• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopolon

Haha, this thread is going crazy right now and it's hard to find a consensus on most of these games.

I think I'm going to go with all the Splinter Cells (even if they get cheaper than $4 before I play them, we're talking about like a dollar here, who cares.) And I think I'm going to get all the Rainbow Six games except lockdown, because apparently lockdown is terrible?

Wasn't there a Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear Gold Pack?
I'd swear I saw that this week for something like 5 bucks and decided I'd buy it whenever there was a Tom Clancy sale?

Echoplx

So if I were to get 1 rainbow six game and 1 splinter cell game it would have to be Rainbow Six 3 and which splinter cell game?

Sober

mattiewheels said:
- Is R6 3 the oldest R6 game on steam? I loved the tactical stuff they forced you to do before games in the earlier ones.
Yeah, R6 3 is the last tactical Rainbow Six game as well.

But the R6Vegas games are just as fun, but more like Republic Commando-ish in squad control and the guns are probably the most satisfying in any shooter I've ever played. It has pretty much everything - fire selectors, silences, it tracks ammo properly (lol ammo pool), plenty of customization; cover is just as good since it has blind fire (which I love), they just don't have those ridiculous "SWAT maneuvers" I don't care about anyway.

Hmm, I'm gonna double-dip on Chaos Theory. I bought it week one but it has Starforce on the disc, so I'll be damned if I want to install it again that way.

Also, is Conviction worth getting to play Deniable Ops
by myself? /loser

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SalsaShark said:
so.. any reason i should get Vegas 1? or should i just jump into 2 if im low on money?
If you are going to play it now, go for it. My gut says that before years end the pack will be 75% off instead.

SonofdonCD said:
Can anyone tell me if GRAW 2 is worth it? I bought the first one on 360 and loved it to death. Never got around to the sequel.
They're different games on PC I believe. Which is to say that they're first person instead of third.

Squalltdx

So I started playing Assassins Creed 2 today but I've run into 2 problems very early, 1st issue is when I start the game it freezes at the Ubi logo animation for over 30 seconds and it eventually plays and goes to the title screen. The 2nd issue is the game just randomly seems to minimize back to desktop every several minutes. Besides those 2 issues the game seems to be running great so I'm not sure what may be causing it. Anyone else experience this?

Quake1028

Squalltdx said:
So I started playing Assassins Creed 2 today but I've run into 2 problems very early, 1st issue is when I start the game it freezes at the Ubi logo animation for over 30 seconds and it eventually plays and goes to the title screen. The 2nd issue is the game just randomly seems to minimize back to desktop every several minutes. Besides those 2 issues the game seems to be running great so I'm not sure what may be causing it. Anyone else experience this?

People seem to be having luck running in ADMIN mode.

Buttonbasher said:
They're different games on PC I believe. Which is to say that they're first person instead of third.
I had forgotten about that. Thanks for reminding me. I'll just get it on the cheap on 360 then.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So GRAW 1 or 2? Never played any of the Ghost Recon games.

LQX

I now kind of regret buying AC2. For years I have been avoiding games that use SecureRom because I just did not want that shit on my systems but I think this shit of a DRM they have might be far worse as its thrown in your face. These fuckers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Play with the settings.ini of the Hawx demo, love how I can just turn view distance up higher then high. I am now going to try adding a zero do everything and seeing how it preforms and looks.

szaromir

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
MY STEAM LIBRARY IS OVER NINE HUNDRED!
, not (for future reference)
I've never played a Rainbow Six game (not counting Vegas demo, which I didn't like), I have a copy of Rogue Spear though, should I skip it and buy R6 3 though?

People who don't buy/own Rainbow Six 3: Gold at that price are objectively bad people.

I'm thinking long and hard on whether or not I should take GRAW 1 for another spin, I can't remember how it played on PC.

Is there some shitty DRM with GRAW 1? I've heard bad things about Ubisoft and shitty DRM on PC (like Assassin's Creed 2 requiring you to stay online)

1-D_FTW

Finally loaded up Dirt 1 for the first time. People who said the controls sucked with a wheel weren't kidding. Glad I only paid around 2.00 dollars, because it's an uninstall and never play again.

The good news: Backlog, -1.

Kaizen

great... I opened Steam because I wanted to delete some games to free-up some hard disk space... now I'm installing Chaos Theory :(

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Didn't buy anything during Ubi week. I nearly pulled the trigger on the Prince of Persia pack. Probably should have. But ah well, it'll go on sale again.

That's actually how I've been saving myself (and my wallet) from Steam sales, by the way.

I was going down the same path as many of you. Paying $2-$5 for games just because of the price and not because of the game. Or nabbing something on sale "just to have it." Like many others, I rapidly accumulated a library of 100+ games, at a cost of $250+, only to realize there was about ~10 games I ever wanted to actually PLAY.

The realization that things will go on sale again has really helped me.

I wanted the PoP pack, but I won't play it right now, so why not wait for the summer sale? Likewise, I'm mildly interested in GRAW 2 and HAWX, but I probably wouldn't play them before summer, and there's a good chance they'll both be $5 then.

Basically, I don't buy if there's no intent to play. If I suddenly get the urge, the next steam sale is only a couple months away...

Edit: I did nab NightSky though. <3 Nicalis.

1-D_FTW

GDJustin said:
Didn't buy anything during Ubi week. I nearly pulled the trigger on the Prince of Persia pack. Probably should have. But ah well, it'll go on sale again.

That's actually how I've been saving myself (and my wallet) from Steam sales, by the way.

I was going down the same path as many of you. Paying $2-$5 for games just because of the price and not because of the game. Or nabbing something on sale "just to have it." Like many others, I rapidly accumulated a library of 100+ games, at a cost of $250+, only to realize there was about ~10 games I ever wanted to actually PLAY.

The realization that things will go on sale again has really helped me.

I wanted the PoP pack, but I won't play it right now, so why not wait for the summer sale? Likewise, I'm mildly interested in GRAW 2 and HAWX, but I probably wouldn't play them before summer, and there's a good chance they'll both be $5 then.

Basically, I don't buy if there's no intent to play. If I suddenly get the urge, the next steam sale is only a couple months away...

Edit: I did nab NightSky though. <3 Nicalis.

There's no crying in baseball and no logic allowed in Steam threads. WTF? Didn't you see me just celebrating my backlog being -1? Did I fixate on the fact I purchased 4 games today and am actually +3 on the backlog for the day? No, sir. That's not how I roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom