• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
the trees do look like shit and i realize that all the NFSHP were all photomode bullshots oh well the lighting in the game is bad =/ HDR is just bloom =/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Technosteve said:
the trees do look like shit and i realize that all the NFSHP were all photomode bullshots oh well the lighting in the game is bad =/ HDR is just bloom =/
So the lighting doesn't look good like it does here?

cmzbeg6htz7gsf8j8fettujg.jpg

Can't wait to play the game myself to see if all these complaints are accurate.... if only I had that copy I'm waiting on.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Stallion Free said:

cmzbeg6htz7gsf8j8fettujg.jpg

Can't wait to play the game myself to see if all these complaints are accurate.... if only I had that copy I'm waiting on.

Redwoods?

Sgt.Pepper said:
South American I suppose? Yeah, we got shafted.

yes, Brazil. I would hit both games at US prices, but this price difference bothers me so much that I will not get any.

Hoping for a cheap Bulletstorm, but not holding my breath.

Chiaroscuro said:
yes, Brazil. I would hit both games at US prices, but this price difference bothers me so much that I will not get any.

Hoping for a cheap Bulletstorm, but not holding my breath.
I'm just holding for Mirror's Edge at this point, we also didn't get Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate either. >_>

Sgt.Pepper said:
I'm just holding for Mirror's Edge at this point, we also didn't get Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate either. >_>

I got Mirror a way back for 5 bucks (never played). For Ultimate you can make a VPN, but then there is Valve's hammer to watch for (it is a shame, since all DA games are available here, but not Ultimate).

Salsa

Sgt.Pepper said:

GAF helps out, stallion got it for me yesterday

Chiaroscuro said:
I got Mirror a way back for 5 bucks (never played)

yeah you need to fix this ASAP

SalsaShark said:
yeah you need to fix this ASAP

at the time I did not have a graphic card with Physx support, hold playing the game until next upgrade (which should be very near) to play it properly, got a new Nvidea card, card crashed and I forgot to play the game, card manufactur replaced it with an ATI one (no Physx) so....

Detox

For those in UK and probably the US who need Hot Pursuit for cheap evlcookie in the gifting thread is helping out guys as he is from AU. It works out at around £6 for HP.

Salsa

Chiaroscuro said:
card manufactur replaced it with an ATI one (no Physx) so....

Exactly, so ? game is fucking great, not just pretty. I played it with no Physx since they were fucked back when it came out (later fixed by a patch), and i had a blast. Still looked great.

InertiaXr

Detox said:
For those in UK and probably the US who need Hot Pursuit for cheap evlcookie in the gifting thread is helping out guys as he is from AU. It works out at around £6 for HP.

Well damnit, I already got Hot Pursuit for $15 in the US. AU has it for 6 pounds which is less than $10 right now??

Volcynika

DeVeAn said:
I got Boderlands GOTY on steam but can't figure out how to access the DLC. Is it post game stuff or what?

Go to one of those transport station things and you can go to each place the DLC offers.

DeVeAn

Volcynika said:
Go to one of those transport station things and you can go to each place the DLC offers.
Oh, thats what those areas are. Kinda threw me off since product keys pop up everytime.

InertiaXr

DeVeAn said:
I got Boderlands GOTY on steam but can't figure out how to access the DLC. Is it post game stuff or what?

You can only get to it from the quick travel posts in-game. It's not named what the DLC is named necessarily, like the Zombie Island DLC is called "Jakob's Cove" in the quick travel thing. I wouldn't go to any of them until you are ready to play them however, the zombie island at least will scale to the level you go into it at, at least I think that's how it works. Some of the stuff in there is kind of convulted regarding the level stuff is and how the DLC in particular scales or doesn't.

I'm in the middle of playing it with a friend who also get it in the sale, and we are playing it like this: Playthrough 1, Zombie Island, General Knoxx, Claptrap Revolution, then Playthrough 2 and maybe more DLC as needed to get to the level cap.

DeVeAn

InertiaXr said:
You can only get to it from the quick travel posts in-game. It's not named what the DLC is named necessarily, like the Zombie Island DLC is called "Jakob's Cove" in the quick travel thing. I wouldn't go to any of them until you are ready to play them however, the zombie island at least will scale to the level you go into it at, at least I think that's how it works. Some of the stuff in there is kind of convulted regarding the level stuff is and how the DLC in particular scales or doesn't.

I'm in the middle of playing it with a friend who also get it in the sale, and we are playing it like this: Playthrough 1, Zombie Island, General Knoxx, Claptrap Revolution, then Playthrough 2 and maybe more DLC as needed to get to the level cap.
I need help killing sledge. He is destroying me badly. I have no steam friends anyone down to play?

I'd be down. I've got a sniper and berzerker build. I've never used the Gamespy stuff in Borderlands but have some ancient account with a ludicrous name. I think it's Mars Needs Ketchup.

Edit: My steam name is Mostly Harmless :/

DeVeAn

jaundicejuice said:
I'd be down. I've got a sniper and berzerker build. I've never used the Gamespy stuff in Borderlands but have some ancient account with a ludicrous name. I think it's Mars Needs Ketchup.
Cool, I am a newb when it comes to steam. DeVeAn is my handle there.

KarmaCow

Volcynika said:
Yeah, you don't need those, at least for the Steam version as far as I can tell.

I didn't buy the GotY version but I needed to input the keys for the first two DLC packs. The game just got stuck loading the areas for the DLC and I had to alt-tab to access the input window.

Volcynika

KarmaCow said:
I didn't buy the GotY version but I needed to input the keys for the first two DLC packs. The game just got stuck loading the areas for the DLC and I had to alt-tab to access the input window.

I didn't play it for a while after I got the DLC off some sale, maybe they changed it, because I didn't have to input anything to access the DLC stuff.

Pimpbaa

Stallion Free said:

Yeah, it looks as good as it does there. The lighting doesn't change in the supposed bullshot photomode (people shown actual in game screen grabs in another and it look just as good.).

crimsonheadGCN said:
Dwarfs?!, which is the second title that Tripwire Interactive have decided to act as a publisher for, will be out tomorrow.
I'm interested. I deeply crave a Dwarf Fortress with a usable interface. Delve Deeper didn't do it for me. Maybe this will get a little closer. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Shambles

Anyone else having trouble signing on to steam server? I'm pretty sure i'm being bullshitted here at the login screen despite the fact that I know what my password is, that i auto-login fine on my desktop but steam is being a useless bitch on my laptop and trying to tell me that the steam servers are down after trying a million different login passwords. Now that I have confirmed what my password is by logging into the website I'm still dealing with steams bullshit. Also steam's lost password feature is fucking horseshit as it gives me a "secret question" that is so god damn secret that I can't even answer it because they ask for information from an email that was deleted long ago. FML.

Shambles

What the fuck is this steam support user account shit? They're trying to tell me they can't figure out how to link peoples steam accounts to their support system and are making us creating another account that's going to cause me nothing but headaches in order to tell them to fix my normal steam account? Please someone tell me that their servers actually really are down before I lose my shit. I don't even have that shitty ass steamguard activated on my account, I shouldn't be having these problems.

Blizzard

Banned
Shambles said:
What the fuck is this steam support user account shit? They're trying to tell me they can't figure out how to link peoples steam accounts to their support system and are making us creating another account that's going to cause me nothing but headaches in order to tell them to fix my normal steam account? Please someone tell me that their servers actually really are down before I lose my shit. I don't even have that shitty ass steamguard activated on my account, I shouldn't be having these problems.
I guess in theory (part of) the idea is that if someone hijacks your normal account, hopefully they don't also get your support account, and you can submit a help request that way. D2D also has separate game accounts and support accounts if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom