• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

It's still a sucky sale considering EA has been having sales left and right where they're doing significantly better than this. EA should just go Vampire on Steam and call it a day.

Awesome, now I'm excited. I had already gotten ME2 during christmas, but decided against playing it cause I hadn't beaten the 360 version of ME1.

I think this marks the first game I've double dipped on since L4D2.

Mass Effect for 3.75 euros, bought.

Think I'll skip Mass Effect 2 for now, 15 for the complete edition.

Edit: Wait, that 'deluxe' stuff doesn't include any in-game extra's. Thought it would be with the DLC or something. Hm, 10 for ME2 then, might bite.

desu

ClosingADoor said:
Mass Effect for 3.75 euros, bought.

Think I'll skip Mass Effect 2 for now, 15 for the complete edition.

Edit: Wait, that 'deluxe' stuff doesn't include any in-game extra's. Thought it would be with the DLC or something. Hm, 10 for ME2 then, might bite.

Same here, ME2 should have been 75% off now! Guess I will hold out and wait for a possible complete edition with all dlc.

Think we can see Dead Space 2 for $20? $25? Highly doubt it, but I hope Dead Space 2 does go on sale this week. :\ Only other thing from EA I think I want.

vazel

Banned
Got ME1. Haven't played that game since I got it day 1 on 360. Hopefully ME2 goes down to $5 in the Christmas sale.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The weekend sale should go up soon right?

People shouldn't be saying "safe" just yet!

it'll be an indie game

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Welp, I got them 2 for the same price in separate sales but not on Steam. Would jump right on that if I didn't have them already. I can take a deep breath and wait for another day. Maybe DS or another of their hits.

Salsa

Mass Effect huh

Played each one 2 times on non-steam versions. Played all DLC in 2 EXCEPT for the last one (wich i really wanna play). I could doubledip and play all over again (including the last dlc this time) before 3 hits, but.. yeah. Not doubledipping this time, best case scenario i'll get them during summer sales, if not thats fine.

TheExodu5

Banned
Syphon Filter said:
Looking to get a gamepad for pc. I want a playstation style controller,is the logitech f310 any good?

I'd really just recommend the wired 360 controller. It really makes a big difference when a game officially supports it.

Otherwise, if you have a PS3 controller, you could just use the (annoying to install) MotionJoy drivers.

Syphon Filter said:
Looking to get a gamepad for pc. I want a playstation style controller,is the logitech f310 any good?

For obvious reasons, everyone is going to recommend a 360 controller. But, if you really want the PS style, why not get a DS3 hooked up?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
shintoki said:
Kind of hoping for 5$ Mass Effect tomorrow. Maybe I will get lucky.
Damn I'm good.

Getting Mass Effect, going be my first time playing more than an hour ^_^

And if I like it, I'll buy Mass Effect 2 for 5$ when it's on sale too. 2x ^_^

Murkas

Went ahead with the regular version of ME2, I wasn't even going to look at the artwork and music had I even bought the Deluxe edition.

TheExodu5

Banned
TimmiT said:
I shouldn't have bought the Mass Effect games last week for the normal prices. :(

First rule of Steam: only buy a game exactly when you play on playing through it. Never buy a game in anticipation.

shuyin_ said:
If you purchase Mass Effecy from Steam, do you get a serial key that you can use on the EA store/EADM?

Yeah, you can use the same key to register it with EA's Digital Manager. I haven't registered my Steam purchased EA games with EADM because I'm not certain about how nice they play together. Boxed games sure, why not but Steam purchased games? Ehhh, I dunno.

plc268

jaundicejuice said:
Yeah, you can use the same key to register it with EA's Digital Manager. I haven't registered my Steam purchased EA games with EADM because I'm not certain about how nice they play together. Boxed games sure, why not but Steam purchased games? Ehhh, I dunno.

It works fine together. EADM will even recognize (most of the time) if you already have a game installed through steam, and it'll allow you to launch the game from EADM without having to redownload it.

shuyin_

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
Thanks!

I used a key from GamersGate on EADM and worked great. I donwloaded my game from EADM. I guess it's the same with Steam, i just wasn't sure if Steam gives you a key for ME.

And they should work fine, don't worry. In this case, since Mass Effect doesn't have any Steam features, i'd like to play the EADM version (without the Steam overlay).

And now i hope someone from US GAF will help me. Can someone please buy and gift me Mass Effect 1 (it's $4.99 right?). I can paypal the money first thing in the morning tomorrow.

Echoplx

shuyin_ said:
Thanks!

I used a key from GamersGate on EADM and worked great. I donwloaded my game from EADM. I guess it's the same with Steam, i just wasn't sure if Steam gives you a key for ME.

And they should work fine, don't worry. In this case, since Mass Effect doesn't have any Steam features, i'd like to play the EADM version (without the Steam overlay).

And now i hope someone from US GAF will help me. Can someone please buy and gift me Mass Effect 1 (it's $4.99 right?). I can paypal the money first thing in the morning tomorrow.

ME1 from steam DOES NOT activate on the EADM.

Shuyin you do know that you can disable the steam overlay for a particular game. or all of them.

You have to buy DLC through the Cerberus in game (EA) bullshit.

19Kilo

Wow great deal on Men of War: AS for $11.89, or all three for $20.40.

Hopefully more people pick up AS for the awesome co-op.

shuyin_

Banned
scorpscarx said:
Shuyin you do know that you can disable the steam overlay for a particular game. or all of them.
Sorry, i didn't mean the overlay. I meant the Steam client. I once saw it used about 60MB of my RAM which gets a big 'fuck off' from me, since i have a low-to-mid range PC. I kind of am nuts when it goes to resources :))) When i play i tend to close all other programs and kill unnecesary processes.

So i can't register ME on EADM and download a normal (as in not Steam version from there).... Can a low-end (by today's standards, 9800GT - amd athlon 2 x4 630 with 2 gb dual channel ram maximize Mass Effect? How much memory does it require?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom