• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
wait

when the fuck did they add the countdown timer to the store page of every discounted item

gabe is on some lex luthor type shit

Stallion Free said:
Show our Steam receipts you say?

0KzO9.gif
:lol

cicero

Hearts of Iron 2 - Complete, Patricians and Merchants - $7.55
Medal of Honor: Airborne - $2.71
SimCity 4 Deluxe - $5.41
Borderlands DLC Claptrap - $2.69
Bioshock 2 - $5.40
Frozenbyte Collection Retail (Humble Bundle 3 activation) - $10
Mafia - $2.69
Aliens vs Predator (Retail activation) - $4.95
SEGA Genesis Classics Collection (NA) - $10.81
Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods EE - $2.74
Medieval II: Total War - $2.74
Fallout New Vegas (Retail activation) - $19.99
Cricket Revolution - $1.08
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Legacy of Kain Character Pack, Lara Croft GOL DLC: All the Trappings, Lara Croft GOL DLC: Hazardous Reunion - $3.87
AI Wars: The Zenith Remnant, AI War: Children of Neinzul - $4.87
Monday Night Combat - $14.77
Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne - $2.19
Chocolatier: Decadence by Design, Hotel Dash - $4.64
Shattered Union, CivCity: Rome, Children of the Nile Complete Pack, Hinterland, Broken Sword: Director's Cut - $10.50
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC, Flight Control HD - $12.78

Total: $130-ish

Also spent like $35 in TF2 at the start of the year. Here I thought it was more like $20. Should be ashamed to spend anything... :(

Out of all that I have only played SEGA Classics Collection, Fallout: New Vegas, Broken Sword, Flight Control HD, and like an hour of Monday Night Combat... Joe Molotov sure made me feel better about my now miniscule purchase history for this year so far. Though I should have gone for that Napoleon: Total War Bundle Retail/Empire: Total War Gold Retail bundle last weekend though, that and The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - Gold Edition. Regret buying Monday Night Combat, and probably will end up regretting Medal of Honor: Airborne, Cricket Revolution, Aliens vs Predator, and Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods EE.

On a side note, I skipped buying Arsenal of Democracy and bought Hearts of Iron 2 alone. Am I missing out on anything great?

Salsa

not really regreting my purchase.. but there's like, 2 people playing on the paid content of Trackmania :/

seems id get almost as much from it if i got the free version.

Cipherr

I cannot believe this. TM is the deal.......and I really, and truly, dont have the $10, and wont till Friday. FML had I handled my taxes on time I wouldnt be dealing with this shit, all my fault.

cicero

SalsaShark said:
not really regreting my purchase.. but there's like, 2 people playing on the paid content of Trackmania :/

oh don't say this now, I just bought it 30 seconds ago.. :|

Shaneus

SalsaShark said:

I have the full one and play it (almost) all the time! Rarely multiplayer, though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Bionic Commando, Mafia II DLC - Jimmys Vendetta, Ion Assault, Mafia II DLC Joe's Adventures - $17.47
NBA 2K11, Indie Flight Pack, Back to the Future: The Game - $47.47
Lara Croft GOL DLC: All the Trappings, Lara Croft GOL DLC: Hazardous Reunion - $2.36
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising, Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars - $17.47
Magicka - $9.99
Majesty 2, Majesty 2: Kingmaker - $6.00
Battle: Los Angeles (shut up i was curious) - $9.99
Portal 2 (preorder) - $44.99
The Wonderful End of the World, Cogs, Toki Tori, BIT.TRIP.BEAT, Rush, 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! - $24.94
Magicka: Vietnam - $4.99
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword - $13.49
Section 8: Prejudice - $13.49
Dead Space 2 - $23.99
Medal of Honor: Airborne - $2.50
SpaceChem, Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $19.48
Napoleon: Total War Bundle Retail, Empire: Total War Bundle Retail - $16.97 (bundle at green man)
Sam and Max: Seasons 1-3 - $17.00

Total Games - 32
Total DLCs - 5

Total Cost - $292.59

Average Cost Per Game = $9.14

Cipherr

SalsaShark said:

Oh. Well maybe its not so bad, lol. I just want TM2 anyways.

Salsa

Hey dont get me wrong, you get 7 times the amount of content of the free one.

Its just that i was mostly interested in the MP aspect of it.

I'll still get more than enough mileage from the thing. Its worth it.

Twig

Banned
SalsaShark said:

Yeah, that's the problem with playing it online. Everybody just plays Stadium.

It's why I hope they don't offer a free version of Trackmania 2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fortix $0.99
Sam and Max: Seasons 1-3 $17.00
Prince of Persia Complete Pack $15
The Final Hours of Portal 2 $1.99
Serious Sam Gold Pack (ROW) $9.99
Crysis Complete (AU/JP) $7.49
Dead Space $3.75
Plants vs. Zombies $3.40
F.E.A.R.: Ultimate Shooter Edition $9.99
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
Metro 2033 Retail $Free ($8 or so from Impulse)
Magicka + Wizard's Survival Kit + Vietnam $7.99
Borderlands GOTY $7.50
Frozenbyte Collection Retail $Free (Think I paid $12 for the Humble Bundle)
Mafia $2.49
Potato Sack $38.72
Super Mear Boy $7.49
Winterbottom $4.99
Nimbus $4.99
SEGA Mega Drive Classics Collection (ROW) $9.99
Bloogy Good Time (EMEA Retail) $Free
Zeit2 - Retail (EMEA) $Free
R.U.S.E. DLC3 Retail $Free
R.U.S.E. Retail $Free
Darksiders $10.00
Humble Indie Bundle 2 - Retail $Free (Again, around $12)

Not listed: Portal 2 ($44.94 - went in a 2-pack with a GAFer) and Accessed Content for the Potato Sack games (I imagine this is referring to the Portal 2-themed content that was added to the games during the ARG).

Total: ~$250.69. Not bad.

Well I'm still waiting for my PC from NCIX, but all this week I've been jumping on some deals on GoG and Steam in preparation. Downloading and such ahead of time so I can get right in to things when Purolator comes.

That said, after so often looking at Trackmania when I didn't have a PC to play it on, I finally picked up, too good of a deal to pass up. I ended up picking up the Sam & Max Complete Collection while I was at it. With those two games, and the GoG games I picked up (Witcher, Syberia, Syberia II, all $5 a piece) I have quite a good head start. The adventure games especially will be filling plenty of my time, and I still haven't gotten to the big games I want to pick up in the Witcher 2 and Dirt 3!

I don't even have my new PC yet but already I can see the dangers that Steam presents, I think I'll have to keep my CC info off or I'll impulse buy way too much.

TheExodu5

Banned
FourSerioux said:
Well I'm still waiting for my PC from NCIX, but all this week I've been jumping on some deals on GoG and Steam in preparation. Downloading and such ahead of time so I can get right in to things when Purolator comes.

That said, after so often looking at Trackmania when I didn't have a PC to play it on, I finally picked up, too good of a deal to pass up. I ended up picking up the Sam & Max Complete Collection while I was at it. With those two games, and the GoG games I picked up (Witcher, Syberia, Syberia II, all $5 a piece) I have quite a good head start. The adventure games especially will be filling plenty of my time, and I still haven't gotten to the big games I want to pick up in the Witcher 2 and Dirt 3!

I don't even have my new PC yet but already I can see the dangers that Steam presents, I think I'll have to keep my CC info off or I'll impulse buy way too much.

Definitely a good start.

Also make sure to get the Valve Complete Pack when it next goes on sale.

In the mean time...why don't I help get you get off to an even better start? Do you want Half-Life 2 and Portal?

TheExodu5 said:
Definitely a good start.

Also make sure to get the Valve Complete Pack when it next goes on sale.

In the mean time...why don't I help get you get off to an even better start? Do you want Half-Life 2 and Portal?

While I absolutely appreciate the offer, very kind of you, I already have most of the Valve games, outside of the L4D series. I had a PC up to about right when TF2 came out, where I was just able to play it, but the system I had was not able to push it very far past low settings. Also, while I was big into PC gaming in the late 90's and such, I've never had a high end rig, so I'm looking forward to getting going on something with a decent power for current games (2500k, gtx 570).

Again though, thanks for the offer!

At the point I was playing Steam was still in it's infancy and they didn't really have all the deals they have, so I can't say I'm used to that. Easy enough to see now though that building a good collection without spending a ton is not a difficult thing to do, just gotta be patient. Definitely love seeing where it is now, after the pain it was when it was in beta when I was playing the CS Source Beta.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SalsaShark said:

Here is something to be thankful for, the free version now has a "Play 4, sit out 1" feature. Now you don't have to worry about it.

FourSerioux said:

You think that Steam presents a danger now, just wait till their big Summer Sale at the end of June...

JaseC

The Quiet Man said:
You think that Steam presents a danger now, just wait till their big Summer Sale at the end of June...

I should have my new PC by then. I can already hear my wallet whimpering.

Oreoleo

JaseC said:
I should have my new PC by then. I can already hear my wallet whimpering.

I just want to quote your avatar every time you post. It always fits. Especially when you were talking shit about Fable :D

JaseC

Orellio said:
I just want to quote your avatar every time you post. It always fits. Especially when you were speaking the truth about Fable :D

Quote away my good man! Also, fixed.

WarZombie

Neo Member
SapientWolf said:
AI War is worth it, IMO. Especially with the more beginner friendly modes included in the Light of the Spire expansion.

Awesome, I guess I'll be picking this up along with Hoard and Trackmania, then.

Big-E

$44.99Purchase
The Witcher 2 (ROW)

$7.99Purchase
Magicka + Wizard's Survival Kit + Vietnam

$8.99Purchase
Anomaly: Warzone Earth

$44.99Purchase
Portal 2 (preorder)

$59.99Purchase
Dragon Age II

$29.99Purchase
Dragon Age: Origins - The Awakening

$29.99Purchase
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution (Imperial Guard pack - preorder)

$2.49Purchase
Hitman: Blood Money

$49.99Purchase
Two Worlds II

$64.99Purchase
Dead Space, Dead Space 2

Total: $344.40

Can't believe I bought Dragon Age II. God damn it.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I found a awesome solution for resisting steam sales:

Every time something is hugely discounted, I ask myself: Will I play/finish this game within the next 4 months? If the answer is yes, I'm free to go. Answer is no: Wait for next huge sale, buy then!

With my huge backlog, this answer is no most of the time lol

Chris R

Motherboard died yesterday. When I get a new one a win7 reinstall will be required. Any way to pull the game data off the drive before it gets nuked to prevent a ton of redownloading (at least 40 gigs :( ) or do I have to redownload everything?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
rhfb said:
Motherboard died yesterday. When I get a new one a win7 reinstall will be required. Any way to pull the game data off the drive before it gets nuked to prevent a ton of redownloading (at least 40 gigs :( ) or do I have to redownload everything?

Just backup your steam folder, or more specifically the steamapps folder in the steam folder.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So hows trackmania? I never joined the party back in the day, does it hold up? It it still fun? For singleplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom