• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimbardo

caliblue15 said:
So what is up with Crysis 1? I kill the final boss and the game froze and shut down, now I can't even look at save game files... what a glitchy POS.

i kept falling through the deck of the ship you're on at the end.

didn't think i'd be able to complete the game because it happened over and over again ...but i finally managed.

game was quite buggy when i played through it a year ago.

LegoDad

Zimbardo said:
i kept falling through the deck of the ship you're on at the end.

didn't think i'd be able to complete the game because it happened over and over again ...but i finally managed.

game was quite buggy when i played through it a year ago.

i just deleted last save file, beat it in 20 seconds and saw the ending, now to play warhead, then crysis 2... crisis adverted (pun intended)

Really didn't enjoy Crysis 1, just felt like another shooter with good graphics, the suit didn't make me feel special whatsoever.

dock

Drkirby said:
Hell no, you should never use a wireless keyboard.
Out of interest, how much validity is there to this sort of statement about wireless tech?

I know a lot of people that complain about lag with wireless mice, and wireless keyboards, but most of these seem to cite a few minutes with hardware a decade ago.

Do competitive Halo players on 360 use wired controllers?

Most of these statements seem to be based upon prejudice more than anything, so I've be very curious to hear some sober and rational information about the problem.

I use wireless KB/M and I never seem to have a disadvantage, even in twitchy games like Counter-Strike.

Always use wireless pads for console games, too, and I dominate in games like MW2 :)

Zzoram

I don't use wireless because I don't like batteries dying in the middle of a game. It happens to my friends all the time.

On my console pads they seem to run out too often, say after 12-15 hours of use maybe, but my KB/M dies once every... 6 months? Maybe. And that's after being used for hours EVERY day.

When it stops working sometimes I worry they're broke because it's been so long since I last had to change batteries, haha.

Pachael

I paid AU$150 for first runs and dibs for SC4 (and Rush Hour). Another AU$4.50 or so for the digital package, 8 years on. And still worth it!

1-D_FTW

plc268 said:
I'm only playing it with a 360 controller so far, and it's practically unplayable on the "experienced" driving model. But what do you mean by swaying effect? I've noticed that after the mod, the weight transfer into corners seems to be exaggerated a little, but I can deal with it because on the stock version it felt like you were practically weightless.

But yea, it's not a perfect. However, it made a shitty game playable, and for that, I'm happy.

Like the cars out of control and the steering wheel is being swayed left-right-left-right. This would be acceptable if the car was out of control and I was having to fight to regain control and stabilize it, but there's a more subtle form of this that occasionally occurs even when I'm driving in a straight line and in perfect control.

Just to be clear, I had this same problem unmodded. This mod makes the game semi-decent with the G27. I just need to see if I can figure out if it's a sensitivity problem causing this or if the game is just too broken to completely fix.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Quick question:

PvZ GOTY worth it (at sale price) for PC even if I have it for iOS?

I know there are some significant changes like the minigames and such, but I don't know if there is anything else I should know.

Thoughts?

It has more content than the ios version, so I would say yes. It plays really well on a decent screen with a mouse.

TheExodu5

Banned
dock said:
Out of interest, how much validity is there to this sort of statement about wireless tech?

I know a lot of people that complain about lag with wireless mice, and wireless keyboards, but most of these seem to cite a few minutes with hardware a decade ago.

Do competitive Halo players on 360 use wired controllers?

Most of these statements seem to be based upon prejudice more than anything, so I've be very curious to hear some sober and rational information about the problem.

Wireless hardware has certainly come a long way. My Mamba in wireless mode feels just as responsive as my MX518 (though with better tracking), and more responsive than my MX500.

Zzoram said:
I don't use wireless because I don't like batteries dying in the middle of a game. It happens to my friends all the time.

With something like the Mamba, you can just plug it in and use it wired.

That being said, I use it in wired mode nearly exclusively, because I often forget to charge it. I don't really need wireless with my current setup...though it does come in quite handy at LANs.

AEREC

toasty_T said:
Steam doesn't sell the DLC sadly. I'm holding out for a complete edition
to go on sale.

I wouldn't count on it anytime soon...they have not even announced a ME2 ultimate/goty edition (outside of the PS3 version, which as of recently does not include all content anymore).

Plus Im sure when it does release it will be $40+.

Murkas

krzy123 said:
Is there even a ME1 complete edition?

I've never seen one, don't think it exists. Bioware started doing complete editions for Dragon's Age. Still surprised they haven't done one for ME1+2

e_i

caliblue15 said:
So what is up with Crysis 1? I kill the final boss and the game froze and shut down, now I can't even look at save game files... what a glitchy POS.

Yeah...Crysis would crash for me near the end...so I said. fuck this shit and deleted it.

e_i

Is Duke Nukem Forever going up on Steam? I just realized the game was supposed to be out this week before it was pushed back to June.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I did grab the Sims 3 and some expansions, s'okay for about ~$50.

It's probably safe to say there's nothing else on the EA side I'd ever care about, so that's my payout for EA Week.

e_i said:
Is Duke Nukem Forever going up on Steam? I just realized the game was supposed to be out this week before it was pushed back to June.
Borderlands: GOTY on Steam has a beta token for it, so I'd say that's a yes.

AEREC

e_i said:

Yes, Duke Nukem will have steamworks integration hen it launches.

Salsa

AEREC said:
Yes, Duke Nukem will have steamworks integration hen it launches.

This is basically what made it a day one purchase for me.

Here's hoping we geat a slick deal in some other site like GamersGate :D

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, I hate when console ports don't have controller support as an option. I was planning on spending a little time with Greed Corp today, lying back in my desk chair, but it's a no go. I understand that they 'redesigned the entire interface from the group up for PC' but that doesn't mean the option needs to be removed. Malleability is what's supposed to be great about PC gaming.

Echoplx

I just got an update for Divinity DKS, but there was no entry in my downloads only a pop-up in the corner :s Anyone else get this?

Erudite

3chopl0x said:
I just got an update for Divinity DKS, but there was no entry in my downloads only a pop-up in the corner :s Anyone else get this?
Yeah, there was an entry in my downloads though. 4mb, doesn't seem like the patch notes have been posted yet.

Lyphen said:
Man, I hate when console ports don't have controller support as an option. I was planning on spending a little time with Greed Corp today, lying back in my desk chair, but it's a no go. I understand that they 'redesigned the entire interface from the group up for PC' but that doesn't mean the option needs to be removed. Malleability is what's supposed to be great about PC gaming.

Basically, Xpadder is a must-have.

desu

capsule_616x353.jpg

Here you go.

Whoo! ME bought, time to finally play through this series (replay through ME1 really... as I never finished it before)

EDIT: As soon as the prices go through....

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The sale updates are uncharacteristically slow for Valve. I wonder if they have to phone EA at 10AM PST and have them turn the key or give the "go ahead" or something.

edit: yes I'm impatient :p I loved how with the holiday sale, everything updated at a precise time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom