• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if any or all of the Prince of Persia titles on sale today support controllers? I have the 360 wireless controller and I don't want to be disappointed like I was with ME2 ever again.

Salsa

15 dollars for the complete pack? that's awesome.

Can someone gift it to me? im stuck at work until after the bank is closed, i can paypal at around this time tomorrow

edit: oh fuck i want mini ninjas too T_T

im fucked

KarmaCow

Does Mini Ninjas work with a 360 controller? It's either Mini Ninjas or Forgotten Sands. Persistent online connection DRM on Forgotten Sands, nevermind.

mxgt said:
Hoping for 50% off Brotherhood.

It's probably going to be 25%, maybe 33% since it's not part of the week long sale.

coopolon

Ookami-kun said:
...is Mini Ninjas good? O:

It's mediocre. I think a lot of people are so surprised it's not terrible that they tend to overstate its quality. It has a very fun art style and theme and competent mechanics. The first couple hours were a lot of fun. But it started getting very repetitive for me, partly because I found most of the alternative ninjas and newer spells pretty boring. (I did not beat it, got about half way through.)

Edit: Mini Ninjas works perfectly with an Xbox controller.

The Sands of Time trilogy does as well, although you can't navigate the menus in the first game with the controller so still have to have a keyboard handy for that one.

TheExodu5

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
It says Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is excluded on the front page (for the "all week" deal, at least).

If that's the case, then the best we can expect is a day to have 33% off Brotherhood.

Scoops

Banned
It would help if Gaf could leak the schedule for the Ubi week like the EA week was leaked so I can plan my monies accordingly. ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
SalsaShark said:
there seems to be some sort of screw up since EVERY ubi game is showing up with a 33 percent discount for me

yey?

That's intentional, the front page lists it. It excludes AC:B and the newest IL-2 game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
FUCK YES, MINI NINJAS!!

Just a handful of days into the daily deals. Gabe has to be following this thread. THANK YOU GABE!

Salsa

Stumpokapow said:
That's intentional, the front page lists it. It excludes AC:B and the newest IL-2 game.

oh, my bad, thought they were talking about just POP

weird though, since youre better off just waiting for each series to go on sale

get Bloody Good Time if you havent people, not gonna be a daily sale and we have a GAF community in the making since the game is terribly underrated

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Well, looking through Ubisoft's Steam catalog, there isn't anything else they have that I'd care about except BG&E which I already wasted money on for the Steam version (boo).

Sober

KarmaCow said:
Persistent online connection DRM on Forgotten Sands, nevermind.
What the fuck, I thought Ubi killed their perma-online connection DRM bullshit ... guess it only applied to the AC games.

gdt

Daaaaaaaamn at that Prince of Persia deal. I have all of those game already though...

How are the PC versions? Gamepad support?

KarmaCow

Sober said:
What the fuck, I thought Ubi killed their perma-online connection DRM bullshit ... guess it only applied to the AC games.

I'm just going by what's on the page, but maybe they forgot to update it.

gdt5016 said:
Daaaaaaaamn at that Prince of Persia deal. I have all of those game already though...

I'm in the same boat. I have the last 2 on 360 and wouldn't go through them again but I'm on the fence about the original trilogy.
I already own these on PS2, how are the PC versions?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
gdt5016 said:

PoP 2008 has native 360 support that works great.

I think the 'Sands of Time trilogy' might as well as I recall using a 360 controller with them. Though I also recall it being very shoddy, ie. not nearly as good or comfortable as the console versions. Sensitivities felt off, invert issues, etc... Actually I felt on the whole that the trilogy was overall not greatly optimized on PC. Just always had a sour taste playing them on PC despite how cheap I got them over Steam.

Hmm, I'd be down for a Far Cry pack, it's been a while. Might take the first Advanced Warfighter for another spin as I can barely remember how the PC version played... A Heroes V pack as well. The ol' BiB games would be neat! Bring it, Ubi!

Why isn't Rogue Spear on Steam? Doesn't Ubisoft have the rights for that?

Sober

KarmaCow said:
I'm just going by what's on the page, but maybe they forgot to update it.
They cut it out of AC2 and Conviction from what I remember ( shacknews article); the appropriate game pages don't have it listed anymore.

I'll mull it over some more. Since it is gonna be on Steam, 95% of the time I'll also be online, but them keeping the DRM is still awkward to me.

Also, everyone buy PoP2008, it is hella pretty at the very least. Someone go find my LTTP! /shameless

Bigfoot

Brandon F said:
PoP 2008 has native 360 support that works great.

I think the 'Sands of Time trilogy' might as well as I recall using a 360 controller with them. Though I also recall it being very shoddy, ie. not nearly as good or comfortable as the console versions. Sensitivities felt off, invert issues, etc... Actually I felt on the whole that the trilogy was overall not greatly optimized on PC. Just always had a sour taste playing them on PC despite how cheap I got them over Steam.

Not sure about the entire "trilogy", but I just beat Sands of Time on my PC using the 360 controller and had no issues at all in terms of sensitivities and invert issues. It felt just as great as it did when I played it on the GC years ago. The only thing missing was that I had to control the menus with mouse and keyboard so it doesn't have full native 360 support. I may have had to set-up the controls first in the menu too (can't remember) but once playing it worked flawlessly.

I only bought Sands of Time during the Christmas sale as I feel it was the best of the 3 so I can't comment on the other two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom