• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The_Technomancer said:
Damn, bought Settlers. It'll probably be cheaper during a holiday sale, but I really really wanted that game.

And it'd probably be the non-Gold edition

1-D_FTW

I mentioned I was looking at the Razer Onza controller earlier and I finally have some impressions: Ugh. I really wish Best Buy had these instock and I hadn't ordered from Newegg. Immediate buyers remorse. I would have taken it back immediately. The stock wired controller for 33.99 at Newegg would have been so much better.

The adjustable sticks are complete garbage. If you're considering this controller, save yourself the 10 dollars and get the non-tournament edition. What a stupid gimmick.

The d-pad is 4 separate buttons. Maybe I'll find it's actually good for something like Nimbus (which is one of the rare times I use the d-pad), but it's unlike any d-pad I've ever seen.

The buttons are VASTLY superior to the stock 360 controller (assuming they last). Mouse clicky and not hard pebbles like the stock 360. Maybe this will redeem the controller long term for me.

The analog triggers just have bad ergonomics that could have easily been improved.

OH, and the bright lights the illuminate each button? Let's just say the dude who made that thread about the Live button would have a stroke if he saw these things.

epmode

Alucrid said:
So...some how my CC was charged 2 $50 transactions by Steam. Thing is it wasn't my account. I called them up and they said they can't dispute the charges until they've cleared and I've opened a ticket with Steam and nothing yet. When I do contest the charges it should fuck over their account, right? Would this still happen if they were tricky and tried to gift it from a dummy account too?
Performing a chargeback for those purchases should entirely freeze the account in question. I don't believe that they would be able to gift anything at that point but I'm not sure.

Forkball

Midweek Madness for this week = Dungeons (50% off) and all Sam and Max stuff (66% off). Right now there are 112 games on sale. For you this is one of the greatest days of your life, but for Steam... it is Tuesday.

Zzoram

epmode said:
Performing a chargeback for those purchases should entirely freeze the account in question. I don't believe that they would be able to gift anything at that point but I'm not sure.

Don't chargeback or else it might mess up your real account too since it's also tied to the same credit card.

Well, if you do chargeback, first remove your CC info from your Steam account. Either way, you need to cancel your CC since someone obviously has it.

confused

Banned
Forkball said:
Midweek Madness for this week = Dungeons (50% off) and all Sam and Max stuff (66% off). Right now there are 112 games on sale. For you this is one of the greatest days of your life, but for Steam... it is Tuesday.

Bought.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, with Dungeons being 50% off and only 3 months old, is it safe to say the game likely didn't meet sales expectations?

Zzoram

Drkirby said:
So, with Dungeons being 50% off and only 3 months old, is it safe to say the game likely didn't meet sales expectations?

Most definitely. It's supposed to be pretty good but not as good as it should be. Also, they clearly marketed it as a Dungeon Keeper clone but it's actually quite different so that may have caused confusion and turned off some people.

Then again, I'm pretty sure Tropico 3 didn't do most of it's sales at $40 either.

Salsa

HEADS UP:

Gamersgate has a pretty killer deal going on atm that consists of:

DDB-ENTWGOTYE.jpg

Empire Total War gold (main game + All DLC) + Napoleon Total War GOTY (main game + All DLC) for a total of 16.98 USD

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-ENTWG...eon-total-war-game-of-the-year-edition-bundle

both games can (and need to) activate on Steam

jump on itttt

Was the Settlers 7 extra content released as an expansion pack on physical media, or is it purely digital content? I have a physical copy but there's no way I could buy the dlc/exp alone through Steam without having the base copy. Does Ubisoft have a digital store? Is that something I even want to contemplate using?

I'm just trying to figure if it's worth trying to track down the extra content or if I should just rebuy this through Steam.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SalsaShark said:
HEADS UP:

Gamersgate has a pretty killer deal going on atm that consists of:

http://www.gamersgate.com/img/boximgs/big/DDB-ENTWGOTYE.jpg[/IMG

Empire Total War gold (main game + All DLC) + Napoleon Total War GOTY (main game + All DLC) for a total of [B]16.98 USD[/B]

[url]http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-ENTWGOTYE/empire-and-napoleon-total-war-game-of-the-year-edition-bundle[/url]

[B]both games can (and need to) activate on Steam[/B]

jump on itttt[/QUOTE]
Those games go on sale all the time, on tons of services.

dLMN8R

I feel like I'm the only person of everyone I know who has actually finished every Telltale episode of Sam and Max. They're such fantastic games, especially season 3, that it's sad to see practically no one actually finish them. Even though I know a ton of people actually own them on Steam through sales or whatever, they just never actually gave them a shot.

Dynoro

jaundicejuice said:
Was the Settlers 7 extra content released as an expansion pack on physical media, or is it purely digital content? I have a physical copy but there's no way I could buy the dlc/exp alone through Steam without having the base copy. Does Ubisoft have a digital store? Is that something I even want to contemplate using?

I'm just trying to figure if it's worth trying to track down the extra content or if I should just rebuy this through Steam.
I think its digital only; Ubisoft has an online store for it

dLMN8R said:
I feel like I'm the only person of everyone I know who has actually finished every Telltale episode of Sam and Max. They're such fantastic games, especially season 3, that it's sad to see practically no one actually finish them. Even though I know a ton of people actually own them on Steam through sales or whatever, they just never actually gave them a shot.
Hi, I'm Steve Winwood. Now you know someone who has done the same!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Carefully considering Sam & Max... I never really did adventure games, but this might be different...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I cracked on Sam & Max as well. No more! Even if it is Rainbow 6 collection. I'm done for a while.

dLMN8R said:

Hey there! Now you know a second person who has. :p

I've loved almost everything Telltale has put out.

Salsa

Deadstar said:
I've been waiting for this to go on sale.

The first two season (specially the first one) have been terribly neglected as far as Steam sales go.

Hopefully everyone who wanted to try the first ones instead of starting right into the 3rd one will jump in now.

Lime

Guys, just use this patcher instead of messing around with hex values. Much more simple and took me 10 seconds to get it to work.

stuminus3 said:
Here's how to run Sam & Max Season One in widescreen resolutions.

Not the most elegant solution, and you'll see occasional weirdness (usually when the camera pans off-screen, but it's rare), but it works. All Telltale games after Season One have proper native/HOR+ widescreen support.

Ehm, no. It's not that advanced. Simply download this .exe file, put it in your respective Season One folder and run the patcher.

You can also read this thread for further info: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15758

Dambrosi

Banned
I'd crack on Sam & Max, but I'm currently defragging my Steam drive, so it'll have to wait. No, really, it was a massive sea of red when I used Disk Defragmenter to analyze it :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wouldn't mind Sam and Max.

The individual seasons are sort of a rip-off compared to the complete collection though:

Individual Seasons; $10.20 + $10.20 + $11.90 = $32.30
All three seasons; $17.00

stuminus3

SalsaShark said:
can i play them windowed on the native resolution?

cant remember..
Yes, you can. Either through the in-game menu (which takes a while to get to) or just alt-enter at the intro.

Lime said:
Ehm, no. It's not that advanced. Simply download this .exe file, put it in your respective Season One folder and run the patcher.

You can also read this thread for further info: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15758
Cool, thanks.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
speculawyer said:
I'd buy the entire Sam & Max collection at full price if they came with the TF2 Max bunny ears. :-(
Ahahahaha. I think my bro had some and he traded them for like 4-5 rare hats w/ effects. Shit is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom