• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Ok I'm just going to get a game.

Civilization V or Shogun Total War
6b7720f48d804b1bde937f79cd529e645d4d4134.jpg

Kuran said:
Am I crazy for not going for the AC2 deal? The character design, presentation and voice acting just doesn't appeal to me at all. Haven't played any AC before due to there not being a demo.

I was new to the AC franchise when I got AC2 (Console) and it was interesting at first. Then I lost interest doing seemingly similar stuff and the fighting wasn't too tough if I remember correctly. The good thing it had was platforming, sometimes it pissed me off when the easy path finding mechanics took me somewhere I didn't want to go. I had no problem shipping this to my brother even though I wasn't finish with it, and still don't really care to play it.

Note: I love open world games. Saints Row 2, PS3 GTAs, Fallout new gen, Oblivion, Burnout Paradise.

Ploid 3.0

Cool going to grab it, thanks. Looked at a review for each from AngryJoe (youtube) and he seemed to like this more also. Better online.

apana

Kuran said:
Am I crazy for not going for the AC2 deal? The character design, presentation and voice acting just doesn't appeal to me at all. Haven't played any AC before due to there not being a demo.

Do you like the setting? This game is kind of awesome. I just love walking around and looking at everything, oh and punching random people is great.

sk3tch

Sorry if it is not appropriate to post this here...but has anyone seen this message? Trying to launch CoD: BlOps MP and it says it's "unavailable"...

Should I delete and reinstall? I tried exiting and restarting Steam...nada.

(click to enlarge)

EDIT: singleplayer works fine. Trying to launch multiplayer from singleplayer menu - same error message. :-/

Exuro

sk3tch said:
Sorry if it is not appropriate to post this here...but has anyone seen this message? Trying to launch CoD: BlOps MP and it says it's "unavailable"...

Should I delete and reinstall? I tried exiting and restarting Steam...nada.

(click to enlarge)
Have you tried deleting clientregistry.blob and restarting?

sk3tch

Exuro said:
Have you tried deleting clientregistry.blob and restarting?

yup...same error...thanks for the help, though! my other games work. maybe it is a cod: blops problem. updating for the new map pack? I dunno.

sk3tch

Exuro said:
You could try verifying the game cache but I doubt that's the issue.

that fixed it! you are a beautiful man. thank you and thanks to Nabs as well for bringing me down off the ledge. ;)

edit: although maybe that was coincidental as once the game launches I can't get online. the cod status page doesn't indicate any probs...ah well must be a sign i should go to bed. thanks again guys, nite.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
gdt5016 said:
Fuck it, bought ACII.

I fear I'm quickly becoming a Steam addict...
You're not one yet??

Oh man. Just wait till the end of June, then the shit will hit your proverbial fan.

Edgeward

This fucking ubisoft launcher is pissed me off. Getting ACII to even start is such a pain in the ass to do with this shitty launcher.

In case anyone else is having problems run the game as admin, that fixed all of the dumb error messages it was giving me.

Kevin

I'm pretty sure tomorrows deal will be IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. Assassin's Creed and that game were both listed as not part of the 33% sale and since Assassin's Cred stuff went up today, it's likely the IL-2 game will be on sale tomorrow.

Aselith

I'd love to see a Heroes of Might and Magic sale tomorrow but that's almost certainly not happening unless they just have a blowout deal tomorrow and put everything that hasn't been a daily sale at higher discount.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Broken Ska Record said:
If an Ubisoft week doesn't have a day of Tom Clancy games for sale, it's a shitty Ubisoft week.

Can....can they even have a sales week without Tom Clancy games? That doesn't even compute properly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
drizzle said:
Wired 360 controllers work without a single hitch and, funny enough, if you plug a wired controller, the wireless one works properly.
That is great to know, since my wired Controller is not in the best of shape. I wonder if it will take any wired controller, like a Guitar Hero Guitar and such.

Kevin

Anyone else having problems launching ACII in Windows 7 64-Bit? It starts, you quickly see a box and then it just goes back to the desktop.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Dat animation gave me such an erection. Man he really brought some of those scenes to life with his talent.

Holy shit he has done some awesome HL2 stuff too.
Yeah I love this guy. I wish all games would have animations like that during gameplay. Much more important to me than polygons. U:

Salsa

thanks to ass creed and its white-ness i found a new dead pixel on my 26 inch screen now

this game keeps giving me reasons to hate it

Returners

have a question regarding gifts.

I already have a copy of Portal 2 from the PS3 copy i redeemed on steam, I want to gift another copy to a friend. The thing is I want to buy it retail.

Can I buy the copy, register the key on my account and gift it to him?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Returners said:
have a question regarding gifts.

I already have a copy of Portal 2 from the PS3 copy i redeemed on steam, I want to gift another copy to a friend. The thing is I want to buy it retail.

Can I buy the copy, register the key on my account and gift it to him?

Why not just give your friend the key? Gifting the game from your account seems rather roundabout.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
mojiimbo said:
I really wish they had run World in Conflict at 75% off instead of Ruse. :-/
I don't know if it was limited to the demo but the default deathmatch rules in RUSE really rubbed me the wrong way.

IrishNinja

$10 for ACII ain't bad...what's the over/under on seeing that for that price or less at the big summer sale? ive still got a backlog to work through, only looking to buy in on new stuff (or for later replays) at the moment.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Returners said:
my friend is in canada and i'm buying the asia version, you think it will work?

It should. People have had no issues with, say, registering a UK key on a US account.

Donos

Finally started some Steam deals backlog. Played an hours of Dirt 2 (bought it for 3€) and wow this game is fun and beatiful. Could not find the Dirt 2 OT via google. Can someone help me ? my google fu is weak :(

Carm

Kevin said:
Anyone else having problems launching ACII in Windows 7 64-Bit? It starts, you quickly see a box and then it just goes back to the desktop.

Zero issues here, just installed and booted up fine.

itxaka

Defeatist
Kevin said:

Nope, no problems here.

Just in case, uninstall ubisift game launcher, remove all the files that could be left in "program files/ubisoft/ubisoft game launcher" and reinstall it. You can find it online or in your AC2 steam folder in the redist folder.

I had issues with it at first, did that and it worked.

Oh and the 360 wireless controller is a pain in the ass, but I have already the xinput.dll and 360ce.ini files for other games (Dead rising 2) so just copying it to the folder makes it work with no problems. Same with AC1. If anyone needs them, let me know and i'll upload it to my dropbox. Works for other games with no 360 wireless support and it needs no config at all.

So it's fixed in 1 minute. Do not let ubisoft shitty support get in the middle of getting AC2, it's a great game.

Joe Molotov

TheExodu5 said:
3) Wireless 360 controller is not supported. No native 360 controller support, though the wired 360 controller works fine out of the box, minus the 360 button prompts.

The Wireless 360 controller does work in ACII.

confused

Banned
coopolon said:
Gamestop is apparently selling a steam registrable version of fallout 3 goty on their digital store for $15. I know fallout 3 is not a game you can normally register on steam, but I guess gamestop is selling a version that is. It has been confirmed by three people to work on steam in the cag thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295649

Website for the deal: http://www.gamestop.com/collection/...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-2afgYS4kpwuT6DWXSFtZYA

As always buyer beware, but now four people have confirmed it works on cag so it seems to be legit.

confused said:
For the new page : I'm willing to trade Just cause 2 and Assassins Creed 2 for a Fallout 3 Steam key

Steam ID : Zaangamer

Thanks IrishNinja. You rock.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So today is pretty much guaranteed to be a Tom Clancy day?

Hrm. I might get Rainbow Six Vegas 2 if its like $2.50 but I'm not really into those games. Boring.

coopolon

IrishNinja said:
sheeeeeeeeeeit

i dont see it hitting $20, even at the summer sale. going in, thanks for the heads-up.

Fallout New Vegas has been $20 for awhile at GameStop if one of those is closer to your home.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Snuggler said:
So today is pretty much guaranteed to be a Tom Clancy day?

Hrm. I might get Rainbow Six Vegas 2 if its like $2.50 but I'm not really into those games. Boring.
Nope, it is going to be Petz Day!

header_586x192.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom