• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
To PoP2k8 or not to PoP2k8... I'd prefer Rainbow 6 games if they have a day for those...

nexen

apana said:
So that's not yet part of the Ubisoft sale correct? That's just a normal price drop.
no it is part of the sale.
all ubi games (except for 2) are 33% off this week as well. I bet they have an Assassin's Creed day as well and it should go lower than 33% then.

apana said:
So that's not yet part of the Ubisoft sale correct? That's just a normal price drop.

$30 is the normal price. All Ubi games except Cliffs of Dover and Brotherhood will be 33% off this week. Those part of the daily deals will have a larger sale. AC2 will most likely get a 50% off day so the deluxe will be $15.

Edit: beaten

plc268

coopolon said:
It's mediocre. I think a lot of people are so surprised it's not terrible that they tend to overstate its quality. It has a very fun art style and theme and competent mechanics. The first couple hours were a lot of fun. But it started getting very repetitive for me, partly because I found most of the alternative ninjas and newer spells pretty boring. (I did not beat it, got about half way through.)

Edit: Mini Ninjas works perfectly with an Xbox controller.

The Sands of Time trilogy does as well, although you can't navigate the menus in the first game with the controller so still have to have a keyboard handy for that one.

I couldn't agree more with that assessment of Mini Ninjas. I enjoyed the first part of the game, and it was a nice call back to some of the early 3d platformers (like Spyro), but the game gets really repetitive after a while.

It's not a bad game, and I actually recommend it at the price, but it's nothing special.

Traced-Velocity said:
Sigh. Well, let's hope they manage to put it back up before the week ends.

I wouldn't bet on it; it's been unavailable for months now. Supposedly some sort of disagreement about DRM removal or Ubi not releasing a Steam version of a patch or other such shenanigans.

apana

LovingSteam said:
$30 is the normal price. All Ubi games except Cliffs of Dover and Brotherhood will be 33% off this week. Those part of the daily deals will have a larger sale. AC2 will most likely get a 50% off day so the deluxe will be $15.

Edit: beaten

I would prefer $10 but that would be fair enough considering how popular this franchise is .

apana said:
Wait a minute I may be seeing this wrong but Ass Creed 2 deluxe edition has already dropped to $20.
This is because the rest of the Ubisoft games are 33% off this week (excluding AC Brotherhood and IL-2). So I would wait to see if we get an AC day and having the price drop lower before buying @ $20

*Edit* beaten because I was typing slow and drinking my coffee

nexen

I have a question: Is asscreed 2 better than asscreed 1? I hated asscreed 1. Loved the idea but it was extraordinarily repetitive and eventually bored me to tears.

apana

nexen said:
I have a question: Is asscreed 2 better than asscreed 1? I hated asscreed 1. Loved the idea but it was extraordinarily repetitive and eventually bored me to tears.

I've heard it is much better. I intend to start out on 2 and just watch the story from 1 on you tube.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have way too many games like PoP on PS3 to finish to consider this deal. I still have to start:

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
God of War 3
Enslaved
Uncharted 2
God of War collection

And I'm working on Castlevania right now.

Yeah I think I'm good on this type of game until 2015 :\

I'm looking forward to an all-encompassing "Tom Clancy" sale though. I'd like to pick up the Ghost Recon stuff. Debating on whether or not to hold out for the Splinter Cell trilogy on PS3 though...

nexen said:

AC2 is loads better than the first. I really liked the first but the second one didn't seem nearly as repetitive which was a major plus.

John

nexen said:
i wouldn't say so, but most people do like 2 more than 1.

cicero

Princess Skittles said:
The Witcher?

I don't have GoG (yet), so maybe I'll try it. Is it one of the games I can buy there and then register on Steam?

Hmm. Well I'll check some more videos/impressions at least, it seemed a lot more interesting than the typical WRPG to me from what little I've seen.
There are no GoG games that register on Steam...

Go register there now. They are a great digital distribution service, they offer extras with your games, NO DRM, updated compatibility for modern systems for the older games, great everyday prices and decent weekly sales, and a brilliant selection of PC titles, many of which are exclusive.

Yep, I'm a staunch hater of AC1 after much hype.

Then they wen't and fixed AC2 and it was great great great.

Brotherhood was fun, but I am now done with the franchise.

AC2 is my favorite by far.

Forkball

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is certainly worth $3.50 as long as Ubi didn't botch the PC port. I'd stay away from The Warrior Within though. Just google "warrior within metal thong" and bam, you already saw most of the game.

Definitely buying Mini Ninjas. Loved it on the 360. I'll probably pick up the 2008 Prince of Persia as well, maybe the trilogy. I've love to buy The Forgotten Sands but screw that DRM. I can normally deal with most DRM but not one that requires a constant Internet connection to play a single player game.

City of Heroes Going Rogue: Complete Collection is available for 50% off until May 30th at 10AM Pacific Time.

Add another sale for the week.

Javaman

Even with everything 33% off, I'd hold off till the end in case something shows up as a daily deal. Just like they usually do during the summer/winter sales. No since buying something for 33% off when it just may end up being cheaper throughout the week.

Ok, here's my guess:

M: Prince Of Persia Series
T: HAWX Series (They could add the Blazing Angel Series too)
W: Splinter Cell Series
T: Ghost Recon Series or Rainbow Six Series (Maybe they do a whole day or split them into two)
F: Might And Magic Series
S: Assassin's Creed Series
S: Settler's Series

coopolon

jaundicejuice said:
So Prince of Persia '08 and Forgotten Sands have native pad support for the 360 but it looks as though no one can confirm if the earlier 3 PoP's do or do not have pad support.

Just poking through the steam user forum and seeing what problems, solutions and information is out there.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=453

I have played Sands of Time and Warrior Within on PC with a wireless 360 pad with no problems. You still have to use keyboard/mouse to navigate menus in Sands of Time though. I can't imagine they would have taken the 360 support out of the third game after having it in the first two.

Ah, cool, thanks. So it looks like the only downside to this deal is Forgotten Sands DRM. I don't think I'll let that stop me since the rest of the package is pretty awesome. Plus I want to see how 08 looks on my rig.

Also, fuck yeah, Assassin's Creed day, that's what I'm waiting for.

Mr_Zombie

Princess Skittles said:
The Witcher?

I don't have GoG (yet), so maybe I'll try it. Is it one of the games I can buy there and then register on Steam?

If you're not one of those people that don't buy anyting that isn't on Steam, buy the game on GoG. Not only is the game $5 there, but you will also get an artbook, calendar, game guide, game manual, ost, maps and wallpapers. So a lot of free stuff ;)

Seems like Rovio wants to get Angry Birds on Steam, but they don't have a time frame of when that's going to happen. It'll probably go up shortly after their exclusive deal for Intel's App Store is done.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Seems like Rovio wants to get Angry Birds on Steam, but they don't have a time frame of when that's going to happen. It'll probably go up shortly after their exclusive deal for Intel's App Store is done.

The Steam forum idiots will be up in arms announcing they will never buy another game on Steam again, boycotting Valve, and threatening to sue them in court for going casual.

Twig

Banned
LovingSteam said:
The Steam forum idiots will be up in arms announcing they will never buy another game on Steam again, boycotting Valve, and threatening to sue them in court for going casual.
Meanwhile, the more reasonable Steam population is just angry that they're allowing such an awful game on the service in the first place.

Sblargh

Banned
Heroes of Might and Magic V for someone who never played any of them, but like Civilization and Europa Universallis.
Yay or nay?
(or being a turn-based combat has absolutely nothing to do with other turn-based stuff?)

Twig said:
Meanwhile, the more reasonable Steam population is just angry that they're allowing such an awful game on the service in the first place.

I couldn't care what games Valve allows on the service as long as people are interested in buying them.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
LovingSteam said:
Twig said:
And every one of them will buy it during the Christmas sale.

bjaelke

Sblargh said:
Heroes of Might and Magic V for someone who never played any of them, but like Civilization and Europa Universallis.
Yay or nay?
(or being a turn-based combat has absolutely nothing to do with other turn-based stuff?)
It's less focused on micromanagement and more on combat. King's Bounty has clearly been inspired by the HOM&M franchise.

I'd recommend it!

nexen said:
Didn't like 1 but enjoyed 2 a good deal. It did get a bit repetitive towards the end but a lot better than the first. Must say I have no urge to play Brotherhood though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom