• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Just ACII and Splinter Cell Conviction on my end.

SCC won't won't on my native res either, and I have a wierd set up through my HDTV (higher res + zoom), so it has 1'' black bars on the side. No biggie, but still.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I just bought AssBro and Vegas 2. AssBro was a whopping $32 but it seems like it was worth it, good game. Vegas 2 was probably a waste, but it was $4, fuck it.

Quake1028

So far only FarCry has gotten me, with Fortix and Samorost 2 on the side. I'm really, really debating HAWX and Conviction, but I can't get myself to pull the trigger.

Echoplx

Seriously Steam, if you're gonna give me sexy icon mode at least make sure the icons work

CelRC.png

Squalltdx

Update on my AC2 problems. First I did a back up-delete-reinstall, but I still had the same problems. Then I said screw it and deleted the whole thing and re-downloaded it. The game still freezes for 30 secs to 1+ minute when I start it but it seems like the minimizing issue has went away so far. Hopefully there's no other surprises waiting for me while playing the game.

coopolon

Danne-Danger said:
Jesus, PC GRAW is one ugly motherfucker. I don't remember it looking this bad.

Haha, it really is. When I first booted it up I was aghast. And I am not a graphics whore, I'm currently playing Gothic 1 and haven't thought twice about the graphics. Obviously technologically GRAW is ahead of it, but for some reason it's just really really ugly and looks like ass.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sgt.Pepper said:
Should I pass on R6V? I kinda want to get it, but I could save the money if isn't very good.
If you have someone to co-op with, don't pass up on it.

TheExodu5 said:
How's the Conviction co-op? Otherwise, what are the best co-op games here, for 2 players?
Conviction is prolly the best, R6V1 is better with 4p and t-hunt in Vegas 2 is better as well.

Echoplx

When i change settings in R63 in the menu, resolution for example, nothing happens. Is there a confirm button I'm not seeing or what?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wow RS:Lockdown has a horrible metacritic.

I'm guessing it's a huge mess and I'm not making a mistake by it being the only GR/RS/SC game that I'm passing on then?

Baha

Played a bit of HAWX and I gotta say that I'm really digging the presentation. Controller support is excellent and it runs super smooth at 1080p @60 fps (GTS250 w/ AMD Phenom II X6). Definitely worth it if you're looking for an arcade experience on PC.

Qwomo

I just booted up the first Rainbow Six Vegas game, played for about an hour, and man that game makes me want to shove a pipe cleaner in my dick. Would not recommend. Uninstalled.

NGAMER9

Qwomo said:
I just booted up the first Rainbow Six Vegas game, played for about an hour, and man that game makes me want to shove a pipe cleaner in my dick. Would not recommend. Uninstalled.
How so? The single player campaign?

Smokey

So I just built my first gaming PC a few weeks ago...and this is my first Steam sale..

I picked up:

Endwar
Hawx
Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe + DLC

in addition to:

Orange Box
Counter-Strike Source

Got all of this for like $60

:O

My mind is blown right now

Qwomo

NGAMER9 said:
How so? The single player campaign?
The controls are reallllllllly bad. I could barely shoot anything, and the cover mechanics are a chore. It probably feels fine on a controller, but with m/kb it's practically unworkable.

I have good memories of the second game, so I'm installing that now.

Qwomo said:

The start of the game was rough in my opinion but becomes a ton of fun as you progress.

Presco

Smokey said:
So I just built my first gaming PC a few weeks ago...and this is my first Steam sale..

I picked up:

Endwar
Hawx

in addition to:

Orange Box
Counter-Strike Source

It will only get better in a few weeks. You're going to kick yourself for how much you must have spent on OB and CS. I'm assuming you paid $20ish each.

JackEtc

Presco said:
It will only get better in a few weeks. You're going to kick yourself for how much you must have spent on OB and CS. I'm assuming you paid $20ish each.
I'm hoping this is true, I have a friend who had Portal gifted to (thanks Teknoman) and loved it. She bought Portal 2 on Xbox, but now I want her to play through HL2 and the episodes, and promised her they'd be on sale in the summer. Hoping they are.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Smokey said:

Just wait for the summer sale, dude.

I got lucky because I decided to go PC right before the Steam holiday sale started, so I had a very nice list of games to play when my rig was ready. Them deals is irresistible.

Sanic

Only bought Rainbow Six 3 this week.

I'm getting better at restraining my purchases, though it was made easier due to the fact that I already owned console versions of a lot of the games on sale this week.

TheExodu5

Banned
Presco said:

Sometimes you just want to play a game now and it's worth it. Can't wait for a sale on everything.

OB and CS:S are well worth $40, anyways.

Smokey said:

I picked up:

Endwar
Hawx

in addition to:

Orange Box
Counter-Strike Source

You'll be surprised at how ridiculously easy and addictive it is building a Steam library.

Sober

Baha said:
Played a bit of HAWX and I gotta say that I'm really digging the presentation. Controller support is excellent and it runs super smooth at 1080p @60 fps (GTS250 w/ AMD Phenom II X6). Definitely worth it if you're looking for an arcade experience on PC.
Dunno, tried the demo, really tried to get into it. Even spent like 2 hours on the demo mission. Couldn't really get into it. Might be because I used a 360 pad instead of having a flightstick I guess?

Forkball

The older Splinter Cell games don't have controller support? That sucks, I prefer the controller for stealthy games. I'll get the original, Chaos Theory, and RSV2.

Presco

TheExodu5 said:
Sometimes you just want to play a game now and it's worth it. Can't wait for a sale on everything.

OB and CS:S are well worth $40, anyways.

You will get no argument from me on their value. But it's nearly a given they'll each be available for $5-10 or so very soon. It's a minimal amount of money but it adds up over time. Quickly.

Oreoleo

Sober said:
Dunno, tried the demo, really tried to get into it. Even spent like 2 hours on the demo mission. Couldn't really get into it. Might be because I used a 360 pad instead of having a flightstick I guess?

I tried the demo, and it takes you into assistance-off mode or whatever, and the camera is stuck in a fixed 3rd person view (ie, not directly behind the jet). Felt like trying to fly drunk, I imagine. The 30 seconds of game before that was pretty cool. But that camera issue ruined it for me instantly.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ready to take a trip back in time and play Ghost Recon 1. Thanks Steam!

Smokey

Presco said:

Yeah $20.
I probably will but I couldn't resist CS.

Then I said "Well...might as well get Orange Box since I barely played HL2 on 360".

I'm sure they'll probably hit a sale pretty soon...but in the meantime I will be in gaming heaven. When does the summer sale begin?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I mean Steam sales are nice, but I personally think that you should buy something if you want to play it. We spend so much on games on sale that we'll hardly touch, so there is no harm on spending a little extra on something you're ready to play right away.

TheExodu5

Banned
Snuggler said:
Yeah, I mean Steam sales are nice, but I personally think that you should buy something if you want to play it. We spend so much on games on sale that we'll hardly touch, so there is no harm on spending a little extra on something you're ready to play right away.

That's a good way to put it.

Salsa

after some .ini research i could make Splinter Cell 1 run at a widescreen resolution and change the FOV to something pleasant. Game looks better than i thought it would. Too bad forcing AA from the nvidia settings panel doesnt do much.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
nyong said:
Man oh man is AC2 an improvement. Worth every penny, DRM and all. I should've picked up Brotherhood as well.
You should have. Brotherhood is vastly superior to AC2.

Yasae

Banned
The Broken Ska Record said:
I'm thinking of picking up a copy of GRAW, should I get the first or the second? I'd rather not buy both, or anything before GRAW1 if I can.
I thought they were both fine games, really.

BiggNife

Dance In My Blood said:
You should have. Brotherhood is vastly superior to AC2.
I strongly disagree with this but either way I wouldn't worry about it since I'm sure Brotherhood will be on sale again later in the year, and for probably more than 33% off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom