I just found:

Super Street Fighter IV: AE - 99.99 USD
Super Street Fighter IV: AE - Four Pack - 49.99 USD

Maybe the game will be out sooner then expected, wonder how much the 4 pack will be.
I wonder if they just switched those prices around? 99.99 for the 4pack would be an awesome deal.

I know you can't take price into consideration on the registry leaks, but it would be mighty nice.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Quoting myself from the TF2 OT, those are the hats, in case you give damn about them.
What sorcery is this? I already have Plants vs Zombies GOTY and I don't remember having those hats!

Who do I complain to?

Blizzard said:
Wait, what? I don't have the Steam sale history website on me, but I am almost POSITIVE that Mirror's Edge has been on sale 3-5 times, for $5, $10, whatever. I've personally gifted it to like 7 people for various prices.

And it sounds kind of funny when you say something was on sale one Christmas, and was never on sale again not counting the next CHRISTMAS sale. Why would that sale not count? Just because it wasn't as cheap? :p
Yes! :D

I know it went up for sale time and time again, but 2,50 was the first sale it had, and every subsequent sale was for 5 bucks or more. That's not acceptable! I want the cheap ass price I was too stupid to take advantage of! :D

drizzle said:
I wonder if they just switched those prices around? 99.99 for the 4pack would be an awesome deal.

I know you can't take price into consideration on the registry leaks, but it would be mighty nice.

Ignore $99.99 for any registry item. They're placeholders. Many times a game that you know will be a budget title is given $99.99.

Salsa

Sgt.Pepper said:

.. i stand corrected, those are terribly uninspired considering the game they came from..

Oreoleo

EA? Do something smart on Steam? Come on man.

What's the earliest a game has gone up for pre-purchase on Steam. Isn't BF3 still like 5 or 6 months out?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Twig said:
oh god what excuse me while i throw up
I like rubberband AI in arcade racers where it keeps things interesting. As long as it is purely AI based, that is.

Orellio said:
EA? Do something smart on Steam? Come on man.

What's the earliest a game has gone up for pre-purchase on Steam. Isn't BF3 still like 5 or 6 months out?

Its available for preorder on D2D and Gamersgate. Most likely this will be another DA2 situation.

1-D_FTW

CrookedRain said:
Rubberbanding makes a lot of sense for the cop chasing mode though. It would be really boring if they just completely fell behind after a crash.

I suppose you could justify it for that mode. But they were definitely talking about normal races. If you're a hothead (like me) who goes nutty when you can clearly see CPU cars cheating their way to a victory, it seems like it's a game to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom