• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

InertiaXr

Does anybody know if the NBA 2k11 online stuff was ever fixed? I played a little of it on ps3 and it was great but I don't know if I want to pay full price $20 for single player stuff only. In that vein, has it ever been on sale? steamprices.com doesn't seem to say it was on sale during the last Winter Sale but if it went under $10 it would be an instant buy for me.

Nabs

I doubt it. Online is really fucked. It retailed at $30 and is permed at $20. It'll probably be $10 during the Summer sale.

SP is good and messing with mods is a lot of fun.

stuminus3

SalsaShark said:
Just bought a new Samsung 1.5TB HDD. Made a partition of 1TB labeled Steam. Body is ready for Summer Sales.
I broke 1.5TB long ago. :-(

The body is willing, but the credit card aches.

benjipwns

Banned
InertiaXr said:
Does anybody know if the NBA 2k11 online stuff was ever fixed? I played a little of it on ps3 and it was great but I don't know if I want to pay full price $20 for single player stuff only. In that vein, has it ever been on sale? steamprices.com doesn't seem to say it was on sale during the last Winter Sale but if it went under $10 it would be an instant buy for me.
Define "online stuff" because all the living rosters and crap work. And the patch improved the connection/lag/disconnects a lot although it still happens. (I.e. before the patch every game lagged and you'd be lucky to get past the first quarter. Now only it happens ever eight or nine games!)

What was never fixed was the bug that makes it default to low settings when playing online.

As Nabs said, single player is great though, as are mods.

GDJustin said:
Yeah, I did get the expac. Glad to hear I have a lot more Tropico goodness in front of me.

Immediately after making my post I bought the old Tropico game pack though, ha. It's Tropico 1 + expansion, and Tropico 2, for $1.75.

My thinking was that even if it's hard to go back to the old ones after playing 3, it's only a $1.75 mistake. I had a mediocre burger at a bar the other night and that cost me like $7. The economies of Steam sales are kinda nuts like that, sometimes.

Plus, based on screenshots, it seems like the games aged very nicely anyway. In some ways they look better than 3:

HzAyy.jpg
They look a lot better than 3.

Salsa

wait what, after moving my steam folder i have to go through the whole directx thing with every single game ?

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUU

InertiaXr

benjipwns said:
Define "online stuff" because all the living rosters and crap work. And the patch improved the connection/lag/disconnects a lot although it still happens. (I.e. before the patch every game lagged and you'd be lucky to get past the first quarter. Now only it happens ever eight or nine games!)

What was never fixed was the bug that makes it default to low settings when playing online.

As Nabs said, single player is great though, as are mods.

Bolded is the only stuff I care about, I don't care about living rosters or any shit like that, I would never use real NBA rosters in Association mode anyways.

Guess if 2k never fixes it I will wait until it's $5, too bad since there is no competition for them but 2k still can't manage a legit product, lol.

Echoplx

So I'm really not sure where to post this, but i was just talking to a friend who is currently crashing at my place and apparently his lecturer at uni worked on/is working on Red Dead Redemption and apparently he showed them RDR running on one of the Uni PCs

All i know is he refused to speak any more about what he's actually doing there and that the game was in a incomplete form. But he said it was RDR all the menus and loading screens said RDR and the game looked and played like RDR.

benjipwns

Banned
InertiaXr said:
Bolded is the only stuff I care about, I don't care about living rosters or any shit like that, I would never use real NBA rosters in Association mode anyways.

Guess if 2k never fixes it I will wait until it's $5, too bad since there is no competition for them but 2k still can't manage a legit product, lol.
They announced months ago there will be no further patches for the game, on any platform, outside of the original one.

3chopl0x said:
So I'm really not sure where to post this, but i was just talking to a friend who is currently crashing at my place and apparently his lecturer at uni worked on/is working on Red Dead Redemption and apparently he showed them RDR running on one of the Uni PCs

All i know is he refused to speak any more about what he's actually doing there and that the game was in a incomplete form. But he said it was RDR all the menus and loading screens said RDR and the game looked and played like RDR.

Don't tease me, bro.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just bought the Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition pack, and I now have a copy of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter to give away.

First to quote this post gets it!

JaseC said:
Just bought the Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition pack, and I now have a copy of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter to give away.

edit: woops read as second encounter dont need it

Salsa

JaseC said:

friend of mine who just built a gaming rig would love it! nice co-op for us to play as well

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Scott32020 said:
edit: woops read as second encounter dont need it

Haha, fair enough.

SalsaShark said:
friend of mine who just built a gaming rig would love it! nice co-op for us to play as well

Alrighty. PM me his e-mail address and I'll send it off.

LiquidMetal14 said:
I'll take it.

Sorry :(, Salsa got in first.

Sanic

crimsonheadGCN said:
Here's the official website for Terraria: http://www.terraria.org/

The game's been in development since January 2011, it'll be a Steamworks title, and $9.99

Has there been a fair amount of pre-release hype for this that i've missed? I mean, these guys come out of nowhere and 5 months later they're on Steam? Maybe the game is that good?

Salsa

JaseC said:
Haha, fair enough.

Alrighty. PM me his e-mail address and I'll send it off.

Sorry :(, Salsa got in first.

uughh i feel kinda bad, is it really okay LiquidMetal14 ? im sure it'll go on sale again pretty soon though

anyway, sending pm

mrgone

JaseC said:

They've enabled gifting for the Serious Sam packs now? God damnit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SalsaShark said:
uughh i feel kinda bad, is it really okay LiquidMetal14 ? im sure it'll go on sale again pretty soon though

anyway, sending pm
Don't worry about it. Buyers remorse thread makes me feel guilty as my plate is already full :O

Relax.MX

Lame and sad question but...well...

As already said (to) many times in this thread, my graphic card died

Can play Serius Sam HD in a integrated graphic card? :(

EDIT: Sorry.. i see the demo...

PD: Someone had PvZ of the last offer i pay with paypal

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Do videocards cause crazy energy disruptions? I plugged my wireless mouse into the back USB slot and it was working fine until I played a game and then it couldn't keep up. I moved the receiver to the front of the computer and it was fine. Also my wireless KB would occasionally not type if I moved it too high or to the side but then I used the USB extension cord to move the receiver around front and now it works fine.

Why would a graphics card processing graphics screw up wireless communications?

AcridMeat

Banned
Going to pre-order Dirt 3 tomorrow, I didn't know you get a free copy of Dirt 2 on Steam with it. That said, I'm debating whether to trade the game for something or play it.

Echoplx

Been looking into Terraria and it seems like it had a tough time during development, preview builds being leaked, source code being stolen.. Really makes me sad that people would do this.

1-D_FTW

3chopl0x said:

I wouldn't post it anywhere else. Guy sounds like a BS Artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom