• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blizzard said:
...? He reinstalled Steam and then posted. Reinstalling probably took more time than posting, but I guess mayb not.

Cat in the Hat, did you try the manual clientregistry.blob deletion too? I'm pretty sure it won't work. Actually, now that I think about it I seem to recall reinstalling Steam like you did and it still didn't fix it for me. In my case I think I was messing around with compatibility settings for some specific Steam game, though...had you done anything like that?

Anyway, if you're up for it, try running the registry editor and search for all occurrences of Steam.exe. If you find any of them and they look at all related to compatibility settings, you could try making a backup of your registry and then deleting those keys.
Well I just said eff it and uninstalled everything and just kept my save files. I reinstalled with everything new and I get the same damn message(just like you did grr). I'll try messing with registry now. Good lookin out Blizz and Rufus I'll let you know how it goes.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY DEAD SPACE

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Have you done this?

To fix the issue:
Hit start->run->regedit
Go to key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
Look for a entry with your path to steam.exe
Delete that entry
If you dont find it there try HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Blizzard

Banned
Cat in the Hat said:
Well I just said eff it and uninstalled everything and just kept my save files. I reinstalled with everything new and I get the same damn message(just like you did grr). I'll try messing with registry now. Good lookin out Blizz and Rufus I'll let you know how it goes.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY DEAD SPACE
Try this:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10752211&postcount=10

*edit* DARN YOU KIRBY! lol

I have no idea how it happens, maybe a Windows bug, but it's something where Windows permanently decides that some executable should be run in compatibility mode and I don't know a way to fix it without the registry.

No dice, fuck. I check every steam.exe and they were all normal, this just doesn't make sense.

EDIT: just seen your posts I'll try that thank you

Javaman

MNC said:
clientregistry.blob should be mandatory advice for just about anything, although you already got it fixed by now..
I'm going to put a "Fix steam.bat" file on my desktop to do just that haaha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know how to get Champions Online working through Steam? It just re-directs you to the FTP installer off of their website, but the steam version still works for people who have purchased it before. Anyway for newbies like me to download the steam installer now that it's free?

denomes

drizzle said:
Anybody interested in a Monday Night Combat 4 pack? I already put a message up on the Monday Night Combat thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25590214#post25590214

I'm looking for the special items, so the sooner the better! :D

I'm in. I posted in the MNC Steam thread as well. My post remains the last reply, shall I update it to include you?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw that you already formed a four. Anyone else interested?

Shaneus

K.Jack said:
The demo for Magicka just went live. Looks pretty interesting.

Downloading....
Shit, Bobbin Threadbare sure went badarse, didn't he?
bobbin-threadbare-22982.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Des0lar said:
Please tell me what you think. I'm interested in it as well.
There is an thread devoted to that game.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419640&page=3

General Consensus: Its no Diablo as in "No loot, no level ups" but more a linear affair with only wizards. Everyone who tried it is pretty interested though. You get 8 elements and mix up to 5 of them together to create mix versions and stronger versions to kick some monster butt. Best feature is probably the coop play in where friendly fire can lead to fun stuff. The "magic" mixing elements is reaaaaally well thought out. Check the other thread for more.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like Europa Universalis III is on sale now... is it a one day sale or will it be discounted for a few days? I want to order it on Thursday when I get paid.

Joe Molotov

Lambtron said:
It looks like Europa Universalis III is on sale now... is it a one day sale or will it be discounted for a few days? I want to order it on Thursday when I get paid.

It's been on sale since last week.

Weenerz

Banned
Was going to buy Greed Corps because I like to buy steam games and never play them but I guess I own it already. Damn!

Mrbob

What is up with this Magicka game? It has been the top seller on Steam and it looks cool. I love action RPG titles. However I don't see a demo for it and I don't know if it is any good?

Edit: Wait never mind on the demo part I must have missed the demo tab the first time. Downloading now!

Opiate

Mrbob said:
What is up with this Magicka game? It has been the top seller on Steam and it looks cool. I love action RPG titles. However I don't see a demo for it and I don't know if it is any good?

There is a demo.

New sega collection is up and I am going to say that the games in this pack are well worth it, but I own most of them already so eh.

Didn't know breach was coming to steam, thought it was 360 only for some reason. Steam version is 20% off right now also.

NICE!

SEGA Genesis and Mega Drive Classics Collection 4 is now available on Steam! The list speaks for itself - the latest batch marks the biggest release consisting many fan favorites from the classic Genesis/Mega Drive era.

Check out Alien Soldier, Gunstar Heroes, Landstalker, Light Crusader, Shining Force, Shining Force II, Shining in the Darkness, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, ToeJam & Earl, ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron, Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair, or the bundle version containing select titles at a whopping discount!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7095/

Magni

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I want to spend my money Steam, please let me ffs (been getting that error for the past hours while trying to get EUIII).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nice, now to wait till they sell all of the game (Or at least the non-sonic ones) for something like $10.

Joe Molotov

The latest Sega Collection is best yet IMO, but once again, they bogart the Sonic games and make us pay $5 for them. But I'll probably pick them up anyway, because at least it's Sonic 2 and 3 & Knuckles this time, and not 3D Dash and Mean Bean Machine. SEGA's got a lot of balls charging $5 for those.

Joe Molotov said:
The latest Sega Collection is best yet IMO, but once again, they bogart the Sonic games and make us pay $5 for them. But I'll probably pick them up anyway, because at least it's Sonic 2 and 3 & Knuckles this time, and not 3D Dash and Mean Bean Machine. SEGA's got a lot of balls charging $5 for those.
they sell so why not :p iphone ports of sonic 1 and 2 are just as expensive and they are always in the UK top 100, that's a few thousand sales a day easy. I do wish they were cheaper.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't mind Sega segmenting off the Sonic games, I have them on enough different systems, plus it does make since to try and keep their value up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, some Sega Executive must think the series hasn't been devalued like all the other games for some odd reason. I mean, if it was Gunstar that was $5, I could see it easily, but Toe Jam an Earl really don't have much of a fan base these days.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Shining Force 1 and 2 plus Gunstar Fucking Heroes. I'd pay full retail price just for those three. Then you add in the Streets of Rage games... Holy fuck, am I dreaming?

I'm so happy right now.

K.Jack said:
Shining Force 1 and 2 plus Gunstar Fucking Heroes. I'd pay full retail price just for those three. Then you add in the Streets of Rage games... Holy fuck, am I dreaming?

I'm so happy right now.
FLCLm.gif

Ionic

K.Jack said:
You think I fapped to that? Imagine what I did, when I like, "All that for $22.40? Fucking steal."

*add to cart*

All that for $7.50, actually. I feel silly for buying Gunstar Heroes on VC for $8 now.

Forkball

Drkirby said:
Yeah, some Sega Executive must think the series hasn't been devalued like all the other games for some odd reason. I mean, if it was Gunstar that was $5, I could see it easily, but Toe Jam an Earl really don't have much of a fan base these days.
My friend bought an Xbox for Toe Jam and Earl 3. Needless to say he was disappointed.

The Sega packs are a great deal, but I've played most of them already.

Shaneus

Wait, so that entire Sega pack is $7.50? Fucking WOW. Hopefully they have some of the nifty graphics filters like the CRT one for FBA on PS3.

Damn, I had no interest in the other Sega packs, but this one includes pretty much every Genesis game I was interested in that I don't own on the PSP Genesis pack. I actually want pretty much all of it, and don't own any of them, unless you count tge gba shining force remake.

I'm assuming the emulation is rock solid after all these years of emulated Genesis collections?

Shaneus

Ugh, Australians getting dicked again, $10 for that Megadrive pack :/

Fake edit: Going by that list, are we getting dicked even further? There's no Sonic or TJ&E games in the pack that's available for $9.95. Boo.

Real edit: Those others are $5 a pop, hence not being in the pack. Okie dokie.

Magni

MagniHarvald said:
I want to spend my money Steam, please let me ffs (been getting that error for the past hours while trying to get EUIII).

Still not working twelve hours later.. what the fuck?

Shaneus said:
Ugh, Australians getting dicked again, $10 for that Megadrive pack :/

Fake edit: Going by that list, are we getting dicked even further? There's no Sonic or TJ&E games in the pack that's available for $9.95. Boo.

Real edit: Those others are $5 a pop, hence not being in the pack. Okie dokie.
All sonic titles and a few others like TJ&E are excluded from the bundle packs to keep their premium value high :( but still for £5.50 the 4th pack is still a steal if you like shining force, wonderboy, landstalker, gunstar heroes and so on.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Wait a minute Landstalker? Isn't that the game that has a cult following or something like that? Heard a lot of good things about it maybe i'll pick it up sometime along with shining force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom